Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 04:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 800 Hesitation, Bogging, and low idle. Long post.  (Read 9646 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 04:40:55 AM »

<wnip> couldn't connect my VDST (no surprise),<snip>

why?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
brad black

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 06:07:17 AM »

just do it properly.

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
thorn14

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »

It won't find the COM ports. I've tried a couple PC's and fiddled and can't get it to connect. So I'm gonna take it to my tech who got it to connect last time with a standalone tool.

No big deal as it's just a short 5 minute ride away.

M620 turned M800 but then back to M620 after the M800 died at 110k, and now to Multi 1000.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 03:49:41 AM »

It won't find the COM ports. I've tried a couple PC's and fiddled and can't get it to connect. So I'm gonna take it to my tech who got it to connect last time with a standalone tool.

No big deal as it's just a short 5 minute ride away.

check this out,

http://www.technoresearch.com/Manuals/CENTURION%20S%20TROUBLESHOOTING%20FLOWCHART.pdf

or

http://www.technoresearch.com/data/media/pages/USB2.0CableDriverWindowsVista-XP-2000.zip

or

if you need more help, pm me

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
brad black

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 04:58:15 AM »

for the vdst, make sure your battery voltage is high.  put a charger on it to make sure of it.

then select all the available com ports one by one, to see if it finds the one that works.  it might just be the wrong port by default.  my socio does this occaisionally too.

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
thorn14

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »

I could not get the damn thing to connect. I had the battery on a charger and voltage was good. I tried selecting com ports one by one, I tried assigning the com port through the hardware and devices window in windows, and doing it under 10 seconds. I don't know what's wrong but I was stuck.

So I took it in to a shop and they reset the throttle bodies, the TPS, and adjusted the A/F ratio, and the thing runs smoother than my 620 ever did now.

Thanks everyone!  Dolph

M620 turned M800 but then back to M620 after the M800 died at 110k, and now to Multi 1000.
Prince Ray

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:11 PM »

Hey Guys,

Im new to this forum, but had a quick question that I couldnt find after a search. Sorry if it has already been covered before, I thought I better hijack a similar thread rather than start a new one!

I have a stock 695 wtih 10k on the odo. I have noticed quite a bit that it hesitates at around 3k rpm. I can hear a 'tick' or a 'click' and for a split second the bike feels as if there is no power - almost feels like it has stalled. Then another click sound and it starts up again and goes off! I havent serviced the bike - I bought it with around 8k on the clock.

Another thing I have noticed which may be unrelated, sometimes when Im trying to cruise at 3k, the bike feels 'jumpy' it jerks a bit. I need to take the revs up to 4-5k before it rides smoothly!

Also, the bike has 'misgeared' or something a few times. I have selected the gear and the revs have just dropped completly - I have to gear down all the way and then gear back up to the appropriate gear. It has happened twice while I was riding - luckily I did not need to accelerate!

Im not sure if this is a chain issue or something else - I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation, other wise I will take it for a service and hope they can help me out!

Thanks either way!

Ray
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: