Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 26, 2024, 03:21:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal Would Restrict Motorcycle Passengers - Missouri  (Read 13147 times)
Ducatamount

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 05:27:02 AM »

Where do you draw the line as far as who your step-daughter can ride with or in what?
Friend in a car? Boyfriend in a boat? Father in a plane? Brother on a roller coaster?
You cannot depend on laws to keep her safe, it's all about teaching her well and then she'll develop good common sense.

I'm not even for making seat belts mandatory.

half fast
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 06:03:03 AM »

well, she currently wouldn't get on a bike at all, not with her mother or with me, so I am not really worried about it.... the point I am making goes towards the the line of protection I would hope for...just to help give some responsibility in regards to liability issues to the person that gives rides....to indemnify them as a matter of point.

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »

Doesn't the MSF offer a course that covers or can be done 2up?  I'd take that with my wife, despite our 2up time.  We've done Deals Gap several times and have done several group rides at a rather spirited pace but I'm sure there is more to learn.

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
Raux
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 07:37:01 AM »

we had a guy do the msf advanced course with his wife.

we thought he was going to bin it in the panic stop in a corner, but he did great.

she was a rider too, so she was a great passenger.

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:26:26 AM »

we had a guy do the msf advanced course with his wife.

Ooh... I should convince wifey to do this with me.  That'd be an excellent learning experience.

We don't have a lot of miles 2-up, but the Cagiva works ergonomically (which helps keep the attention on the road, where it belongs), and I give myself huge margins for error.  I'd really like to have some formal training, though.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
memper

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »

I told my wife if she wants to ride she can get her own damn wheels. These are mine. Besides, being a passenger sucks compared to being an operator. And you don't have to wear a chrome German replica helmet.

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

-----------------------------------------
Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 08:43:45 AM »

......Besides, being a passenger sucks compared to being an operator....

years ago....I would have said the same thing....then I did a 2 up ride on the back of a GSXR1K with Scott Harwell at the helm around VIR's North Course.....he asked me beforehand if I wanted an instructional pace or a thrill seeker pace...I got both...and both were quite eye opening and far from sucking.

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
memper

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »

Not your typical two up scenario...but that's really cool you got to experience that.
I'd say that was more of an on board education.

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

-----------------------------------------
Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »

I saw a gal on th back during a track day at Sears point.  She was ummm looking pretty good on the back all up in a tuck.  I just saw a product that adds a second set of handlebars to the gas tank ring so that the passenger can hold on proper.  Sadly it will probably kill the rider in a crash.........

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Raux
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »

I saw a gal on th back during a track day at Sears point.  She was ummm looking pretty good on the back all up in a tuck.  I just saw a product that adds a second set of handlebars to the gas tank ring so that the passenger can hold on proper.  Sadly it will probably kill the rider in a crash.........

there are some pretty good ones that add a smaller ring type handles (no pointy ends)
jerryz

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 12:24:25 AM »

I believe that other people especially venal morally  corrupt politicians and airheaded  lefty thinking  facist do gooders   should mind their own business .Let common sense and darwinism prevail.
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »

"Lefty thinking facist (sic)" = oxymoron. But I agree with the rest.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
muskrat

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but that being said, with a law in place like this, a passenger that gets hurt by a negligent rider/moto operator would then be more liable for the responsibility they didn't exercise should something happen....

if ( for a seriously nasty scenario example-not that it is likely to really happen) my stepdaughter gets on the back of some guys moto behind my back and he can't handle the bike with a passenger and wrecks it and she sustains serious bodily injury...I wouldn't want to hear " oh dude, sorry 'bout your daughter man "....especially if he is underinsured and then his insurance says that they aren't liable because of  a loophole ( like say no "M" endorsement ) and I am then on the hook with no recourse and all of the collateral damage to deal with.....to me, that crap doesn't fly very far.
There's always fault in everything we do, IMO we are too litigious today.  Responsibility is a personal choice and in the absence of negligence (stunting or the like) we should accept our own choices. 

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
justinrhenry
Super

weeeeee!!!

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 07:47:25 AM »

In my opinion we already have too much legislation and regulation.  The less government accomplishes the better.

_____
2013 Honda CB1100D
2006 Honda ST1300
2003 Ducati Monster 620ie
lemond

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:31 AM »

US needs to revamp its vehicle licensing system to tier levels similar to Europe.

2000 GSX-R 600 Track Bike
1995 Ducati Monster M900
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: