Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327158 times)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:56 AM »

FWIW, I just learned the the older ECUs (5am Magneti Marelli) can now be reprogrammed by some tune shops by purchasing a software key.  Specifically a shop near me has offered to do a full custom dyno-tune using the stock ECU.

Software key is being priced at $250.  Dyno-tune is being priced at $600+

This seems similar to the ECU reflashing available, but with the added functionality of a customized map.

Here's the website.  I'm having it done this weekend and will report back in early May when I get my bike back:

http://www.europeancycleservices.com/service/dyno-and-tuning/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:22:20 AM by CDawg » Logged
MonsterCafe

« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »

OK 09 Monster 1100 DP ecu(slip-ons), TPO Beast R stacks, Newly fitted QD Exbox exhaust. 1st ride last night felt down on power but rideable. Headed to the dealer to have the ecu reflashed to delete exhaust flapper and possibly remove o2 sensors out of the loop as well. Any thoughts about pros and cons on having it w or w/o O2s on Ducatis???

J
Stormtrooper

2011 Monster 796 ABS

« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2013, 07:50:11 AM »

OK 09 Monster 1100 DP ecu(slip-ons), TPO Beast R stacks, Newly fitted QD Exbox exhaust. 1st ride last night felt down on power but rideable. Headed to the dealer to have the ecu reflashed to delete exhaust flapper and possibly remove o2 sensors out of the loop as well. Any thoughts about pros and cons on having it w or w/o O2s on Ducatis???

J

IMO there are no benefits to retaining the lambda sensors besides *maybe* emissions.  You need them out of the ECUs brain in order to gain full control of the closed loop portion of the map and get proper low RPM fueling.  Without removing them the ECU will override any fueling changes in this lower RPM closed loop mode.
MonsterCafe

« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »

Gotcha, so remove them and do what? Tune ecu or go with PC?
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »

Gotcha, so remove them and do what? Tune ecu or go with PC?

With your mods and eliminating the O2 sensors, tune the ECU, you can revert to OEM if  Huh?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Flaboi796

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

So I swapped over to evo exhaust on my 796 and did the MWR airbox mod this weekend (reflash already done). Its running a little rough under 3500 rpm now so need to figure out solution to that.

Considered pcv to tune the lower range, but Dynojet says they dont know if it will work for 2013 model... only tested up to 2011. Anyone know if it works on '13? Seems like it would with no real changes to the bike between the years.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »

So I swapped over to evo exhaust on my 796 and did the MWR airbox mod this weekend (reflash already done). Its running a little rough under 3500 rpm now so need to figure out solution to that.

Considered pcv to tune the lower range, but Dynojet says they dont know if it will work for 2013 model... only tested up to 2011. Anyone know if it works on '13? Seems like it would with no real changes to the bike between the years.

who did the re-flash?

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Flaboi796

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »

who did the re-flash?

Matt @ Motowheels
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »

Matt @ Motowheels

w/Rexxer?

Carlos
Flaboi796

« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »

w/Rexxer?

Yes with Rexxer
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »

weird, Rexxer maps are very close, have you contacted him and explained

Carlos
Flaboi796

« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2013, 06:38:34 PM »

Yeah, said I might need to adjust throttle bodies...

Can have tech at dealership do that but not sure if that will fix it. Thought about PCV just to fine tune everything. Local dyno shop puts system and dyno/labor at nearly $1000! That's a bit expensive right now so hope the TB sync fixes it.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »

TB is done automatically by the ECU every time you shut the bike off with the key . . . I could be wrong, but, Continental ECUs work like that . . .

Carlos
Stormtrooper

2011 Monster 796 ABS

« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2013, 09:23:50 AM »

TB is done automatically by the ECU every time you shut the bike off with the key . . . I could be wrong, but, Continental ECUs work like that . . .

I've heard this but nobody can provide proof to back this claim up.  Some say only the dealer can reset the TPS with their proprietary software, some say you can on/off the ignition 3 times to reset it, some say it automatically resets at every ignition cycle...which is true and which is interwebs BS?  who knows.  I have yet to see ACTUAL written proof of any of these methods...
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »

I've heard this but nobody can provide proof to back this claim up.  Some say only the dealer can reset the TPS with their proprietary software, some say you can on/off the ignition 3 times to reset it, some say it automatically resets at every ignition cycle...which is true and which is interwebs BS?  who knows.  I have yet to see ACTUAL written proof of any of these methods...

a few tech from different dealerships have verbally confirmed this . . . even the 'aftermarket' DDS software[manufactured by the same company that manufactured the DDS] wont do it and is an exact copy of the OEM software . . .

Carlos
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: