Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 04:06:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: court date on 17th...  (Read 7659 times)
rgury

« on: June 23, 2008, 07:35:07 AM »

About a year ago, I was on the palisades (NJ) heading north to meet some people to run bear mountain.  Exactly one month before that I made an improper turn in the city, got slapped with a small ticket, and thought I had a LITTLE more time to pay it.  (I'm from PA, we get 2 months to cut a check and they send you letters before they take your license.)

I don't speed on the palisades, but I opened it up to get in the middle of two packs of cars, and got clocked around 105 in a 55...  with a suspended license.  The cop looked at me like the biggest idiot, threw down 3 tickets, and drove me to the border.  I know some of you would never be in this situation, I know some of you might come close.

Got a lawyer and waited, now my time has come.

Just got off phone with my representation, he doesn't seem so excited. Says get ready for NJ suspension.  Get ready for fines.  Bring 500 cash on hand.  Wear a suit.  Doesn't see mant triple digit suspensions.  I don't think I get points because I'm licensed in a different state.

Anyone know what/how much money I'm looking at?  Also, I have NO WAY to get up there unless I ride.  Think I can park the bike at the courthouse, I have a feeling this is a dumb question.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:43:30 AM »

Hard to say since I don' know exactly what those 3 tickets are for.  My guess though is since its NJ, you have multiple tickets, a suspended license, and have attorney fees your looking at at least 1k.

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
rgury

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:51:28 AM »

Suspended License, Speeding, Wreckless Driving...   

Hard to say since I don' know exactly what those 3 tickets are for.  My guess though is since its NJ, you have multiple tickets, a suspended license, and have attorney fees your looking at at least 1k.1
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:05:24 AM »

reckless driving in NJ can mean jail time, I've been there.

My guess is, if you have nothing else, reckless dropped suspended & speeding reduced.  Fines and attorney fees total of 1k - 2k depending on how expensive your lawyer is it could be higher. 

for me reckless (no signal) and speeding (115mph).  reckless was tossed and speeding reduced plus atty fees was about $700 - $800 end of summer last year.

Got Duc

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

Pak

you got reckless for no signal?

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
Beattie_Yoo

OBAMA-BIDEN

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:43:34 AM »

assuming its PIP police. you wont get away with shit. Expect to drop at least a grand, and maybe suspend license. They are a ruthless money making machine (50mph speed limit on an interstate parkway?? c'mon)....you got f*cked hard, and you will learn to never ever ever take the PIP ever again. I may however suggest a local lawyer who has experience at that particular precinct. There are a few who are farmiliar with the judges and officers who can possibly get you a reduced charge(s) lemme know if you need the contact.

dont even give em the opportunity to catch you....just dont take that highway, period
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »

Pak

you got reckless for no signal?

yup he came up behind me and said I didn't signal, when I did signal, to change lanes to pull over.  I hate NJ's team gestapo.

Got Duc

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 09:23:46 AM »

damn!

Beattie is probably right about the local lawyer.

They will know the court and how it works.

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
rgury

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »

damn!
Beattie is probably right about the local lawyer.
They will know the court and how it works.

I don't care about money the bike suspension or fines.  I just don't want to go to a damn jail.  Had a trip planned 2 days after this court date, can't get money back.  Just got the notice yesterday.  Cmon guys, I wasn't being super hooligan, I just goosed it to 100 with an (unknowingly) bad license.  Do you really think I could see a damn jaildoor???
CountGreffi

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »

Okay you do recieve points. If the ticket is for 4 points two will transfer to PA. So expect half the points to transfer. Your license will be suspended in the State of NJ for around 12 months. Plus you'll have to pay NJ $450 for that one. Speeding ticket will be the highest. Maybe 4 to 6 points for that one alone. You can get some things lessened and dismissed prior to you going to the judge. Get careless instead of wreckless driving. Have the speed you were doing come down, and eat it with the suspended license thing. About in total I'd say $1,200 is total with court fees, fines, and those type of things. Plus the lawyer. Don't worry if you have a PA License they can only suspend your driving privledges in NJ. So prepare to pay BWAH BWAH BWAH HAHAH. Idiot..your own fault. So don't expect sympathy. No jail time so quick whining like a pregnant dog, as your asshole (aka Balloon Knot) is safe from getting raped.

Bikes:
2007 Ducati Monster S2R 800, Black
rgury

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:54 AM »

So don't expect sympathy. No jail time so quick whining like a pregnant dog, as your asshole (aka Balloon Knot) is safe from getting raped.

Not expecting sympathy, gonna be straight about it.  Jail scares the crap out of me...  thanks for the straight response tho.

Ryan
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 12:27:28 PM by rgury » Logged
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »

I think they put the possible jail time charge to scare people, I don't think they will put you in jail.  Especially with a lawyer on your side.  Remember, in the end most moving violations from any state are there for them to make money.  If they put you in jail they lose a source of income and you become debt.

DrDesmo

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:31 AM »

...Wreckless Driving...   

What, would they prefer you get into a wreck ?!?!  Wink

Good luck man ...

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
rcpete

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »

Hey Ryan

Good luck on your hearing. Hopefully no jail time just fines. Its good to see you guys last Saturday. How was the test rides? We have to shoot some skeets soon.
CountGreffi

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »

Night night keep your butthole tight! Haha. Man make the beast with two backs it. You'll pay out your ass, just nothing is gonna go in. Not like you were smuggling 2 kilos of cocaine. It's a simple case of you got caught. You will now learn your lesson, and not pull that shit again.

cg

Bikes:
2007 Ducati Monster S2R 800, Black
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: