Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 466597 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #615 on: October 15, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

His bike is like yours?

His vision will blur when he rides it then Grin

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #616 on: October 15, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »

His bike is like yours?

adds to the sensation of speed  waytogo

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #617 on: October 16, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »

adds to the sensation of speed  waytogo

and the sensation on the taint!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #618 on: October 18, 2012, 05:31:33 PM »

I could not resist the orange either.

My new ride:

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #619 on: October 18, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »

I could not resist the orange either.

My new ride:

Sweet, is that a 13 color?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #620 on: October 18, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »

Sweet, is that a 13 color?

Yup.  Magma is the official name.

KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »

His bike is like yours?

it took me a while to figure out why i couldn't read the writing on a sign on the side of the road. lol

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #622 on: October 31, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »

Anyone interested in a 44t Stealth (KTM branded orange) rear sprocket for a single? Only got a couple hundred miles on it (maybe less) from use at a track day. Swapped out for all AL to shave weight, so the Stealth is gathering dust.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #623 on: November 02, 2012, 04:08:51 AM »

Swapped out the fuel filter on the 690. Like most reports mine was on the dirty early track. 45xx miles and the filter element was coffee grounds brown. Ick.

And getting it all back in is a pregnant dog! One simple comment in the manual would have saved me 10-15 min of try try trying to stuff the hoses back in. Something to the effect of "turn the pump assembly 1/2 turn once the filter has passed though the tank port" - How hard would that be to note... Secret Austrian tricks.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #624 on: November 02, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »

Swapped out the fuel filter on the 690. Like most reports mine was on the dirty early track. 45xx miles and the filter element was coffee grounds brown. Ick.

And getting it all back in is a pregnant dog! One simple comment in the manual would have saved me 10-15 min of try try trying to stuff the hoses back in. Something to the effect of "turn the pump assembly 1/2 turn once the filter has passed though the tank port" - How hard would that be to note... Secret Austrian tricks.

it's in there, it just didn't translate into english.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #625 on: November 02, 2012, 08:28:46 AM »

They thought you would figure that out when you removed the old filter.     Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #626 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »

it all comes out pretty easily. But the tank on a 690 is a weird shape, cramped thing. One doesn't just stick stuff back in like on a Monster.

But lesson learned.

Aaaand I've got a new light rotor coming today. *Hopefully* it fits. If not... anyone interested in a 320mm Braking SK2? It's listed to fit up to a 560... Kev?

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Hmm, I think the rotor on my Sumo wheel is 310. . .

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »

Might be - I saw that size floating around too but this is (supposed to be) a 320. I'll find out this evening.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #629 on: November 06, 2012, 09:19:16 AM »

Well, I put the 450 and the 950 to bed for the winter.

The 950 is on front and rear stands and the 450 is on its pit stand.  I drained the fuel from the tanks and from the carbs to keep my pilot jets in good shape (450 is really sensitive to this) plugged in the battery tenders and that's all she wrote Sad

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: