Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 05:25:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soooo...what do you all think  (Read 61303 times)
beetlejude

Star White Silk 821

« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »

Well, being a guy on this board for a little over two years now, I'm aware I'm a lurker. I have had a long journey to being a monster owner, and have soaked up much valuable knowledge. Like what others have said relative to their similar situation, I don't tend to post too much because I still consider myself a noob on much that has to do with riding a motorcycle. I don't think I even have 25 posts yet, but I think the 50 post idea is a good one. If I ever had something to sell here, I wouldn't want to be viewed as a traveling salesman. Just my 2 cents.

I so enjoy the banter, though...  chug
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »

25 posts to sell.

cheaters will out themselves pretty fast i think....

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »

News item added to the header.

Nobody is going to see that.  Should have used flashing colours and Mel's pom poms to grab people's attention. 

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »

Nobody is going to see that.  Should have used flashing colours and Mel's pom poms to grab people's attention. 

Grin
Boobies would have worked...

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2013, 07:44:09 AM »

Voted (xx number of posts) before posting in classified (added first post to be introduction to the forum)  25 and 50 seem like a lot though (maybe 5 or 10)

But regardless, I think this forum is great! without this criteria so far, but I always welcome improvement like this.   Dolph

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
Autostrada Pilot

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2013, 08:01:21 AM »

I voted to leave it open for now.  If it turns out that we have a LARGE number of traveling salesmen, and it's taking time for the flounders to screen, then I want to change my vote to 25.

If there wasn't some sort of a problem, DP wouldn't have asked the question.  How much a hassle/inconvenience have traveling salesmen caused for the flounders?

...yes, I read all 8 pages-I'm a lurker.

2003 Monster 620 Dark - Sold

1999 Monster 900 City - Sold

After 7 years of Monsters, I'm sadly bikeless right now.
sgollapalle

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »

May be a better way is to hide the For sale section to members that have less than 25/50 posts, so they don't know that they will need to post +1s before it appears, and it will be a pleasant surprise when it does show up to new members Wink

But that might draw them to the main board..

There is no easy way  bang head

'11 M-696
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2013, 02:44:03 PM »

Actually, that's a pretty good idea.  What do you think Nate?  The entire Flea Market can be hidden until/unless someone has enough posts to become a Jr of Full member.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »

I voted 50 +
I know what a pain it's to weed out spammers. I delete about 3 accounts a day.

2007 red S4Rs
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »

May be a better way is to hide the For sale section to members that have less than 25/50 posts, so they don't know that they will need to post +1s before it appears, and it will be a pleasant surprise when it does show up to new members Wink

But that might draw them to the main board..

There is no easy way  bang head

Actually, that's a pretty good idea.  What do you think Nate?  The entire Flea Market can be hidden until/unless someone has enough posts to become a Jr of Full member.
I'm attracted to that idea too.... not sure if there's an easy technical way to implement it though?

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »

That would reduce the audience that can purchase and IMO would be bad for the members that are part of the community and happen to be selling. It's easy enough to do it that way.

The other way only prevents a new member from starting a thread in a for sale board.
To answer an earlier question...it just frosts me when I'm looking through the classifieds and I see a member with say 22 posts and every one of them is in the classifieds.

That isn't what this place is about. It's a community, not an economic opportunity.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

hbliam
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2013, 04:11:02 PM »

That would reduce the audience that can purchase and IMO would be bad for the members that are part of the community and happen to be selling. It's easy enough to do it that way.

The other way only prevents a new member from starting a thread in a for sale board.
To answer an earlier question...it just frosts me when I'm looking through the classifieds and I see a member with say 22 posts and every one of them is in the classifieds.

That isn't what this place is about. It's a community, not an economic opportunity.

He has 21 posts.  Smiley
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »

He has 21 posts.  Smiley
You noticed too.  Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »

He has 21 posts.  Smiley
Yup.  It's these guys who get my ...goat.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »

Yup.  It's these guys who get my ...goat.

Probably should put your goats in a more secure area so the youngins don't hijack them.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: