Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466672 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

Your parts came from an adventure?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »

My project is moving along.

Warp9 sent the correct brake caliper carrier on the third try but now my spedo doesn't work. The pickup seems half covered by a diameter on the rotor. 

Or maybe the spacing isn't close enough. Ill have to investigate.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

Your parts came from an adventure?
I thought they did but looking at pics, I'm thinking not. I believe the bike was a frankenstein having been rebuilt once before the latest wreck. The kid does have an R title for it that he's going to give me once he finds it.
doesn't matter, it's still a bunch of worthwhile parts

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2012, 01:04:47 PM »

I love parts drool

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2012, 01:10:03 PM »

I love parts drool
Hell yeah!  waytogo
I has lots!

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »

I love parts drool

I love lamp

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »

CRAP bang head

I just messed up a perfectly good sidestand.  It's repairable but still.  Sad

I found a used stand from a 525, bought it and machined it to fit the bits from my 450 exc stand.  The 525 has some angle to it (and I cut an inch out of it) so when I have my sumo wheels on it should put the bike at a decent angle.

The foot is pressed in.  I got it out and as it was allllllmmost back into place after the sectioning it snapped off.

I drilled it out and now have to come up with something to be a new foot for the side stand.  I'll see if the dealer sells them on their own or if I have to make one out of aluminum I'll do that.

This is one of those projects I thought would go well.  And in the middle of it, I thought "it's going well.  Shit, don't think that, we're not done with it yet. . ."

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »

I hear you've got a pretty good tool set. That so?

Not an option for you, but I just tossed some cash at that issue for my bike - the side stand for the SMC is around 1" shorter than the Enduro and was an early purchase as with the 17's and E stand the bike was almost upright.

So I've been getting down with some tune work - got the cables and such for uploading maps and such. Though it's no cusyom Dyno tune the tweaked slip-on map I uploaded is way better feeling than the stock.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »

Good tool set?  lol, yes.

My dealer said to just get the stand from the 450smc as it was shorter but I didn't want to spend 100 on it.

I engineered a workaround for my problem.  Should be fixed shortly.

If you want their number, my dealer has done extensive work on the 690 engine for mapping.  One of the service guys has a 690e and has it running like you poured espresso into a Jack Russel.  They would probably share the map.  I know they were asked by KTM to share it with them. . .

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

Question is what's he got going on besides the map. It's not uncommon for folks to have some flavor of the 'EVO' kit. The EVO 1 has a different intake set up, the 2 hops up to a (gigantic) pod, and new cam.

Can't hurt to talk to them though - drop a PM on me?

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »

This is what's on my Duke 690 (654) Dyno tuned with a Bazzaz.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »

So I just got back from my first ride on the 450sm

I only need four words to describe it.

It.

Is.

The.

DEBIL!!!

It has no guts above 75 the way its geared.

0-60 range its pretty well untouchable.

One I get more in tune with it that is Evil

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #267 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:25 AM »

Working it up to be a StupidMoto too?

Hmmm, just had a thought... wonder if a rear brake link like this
https://tpoparts.com/cat093/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=brake&category_id=0&product_id=152
would work on the KTM. Hmmm

I've got the lever positioned about as low as it'll go and it's still near level with the pegs. Makes hitting the brake w/o lifting my foot off problematic. And to get it there I had to replace the stock stop bolt with something longer from my spares bin..

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #268 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »

Evil

Wink

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #269 on: April 09, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »

Stoopid indeed - I was just about to say you should come down here for the SuperMoto track day at summit point. But it appears management has changed and the new boss doesn't wish to do a SuMo day at the kart track. bah

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: