Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 10:15:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HI Gear thread  (Read 12155 times)
rz3r0

« on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »

I thought I'd start a thread where we just talk about motorcycle gear we put on. Helmets, gloves, boots, jackets, etc. We can discuss about gear we want, use, review, and give or take advice here.  Dolph
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:37:16 PM by rz3r0 » Logged
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »

Okay... popcorn

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:23 PM »

OK, usually when we talk gear we mean helmets, jackets, boots, etc.  Is that what you mean or are you talking about bike mod gear?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
rz3r0

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out, I meant gear such as what you've listed. Not bike accessories  Tongue Will edit opening post.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:35:28 PM by rz3r0 » Logged
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:43:56 PM »

@stars board shorts and slippahs.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
rz3r0

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 01:36:28 AM »

@stars board shorts and slippahs.
  laughingdp
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »

I'm liking those new Sidi Vortices. The red, black & white ones they show on the back cover of the new Sport Rider.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »

I'm liking those new Sidi Vortices. The red, black & white ones they show on the back cover of the new Sport Rider.

Nice!..but too narrow for my wide feet... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »

And they take about a year and a half to get on. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

Too bad guys.  No problem with the Sidis I have now so why would the new ones be any different?

rz3r0

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 06:55:06 PM »

Revzilla is having a Hawaii free shipping promo code, if you guys are intersted! Type in the code "REVHAWAII" at check out, if your order is over $100.00 before taxes, the shipping is free!  waytogo
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:47:28 AM »

Too bad guys.  No problem with the Sidis I have now so why would the new ones be any different?

No real problem with the vortice.  It's just all that fishing line they use on them complicates getting them on and off.  I thought my old Pumas were bad, but yeesh!

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 08:28:59 AM »

No real problem with the vortice.  It's just all that fishing line they use on them complicates getting them on and off.  I thought my old Pumas were bad, but yeesh!

I know about the fishing line stuff but I could, and did, tighten them up where I liked them and then left them there. I use the zipper on the side to get them on & off with no problem. Aren't they all made like that? I really don't know.

rz3r0

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 09:03:57 PM »

Sidis are cool, but I love my Daineses.  Grin I actually had a pair of Sidis Cobra Airs before I got my Dainese Torque Pro-Out Airs. The Torque Pros fits me better and it also definitely feels more protective than the Sidi Cobras.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:36:46 AM by rz3r0 » Logged
sofadriver

An analog man in a digital world

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »

I really like my Falco boots.
Two seasons and they're holding up well. Pretty comfy, too.

http://www.advancedmotorcyclegear.com/falco/racing-boots/product/172-305-eso-t-t-black

Last spring I bought an all black leather Scorpion jacket from STG. Love it! Great quality and all the features at a non-Dainese price. 

Mike in Tacoma
'08 S2r 1000 - Red on Red
'96 900 SS/SP
'02 ST4s (gone but not forgotten)

IBA 38181
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: