Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:29:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466621 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »

Orangy wheels...

Gonna get some sliders?

Sliders?

For what?

I have the ktm rad protectors on there.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »

I love this bike moar and moar with each passing mile.

I'm starting to see the light.  It handles like a scalpel.  Under powered IMO, but not drastically so. I would love to find another 10 hp somewhere (without major internal mods)

Also, I make the beast with two backsing live me some wheelies Cheesy

And stoppies Cheesy

I probably did 50 of each today laughingdp

Suspension setup needs some love but even still, I'm faster into corners and out of them.

This thing loves to carry corner speed (it pretty much has to)

This build was without a doubt the right decision.

Evil Evil Evil Evil

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »

Sliders?

For what?

I have the ktm rad protectors on there.

Axles and can. Some tracks require sliders.

I got another 10hp for yah.

they are fun huh? Still twiddling with mine a bit - tweaking suspension as well. The manual recommended settings are crap. "Sport" is far too stiff for anything. The comp and rebound are so stiff it made the front brake almost useless due to chatter.

Amongst other stuff I got it back together today and fired up. Near gassed myself with the fumes off the header from the wrap and paint job.  Also got my new manual cam chain tensioner set. Good fun.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »

waytogo

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »

did my test fit with the big tank and the thick seat that goes with it . Had to modify the seat for clearance underneath and still need to make it so it can latch.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »

Hows that seat?

lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »

Hows that seat?
feels like it will be comfy for the longer runs the 5 gallon tank would allow
Can't really try it out too well as it could fall off right now

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
MendoDave
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »

I like this thread. It reminds me of when I used to ride this.

And this.

And this.

Ive been thinking lately of getting one of these.

or these..

But probably the BMW Because of the luggage and probably better range. I want to be able to navigate Forest service roads and ride on the Highway with it.

My Motocross and Offroad days are over. I'm getting too old for injuries.

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »

Ive been thinking lately of getting one of these.

I test rode one and quite frankly walked away from it wanting to go ride a Triumph Tiger 800 XC, but haven't found a demo for one yet....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

Triumph has demo sign ups on their site... might help. And I got a short spin on a 675 at Clinton Cycles. You might go over there.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
MendoDave
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

I haven't rode the 800 but I rode an F650 a few years ago and loved it!

*Edit*  I should ask what didn't you like about it?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:37:39 AM by Mendo Dave » Logged
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »

*Edit*  I should ask what didn't you like about it?

front end felt vague....the 1st 2 gears weren't grunty enough gears IMHO for if I were in some muck and the 6th gear on it was putting the motor into a buzzy spot at 75-80 highway cruising that was less than comfy...and quite frankly....for what they were asking for the bike....it didn't add up....I could get an equally(if not better) equipped couple year older R1200GS for the same money or less....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
MendoDave
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »

front end felt vague....the 1st 2 gears weren't grunty enough gears IMHO for if I were in some muck and the 6th gear on it was putting the motor into a buzzy spot at 75-80 highway cruising that was less than comfy...and quite frankly....for what they were asking for the bike....it didn't add up....I could get an equally(if not better) equipped couple year older R1200GS for the same money or less....

Well front end vague doesn't sound good. The grunty enough problem doesn't sound like an issue to me becauseI don't plan on seeking out muck. I hate Buzzy spots I guess it depends on how bad it is.
Speaking for me I don't want a 1200 for a couple of reasons
1. bigger and heavier
2. sucks more fuel
3. I hear about an insurance premium for over 1000cc bikes. (but probably not that big of a deal)

(Right and that's why I was looking at a Hypermotard) I keep looking at it and then I start thinking common sense or something. However there is the 800 Motard but I don't think you can put luggage on it, and I think the gas tank might be on the small side.
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »

Well front end vague doesn't sound good. The grunty enough problem doesn't sound like an issue to me becauseI don't plan on seeking out muck. I hate Buzzy spots I guess it depends on how bad it is.
Speaking for me I don't want a 1200 for a couple of reasons
1. bigger and heavier
2. sucks more fuel
3. I hear about an insurance premium for over 1000cc bikes. (but probably not that big of a deal)

(Right and that's why I was looking at a Hypermotard) I keep looking at it and then I start thinking common sense or something. However there is the 800 Motard but I don't think you can put luggage on it, and I think the gas tank might be on the small side.
Get something closer to what you'd like for the shorter runs and make it work for long ones too.
My gas tank is little (2.3 gallons) but I resolved that by getting a 5 gallon one that is an easy swap for when I want it.
If I'm riding like a sane person, it will get 40-50 mpg. The other seat I got should resolve the "plank-o-wood" seat issue for the longer runs. Mine will clear 100 so it's perfectly happy cruising along at 70-80.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2012, 07:54:47 AM »

Here's 2 videos of what a pro rider can do on these bikes.
On the first the guy instructing us rides one of the guy's 990 Adventure.
His first time ever on a big adventure bike, couldn't tell by how he rode it though

FrenchieOnPauls990.wmv

On this one, he proves to me that my bike can be ridden through this soft stuff. This stuff was soft like beach sand in the Carribean.

I'll edit some more and upload them over the next few days.
It's mostly me falling down a lot

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: