Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466621 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »

Better to find it now than when you're 300 miles from help with no cell signal Wink

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2012, 05:30:18 AM »

Well it's not (generally) an grenade type fail item - that is if you're following any sort of reasonable maintenance. Though I'm at 2200 miles and shouldn't need to be in valve covers for a few grand more - so it could have been a real problem at that point.

At least they aren't too costly. $62 a pop. Thought about just replacing the one, but said f-it and got the set. Replacing the one would just mean that the other would crap out and be a pain later.

Now I'll know they are both 'good'.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2012, 05:48:57 AM »

Good move.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »

finally uploaded the full length videos of that road I went on the other day.
Bit tough on sumo rims and tires but it was doable

The hard (for my lame ass anyway) northernmost section of River Road
It starts off nice and easy, lulling you into thinking everything will be ok. It gradually gets worse and worse.
RiverRoadSection5Part1.wmv

RiverRoadSection5Part2.wmv

This is the easy section 4 to the south of that Section, that is nice with a little fun thrown in.

RiverRoadSection4.wmv

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
rockaduc

« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »

Good quality vids, but where was the hard part?  That was all double wide track w/o any obstacles (streams, logs, boulders, steep hillclimbs, etc.)

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »

Good quality vids, but where was the hard part?  That was all double wide track w/o any obstacles (streams, logs, boulders, steep hillclimbs, etc.)
first two vids, look easier than they were and the drop off to the side was a bit concerning throughout most.
The third video is easy, I mistakenly drove a car on that one once years back and the only danger was my wife's anger about the fact that I always forge forward.
No way a car could do the other section

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:14 PM »

Failed to report this the other week - managed to well and good back it into a 90 degree right after a pit stop. According to my neighbor behind me it was some place past 45 degrees

Now... Must confess it was not planned nor attempted on purpose. Earlier in the day the bike tipped and the front brake was inoperable. So I near overcooked the right when I forgot there was no fron brake to be had - stomped the rear lost traction *then* spun up the rear and slid it to correct my direction

At least it was able to get it done properly and not panic
Now to learn how to do it properly and when I want to  Evil
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:04:39 AM by Sad Panda » Logged

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »

Thats the most awesome post I may have ever read on this forum

Cheesy

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2012, 05:08:33 AM »

Eh... like I said it was totally an accident due to my forgetting that I had no operable front brake. It was way more an "Oh shit!" moment than hey lemme try this moment. It was either go for the gusto or bail on the turn and just go straight on the road I was about to turn off.

just wish he'd had a camera

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2012, 05:17:14 AM »

Still awesome.

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2012, 05:21:21 AM »

Sure anyone at the stop light for the exit side of the ramp got a good view of a sideways bike...

And it's odd. I'm used to some attention on the Farkled up 900 and didn't expect any on the KTM... not so much. A dude at the gas station I'd left before the slide was near apoplectic about how cool the StupidMoto was. If he caught my shenanigans he's probably on the hunt for one now. 

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2012, 05:55:51 AM »

I get lots of looks and positive comments too.
Mine is a little loud (not obnoxious though) and all little kids heads always snap around to look when they hear it.  waytogo

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2012, 06:34:05 AM »

So I near overcooked the right when I forgot there was no fron brake to be had - stomped the rear lost traction *then* spun up the rear and slid it to correct my direction

how many gears did you shift down in the process?

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2012, 06:45:44 AM »

None - was still in first. Quite literally turned left out of the gas station which was on the NW corner of the 4-way intersection that I was turning right

Highway on/off ramp w/ light
          x
____|      |____

-----        ---------------
____        _   ___   ____
      |       |  Gas Station

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2012, 06:48:15 AM »

You need to change your name to Sideways Panda.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: