Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 11, 2024, 09:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension Set Up - Thanks  (Read 4509 times)
OwnyTony

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 06:05:42 AM »

You're right, those instructions are missing steps for setting the compression damping.  I thought it mentioned that compression damping (unlike sag and rebound) requires a session or two of riding with adjustments in between.  However, no additional instructions are given.  I turned my in  a few clicks from the slowest setting.

BTW, I believe I wrote in that thread that those instructions came from a now defunct webstore/site.  So, there's little chance of the author adding to them.  If anyone would like to amend them, send me the text.

I watched a video this weekend that was also obscure about compression damping settings.

Ok, one more question.  In the article, it mentions that to adjust the compression, you have to look at the bottom of the fork.  I dont see anything on my forks where something can be adjusted.  I swapped out my s2r800 forks to those of the s2r1000.  Can you point me in the right direction or does the s2r1000 forks have no way of adjusting compression?
printman

Check out my a.....

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 06:30:43 AM »

pg 32 on the online manual shows it on the very bottom of the fork

I'll update this later at a convenient time Thank you for tuning in.....
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »

If you have the older adjustable showa's, its pretty obvious - its the dial protruding at teh south end of the forks pointing back towards the rest of the bike.

OwnyTony

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »

pg 32 on the online manual shows it on the very bottom of the fork

I kind of figured that.  I looked at my forks i took off and saw figured that.  The problem was that i dontthink my axle has a hole in it to slide a driver up into it.  It seems that i have to take off the wheel to adjust the compression but that does not make any sense at all.  I will see if rotating the axle around a little bit will show some sort of hole that goes through the axel to reach the adjustment screw.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:44:28 PM by OwnyTony » Logged
rockaduc

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »

If your bike originally came w/ comp. adj. forks your axle will have the holes in it.  Otherwise, you will have to drill the holes yourself or buy an axle with holes in it that fits your bike.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
rockaduc

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »

WOW!! Very helpfull.  I will be following those steps as soon as my clip-ons arrive and I get them installed!
Thanks for the post.   applause

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Crazy Canadian

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »

I have an S2R800 so I don't think I can adjust much of anything.  It was setup at the dealers but I'm only 155 pounds so I think it could be better.  It's too bad though and I probably wouldn't know the difference unless I tried it. Showa forks would look much nicer on my bike though, especially with a Rizoma clip-on kit. Smiley

2007 S2R 800, 14T Front Sprocket, Simple Tail Chop, SpeedyMoto Sliders, Arrow Steering Damper, Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar End Mirrors, Arrow Full Exhaust, Crazy Ass Driver.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: