Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 10:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ouray 2013  (Read 43712 times)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« on: March 03, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »

Talked to several folks at CAD today who were asking what the NMMR folks are
planing for our annual outing.
As an FYI, we are not welcome to stay at the accommodations we frequented the past two years
since we were deemed to noisy by other guests last year.
Chime in for suggestions and recommendations.
I will research and list all the options I come across in the meantime.
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »

As an FYI, we are not welcome to stay at the accommodations we frequented the past two years
since we were deemed to noisy by other guests last year.

Shame on you all!  laughingdp
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:21 AM »

Shocked Roll Eyes Grin Well,...

Karl- I would definitely vote for the townhouse with the big garage off the Ouray pool...it seems like a bit off Ouray strip, but we are there to ride...gas station's right by us and it was fun last time... waytogo Dolph

Now, I got to figure how to get me and the beast West...but, I will be riding Ouray 2013.  chug

Ride forever...
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:07:22 AM »

Nothing to add, but I'd like to be in on the discussion so...

popcorn

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »

From what the mojo has said she talked to the BW people about discounts for the hotel/condo. I'll try to talk to her again and confirm that. I loved being in that condo area. But either way I will go with you guys anywhere  Evil Dolph

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »

This place looks awesome http://elkhorncabins.com/vacation_rentals/mountain-lodge/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:11:34 PM by Zaster » Logged
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »

This is the place JJ is talking about which we stayed at in 2010:
http://elkhorncabins.com/vacation_rentals/elkhorn-townhomes-2/1943-elkhorn-townhome/
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »

The Mountain Lodge looks great, but I really liked being near the other participants of the event so that we could share experiences, stories, and adult beverages without getting on a bike afterward.  I think I'd rather stay at the actual event hotel than six miles outside of town.  I'd vote for anything within walking distance of the event hotel and other events in town....especially that little bakery on main street.  Ummmmmmm.

It'll be great to see Joel near the end of summer, too!  I'll start priming Ashley for the fact that I'll be in Colorado for DiTR in 2013.  It's the 9th, 10th, and 11th, n'est pas?  My 21st anniversary is the Wednesday before, so we should be able to celebrate during the weekend of the 3rd and still keep everyone happy.  I think I'll take off Friday and Monday to make a more relaxing weekend of the whole thing.  Don't know if I want to take the Panigale or the SuperSport...or maybe title the Aermacchi....decisions, decisions.  Ok....the Panigale it is.   Dolph

Put me down for a bedroom, Karl, regardless of your location decision.  If you guys choose the Mountain Lodge I'll refrain from consuming alcohol in Ouray.  If I can talk Ashley into coming I will.  I think she'd enjoy a relaxing weekend in a mountain resort if she gave it a try.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:53 AM »

waytogo Thanks, Scott! I hope to make it there before end of summer for few rides up Crest and around...I dont think I can maintain a sane functioning mind/heart without doing that! Tongue Evil Will be watching weather and airfares... Grin

I'm game with whatever shows up as lodging in Ouray...It is ~1750miles to Ouray from Morgantown and ~1750 back, so a bed for me would be perfect to realign the spine.  bow down chug

& My trailer fits two bikes, even 3 actually...so if there's any Yahoo's out East like me missing fun, Holler!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:38:22 AM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Buckethead

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:17:27 PM »

Pretty much what Scott said. I'd like a room, and I'd prefer it be in Ouray itself, but exactly where is pretty inconsequential. If we wind up outside of town, I'll stay sober at group festivities until I get back to the ranch. At which point I will be making up for lost time.

Oh, and as a precaution this year, I'm gonna go ahead and request a room for me and a guest.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 09:15:25 PM »

Pretty much what Scott said. I'd like a room, and I'd prefer it be in Ouray itself, but exactly where is pretty inconsequential. If we wind up outside of town, I'll stay sober at group festivities until I get back to the ranch. At which point I will be making up for lost time.

Oh, and as a precaution this year, I'm gonna go ahead and request a room for me and a guest.
Was that your guest last year?

Speaking of all that, you guys will have to re-adjust the timetable in the future... You are double booked with Bonneville! [shaking finger emoticon]

Buckethead

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

Was that your guest last year?

Nope. Been solo both years.

Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »

Nope. Been solo both years.
Ah... no worries.

I stand by my second statement....

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »

So far I have the following folks interested in doing something similar to last year: Scott C., James, JJ, Jim, Jonezy, Stew and Ro for one night,
anyone else?
I'll be looking for a place this week...let me know what you want roomwise.
Buckethead

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:59 PM »

1 room, please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: