Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:58:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery Tender  (Read 4555 times)
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« on: January 27, 2013, 01:20:44 PM »

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.  Mod, please move if needed.

So I am a bad owner.  My bike has been sitting in the garage and not ridden for a very long time.  For giggles I went in to see if the batter would kick over- it is lighting the gauges and all that fancy stuff but no juice to turn the engine over.

The fact that it does light up bright leads me to think that if I can try to put this battery on a tender within the next two days, I'll be okay.  I happen to have battery tender but I am not confident I won't burn down the garage I rent or damage the bike.  I hear that I can keep the battery IN the bike and just connect the round connectors to the to power and then I don't have to take the battery out of the bike or off its own power.  Is this true?  Can I do this without burning down the garage?  I rent this garage so I am going to have to unplug the automatic garage door thing and put in a power strip so I can connect the connector.  I think I am smart enough to figure this out with a little guidance from the people here, if you would be so kind as to direct me.

Just want to be sure I can ride as soon as it is warm, instead of being upset I didn't put the battery on the tender when I saw it was going to be bad.  I think I can still save it...  Help? Smiley

"Do something each day that scares you..."
skurvy

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »

You'll have no problems. I had my bike hooked up to a battery tender for about year and it didn't even pop a fuse, started right up.

Yes you can use the round connectors so the battery stays in the bike while hooked up. Just connect the round connectors to the +/- battery terminals, then the quick connector can be accessed through the frame. Then it plugs one way to the battery tender.

I think the only problem you might have depends on how old the battery is, it might not hold a charge even if it gets recharged by the battery tender. I got 4 years out of my last battery and it sat for 1 year plugged to the tender.

ffwd to 2:00 for the quick connector:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:41:38 PM by skurvy » Logged
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:48:33 AM »

Thank you! Cheesy

"Do something each day that scares you..."
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »

Soooo-dit work for ya? 

I'm using a jr tender; works great; typically you'd like to keep a battery fully charged; topped up; or its hard to get it fully charged again.

Dolph Cheers DD

.... all the world is yours.
oldndumb

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:18:54 AM »

I noticed that the video shows a BatteryTender installed on a Shorai battery. That is not the recommended charger for a LiFe battery because it will not allow a full charge.

http://shoraipower.com/faq
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: