Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR MONSTER TODAY ??????  (Read 243463 times)
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #840 on: May 25, 2013, 01:18:37 AM »

Hey, thats a Harley wheel/tyre on the front.............  yep, its gotta be a Harley     Roll Eyes

Good thing I don't own it then, otherwise my self esteem would be shot.

:p

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #841 on: May 25, 2013, 01:57:57 AM »

Looks like a fun ride Dez.

I've done it for a weekend (which is a bit of rush as yiu say) and in passing 2-3 times in both directions on the monster and the adv bike.

Looked like a good collection of riders/bikes who were you with?

Cheers
Matty...

braando
« Reply #842 on: May 25, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »

Look at this fancy little bit of machine work carried by a local Sydney member, since Suzy is over in WA
it could only be R _ b, but I'm not telling

& all it took was one of these

Yes, it was a looooong day, secret men's business,,,,,,  many thanks Wobbart.  xoxo
dan_t

« Reply #843 on: May 26, 2013, 02:06:08 AM »

New belts, new cooling fan (other one seized) & service.
Now need a ride!

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
dan_t

« Reply #844 on: May 28, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »

Ride....... Check!!

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
WayneR

« Reply #845 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »

Nice bike! Where was the ride? If there's one thing I miss about Canberra (there is only one thing, really...) it's the autumn colour. Don't see much of it around the CBD in Sydney.

I put in an order a couple of days ago at Monster Parts:
- Rizoma tapered bar
- CRG hindsight bar end mirrors & oberon bar ends
- 'Spider Grips'
- Tinted screen
- New gear shift lever
- Various bits of billet bling...just because I was paying for shipping already.

Next up is removing the swing arm for powder coating and ceramic coating the exhaust...

06 S2R 800
05 620
dan_t

« Reply #846 on: May 29, 2013, 02:46:59 AM »

Those pics were taken north of Syd, just past the top of the Old Rd, behind Gosford.
There's plenty of colour around Syd this time of year.

Good luck with the bling, you know - once you start...........  chug

'08 S4rs;
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #847 on: May 29, 2013, 03:18:54 AM »

Good luck with the bling, you know - once you start...........  chug

You can never sell your bike...........

Sundog

« Reply #848 on: May 29, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »

Here's the latest pic, almost done. The bike developed a bad left fork seal leak a couple of days ago, I suspect due to it being off road for nearly two months and its shrunk a bit. So no sooner than the bike was put together than it's gonna come apart again, at least at the front. Putting in some slightly more viscous fluid as well as two new seals.

The clutch cover will be painted this weekend as well as a small 20cm black heat shield to be clipped on to the pipe near where my right foot would sit and we'll be dyno'ing it next week too. I'll hopefully have it on the road for the long weekend.

I started it for the first time, OMFG! The sound is (and I hate the use of this word but..) AWESOME! Leaves the Termi's for dead as far as note and 'feel'  waytogo

Jim
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:32:26 PM by Sundog » Logged

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
Brett76

« Reply #849 on: May 30, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »

You can never sell your bike...........
The power is in your hands my friend, the lower the number the faster it sells. No one mods a depreciating asset to increase its value, we do it as an enthusiast. Having you crash all threads with negative sentiments on an enthusiast forum as above is not cool..

Ducati Monster S2r800
mostro900

« Reply #850 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »

Booked it in for a service. Will be back on the road next week after 18months off...coffee anyone?

03 M900
04 ET125
08 Sherpa

'when in doubt apply throttle' - it may not save you, but it will end the suspense
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #851 on: May 30, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »

Booked it in for a service. Will be back on the road next week after 18months off...coffee anyone?

Hi Ivan, good to see the old Guard still about  Smiley
I guess your talking about the monster?  thought you may have sold it,or going to sell, appears to be the trend lately.
Coffee sounds good, might be a bit hard to drag some off us out to Bar Italia on winters evening Brrrrr  Undecided

The power is in your hands my friend, the lower the number the faster it sells. No one mods a depreciating asset to increase its value, we do it as an enthusiast. Having you crash all threads with negative sentiments on an enthusiast forum as above is not cool..

Ouch  Lips Sealed

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
Jukie
I need a

Paradise

« Reply #852 on: May 31, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »

Sure a meet up for a coffee sound good when and where Ivan. Bar itailia sound find. Don't worry about the soft cocks around here, they have heated hand grips or they can take the car

Before Honda CB125N
          Suzuki GS125
Now.   Ducati 620ie
          Lambretta Li150
          Ducati S4RT
GK

« Reply #853 on: May 31, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »

Nothing. pm me your address and I'll post you one.

Thanks Suzy, picked them up from the post office today.

Cheers!  waytogo Dolph chug

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Brett76

« Reply #854 on: May 31, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »

G2 throttle tamer - should have got one of those years ago instead of over investing in the only poor quality thing Rizoma sells
Went back to the stock config. The G2 was awesome commuting trough ugly traffic but after a few open road jaunts it made the bike feel slow. I guess I cannot escape my 2 stroke background, I do like my throttle to be more like an on/off switch...

Ducati Monster S2r800
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: