Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:50:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243460 times)
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:18 PM »

The gap between the tail light and the seat
when seen from above the light has a rectangular profile and the seat is round. it looks a little silly
and I by the looks of it the rear cowl is warped from being bolted to it

So I went and bought an original seat that sits perfectly.

Hey Dom

From Memory the tail tidy on your bike is a home made jobby,and fairly average one at that made from very light gauge aluminium :'(
plus from the picture it appears to be more to the right side of the bike,this will give you alignment issues with he seat,
Best to get a new Competition Werks Fender Eliminator  from monster parts or the like

http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/1DMON/Accessories/1DMON.html

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/fender-eliminators/triumph-1-2/

Rob

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
heatherp

« Reply #736 on: March 11, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »

Come on H, just 105,000 k's you could have got another 10-20k out of it I'm sure.  Roll Eyes
Kinda the way you get another few k's outta your tyres......

Put the old battery on the charger and it charged up fine, so yes it would probably keep going.  waytogo  Just don't want to get caught out with a dead battery somewhere.

I consider the sluggish start a warning even though I've been told that my battery would probably just die without any warning what so ever.
cicii

« Reply #737 on: March 11, 2013, 02:01:16 AM »

Hey Dom

From Memory the tail tidy on your bike is a home made jobby,and fairly average one at that made from very light gauge aluminium :'(
plus from the picture it appears to be more to the right side of the bike,this will give you alignment issues with he seat,
Best to get a new Competition Werks Fender Eliminator  from monster parts or the like

http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/1DMON/Accessories/1DMON.html

http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/fender-eliminators/triumph-1-2/
Rob

Thanks for that Rob, I thought it was a bit of a home job especially after seeing how easy it was to bend. I had the CW kit on the 600 and it was great. I might try it again. I measured it up before I installed it. I can probably get one made for a fraction of the cost.
thanks Dom
Brett76

« Reply #738 on: March 14, 2013, 01:22:13 AM »

Rizoma indicators - didn't realise it would be such a be-arch to conceal the wiring😅

Ducati Monster S2r800
braando
« Reply #739 on: March 15, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »

No need to install it yourself Dom, nor you as well Brett, I can give you both Robs address, just front up there with a tea bun or lollies and your welcomed with open arms.       waytogo
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:49:04 AM by Brian W » Logged
cicii

« Reply #740 on: March 15, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »

haha thanks Brian

got myself another problem

bang head

hopefully balmain motorcycles will get a free spot today
oor i go in monday morning  Undecided
WayneR

« Reply #741 on: March 16, 2013, 06:41:06 PM »

Picked it up from Desmo Clinic after a major service.

Went for a ride up the old pacific highway yesterday afternoon and couldn't be happier. Bike is running much better than when I dropped it off.  waytogo

06 S2R 800
05 620
Sundog

« Reply #742 on: March 19, 2013, 04:48:34 AM »

Comments, suggestions welcome. I'm hoping for the quote to come back on Monday or early next week and am happy to share.

I have my quote back from Bikecraft, it's a little over $2700 which is pretty much what I thought, being more or less split between the pipes and the custom paint job with replacement Rizoma gear to fix the damaged parts. The bike goes in on Saturday and will take a few weeks. I will be going down to check it out occasionally so will take some progress photos for posting. Brad says he will be selling the pipes as a retail item after he has the jig made for mine if anyone is interested.

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
Marmaduc
Take it to the next level.

There is no purpose, other than survival.

« Reply #743 on: March 22, 2013, 12:01:25 AM »

Dropped it on a left turn, avoiding an arsehole illegally turning right across my path. Broke the knob off the clutch lever. Otherwise no damage to me or my bike.

Belief is simply that which makes no sense to the informed man.
Brett76

« Reply #744 on: March 22, 2013, 12:14:26 AM »

Dropped it on a left turn, avoiding an arsehole illegally turning right across my path. Broke the knob off the clutch lever. Otherwise no damage to me or my bike.
Wow, good to hear you are ok

Ducati Monster S2r800
Marmaduc

« Reply #745 on: March 22, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »

This wanker did his rag because the lead car in front was allowing the pedestrians and me right of way, as is the law. He cut inside of the lead car with squealing tyres yelling abuse and blowing his horn. I hit the front break to avoid him, stopping dead with wheel turned. Couldn't hold the bike up, and over we went. The shithead just floored it and pissed off. No one got his number, but plenty of kind souls helped me pick up the bike. Got home a bit shaken, but none the worse for the experience. Only takes one dickhead to kill you.

GK

« Reply #746 on: March 22, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »

Glad you're okay and there's only superficial damage to the bike.

Darn pity no one got the number of the moron that nearly took you out!

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #747 on: March 22, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

That's unpleasant to hear Marmaduc, glad you and the bike are okay.
It's especially crappy as you are somewhat new to bikes and having shit like that happen doesn't help very much.

All you can hope is that he wraps himself around a pole while trying to overtake on a blind corner, cause lets face it behavior like that doesn't change.

mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #748 on: March 22, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »

I was setup in the garage shooting this week so I thought I'd roll the Monster onto the back ground and do some photos for it's "official sale"
Though I am now wavering after doing these.

So is it still for sale?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
It's always for sale, I've just got to find the buyer.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:45:08 PM by mattyvas » Logged

Marmaduc

« Reply #749 on: March 22, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »

That's unpleasant to hear Marmaduc, glad you and the bike are okay.
It's especially crappy as you are somewhat new to bikes and having shit like that happen doesn't help very much.

All you can hope is that he wraps himself around a pole while trying to overtake on a blind corner, cause lets face it behavior like that doesn't change.

Thanks Matty. Here's hoping, the fewer of these people on the roads, the better. Unfortunately, that's what big city riding is about.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: