Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 27, 2024, 11:53:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 474747 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1035 on: November 04, 2013, 06:42:56 AM »

Pretty solid start.

Low miles is good - Thoughts.
- Fuel filters clog EARLY. Not at 1100 miles. But it's probably way more dirty than you'd think. But that's a $15 fix and a smelly 30 min job.
- It does NOT have the SMC brake on the front. So if you want that, it'll be a few hundred dollars for that suite. That's a caliper (that may need some milling to clear the spokes), relocation bracket, rotor, line, SMC master.
- It doesn't have the SMC front fender which is smaller - about $30
- The speed numbers are a bit over optimistic.... but they always are. Mine was good for about 100 at the end of the straight at the local tight track. It had more to give before the limit, but acceleration was dropping way off as wind resistance climbed.
- Both wheel sets saves you a lot of hassle
- If you plan to give it a going over, pull the forks apart if you are capable. Polish the lowers and install SKF brand seals. From the factory, the seals are very sticky, and lead to a lot of fork stiction. I polished the lowers and installed those SKF seals on mine, and it was a big improvement
- If you get it - you need to zip-tie the fuel line. by the quick disconnect. It rubs against the mounting bolt for the tank and will eventually perforate. 5 min fix.
- The suspension settings in the owner manual are SHIT SHIT SHIT. Ignore them and drop me a line...
- A lower temp radiator switch is good. $40, otherwise it gets really freaking hot before the fan kicks on.

I could go on... and will if you want

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1036 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »

Well hullooo lovely

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
pesto

« Reply #1037 on: November 05, 2013, 10:36:51 AM »

Pretty solid start.

Low miles is good - Thoughts.
- Fuel filters clog EARLY. Not at 1100 miles. But it's probably way more dirty than you'd think. But that's a $15 fix and a smelly 30 min job.
- It does NOT have the SMC brake on the front. So if you want that, it'll be a few hundred dollars for that suite. That's a caliper (that may need some milling to clear the spokes), relocation bracket, rotor, line, SMC master.
- It doesn't have the SMC front fender which is smaller - about $30
- The speed numbers are a bit over optimistic.... but they always are. Mine was good for about 100 at the end of the straight at the local tight track. It had more to give before the limit, but acceleration was dropping way off as wind resistance climbed.
- Both wheel sets saves you a lot of hassle
- If you plan to give it a going over, pull the forks apart if you are capable. Polish the lowers and install SKF brand seals. From the factory, the seals are very sticky, and lead to a lot of fork stiction. I polished the lowers and installed those SKF seals on mine, and it was a big improvement
- If you get it - you need to zip-tie the fuel line. by the quick disconnect. It rubs against the mounting bolt for the tank and will eventually perforate. 5 min fix.
- The suspension settings in the owner manual are SHIT SHIT SHIT. Ignore them and drop me a line...
- A lower temp radiator switch is good. $40, otherwise it gets really freaking hot before the fan kicks on.

I could go on... and will if you want

I'm listening.  popcorn

2013 White M696
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1038 on: November 05, 2013, 10:40:16 AM »

What do you want to hear? I could (can) ramble

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
pesto

« Reply #1039 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:27 AM »

What do you want to hear? I could (can) ramble

I have no specific questions whatsoever  laughingdp

2013 White M696
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1040 on: November 05, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »

So the TL;DR version
- Lots of fun, do a lot bike, that has some issues that need to be addressed, but in general they are minor and easy to handle for a moderate DIY'er.

Lets see, bad stuff.
- Wants premium gas. If you're in the boonies that can be a problem to source
- If you're in turbulent air, like on a busy metro area highway you take a lot of buffeting. Back roads, it's just fine. But when other vehicles are stirring things up, you know it

Um... yeah - I like.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #1041 on: November 05, 2013, 06:08:13 PM »

Well hullooo lovely

I want one so bad!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #1042 on: November 06, 2013, 04:49:21 AM »

I saw 6K euros for pricing......and KTM's pricing model is mostly 1:1 from Euro:USD. Now if only they could market/dealers/bring to USA blah blah blah.....

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1043 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:02 AM »

I have no specific questions whatsoever  laughingdp

Oh - they are easy to upload fuel and throttle maps to. There's freeware to do it - needs windows and some folks at SMJ have really put in effort on some packages - like real world wide-band sensor data logging to evaluate fuel/ignition maps

The throttle maps are just that - despite the cables that appear to be running to the TB, its really a fly by wire set up than can support multiple throttle maps.

Also with that free ware, you can disable the O2 sensor which helps smooth out response at low RPMs. And if you have an aftermarket slip on you can disable the Secondary Air System as well.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1044 on: November 06, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »

I saw 6K euros for pricing......and KTM's pricing model is mostly 1:1 from Euro:USD. Now if only they could market/dealers/bring to USA blah blah blah.....

This

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Blackout

« Reply #1045 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »

Why?  Grin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-SX-2004-ktm-450-sxf-/121207814282?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c388c788a&item=121207814282&pt=US_motorcycles

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
SpikeC

Spike in PDX

« Reply #1046 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »

cheeky laughingdp laughingdp Huh?

Makes the bike look lighter?

Spike Cornelius
  PDX
   2009 M1100S Assorted blingy odds and ends(now gone)
2008 Bimota DB5R  woo-Hoo!
   1965 T100SC
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1047 on: November 07, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »

A friend of mine's 6yr old boy is feeling the power of orange.  Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #1048 on: November 07, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »

Nice

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #1049 on: November 07, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »

nothing says trailer park more than that!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: