Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 08:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327127 times)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2008, 05:44:26 AM »

From Al at Moto4US.com
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=7590.0

To make a long and sad story short...Dimsport after tons of miss fires lost all the dealers in US, including importers.

I know, from outside this is weird, but without supporting the product and dealers, without a business plan (including marketing), wrong attitude, lying, no refunds for defective items, no warranty...yes, those are facts and I have to make it public.
Just few examples: after a long fight they agreed (not public, but anyway) that the old RB3 kit doesn't work on '07 up Ducatis and with a long delay they show up with a new RBO2 (O2 simulator)...that didn't work like they promised and "tested", anyway after many upgrades (read another war) it's working...but now modules (RB3) start loosing memory, completely...but who cares, Dimsport (Mr Stefano Cruzzolin) doesn't answer emails this year. The worst case is a local customer who died and this is under investigation by KPD and I suppose this will turn against Dimsport and rbusa big time.
Let's see what else...yes, they promised free replacements (RBO2 for old O2 simulators) to all customers, but after I did that on my expenses they forgot to send the free ones (or money)...same thing with defective RB3s. From now remember, if Dimsport & RB USA promised something free, that will cost you!
RB USA aka Foster Group in NJ..."the importer/distributor" like a comet, you can see this business...but now is gone (not even on BBB records)....anyway they don't answer the phone for 3 weeks now...I hope you don't need a refund from them.

Other then that BBB is working on this in US for Foster and with Italian gov. for Disport and if you want to help (being part and user of a defective RB) just fill out a claim...and also ad your name here for a further lawsuit.
BTW I'm not saying that all the RB's are defective!

I hate this, but you have the right to know...I feel guilty because I kind of started RB in US and now I have to go all the way...out 

From Desmoworks
EDIT!

I just got off the phone with Robert. I wish I could repeat what was told to me, but to say the least, RapidBike USA is not out of business.

This thread should be removed and moto4us.com should be ashamed of what they are doing. 

they've shipped 150+ RapidBike units today (for all motorcycles) and have hundreds in stock ready to go. All of my dealing have been outstanding with RapidBike and Robert more specifically.

Their technical support and expertise is second to none - if you purchase through traditional venues. I'll let RapidBike and their lawyers get into that as this is not my fight... though I do have an interest in it as I have just started using the RapidBike and will continue to use it and sell it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:58:31 AM by CDawg » Logged
inka

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2008, 02:03:32 PM »

Wow,  that is some disappointing news, as I am the owner of a RB3 and RB02 and was hoping to get some more distributer support as I'm still not completely happy with how the bike runs.  I purchased my RB about two months ago from Al, and he was extremely generous with his time and knowledge.   It seemed like he was doing almost all of the work to make the product a go here in the states, but that the distributer and the manufacturer weren't supporting the product as they should have.  I knew I took a risk on the RB vice the DP ECU, and well, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  I don't feel like I've "lost" yet, as the bike is running ok and the module hasn't given up the ghost. Hopefully I'll be able to do some fine tuning and get it dialed in.  Al, as always, thanks for your support, your honesty, and your dedication.   The bike world needs more people like you,

-Kirk

2006 S2R1000, Full 50mm Arrow Titanium Exhaust, Rizoma mirrors, 14T sprocket, K&N filter, Rapidbike3, DP gel seat
JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »

Kirk,, I am in the same boat as U. I am actually "The Canadian Monument of Patience" that Al was talking about in his last post on other thread.  It sucks that Al has given up with RB.

I believe he has done as much as he could to help us costumers. The Old Unit's did not work with the 07 bikes. How much help or backing did he receive from Dimsport with those old units ? Not much likely, or he would still be selling them. My  RB3 with new software(which Al is sending) should be back to me shortly.
I expect to do some fine tuning as well.
Maybe I missed something in one of these threads, BUT,, has anybody done any Dyno testing with the RB3. Has anybody been able to match the HP #s that the DP ECU has been making with the S4RS ?

2007 S4RS
2007 1098S Salvage Title (that's it. NO MORE BIKES)
02 GSXR 750 Trackbike - Ins Write/off
06 ZX636R Trackbike  - Ins Write-off (I couldnt help it, the price was right)
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
&,,, a few others :-)
skxf430

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »

Never heard back from Fred @ Silverback Performance

My buddy heard back from Fred and said the ECU is working great.  He did mention that Fred was on vacation for sometime.  You may want to shoot him another email.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 09:45:11 PM »

Race track version of the PC3 is available for the Hypermotard. Has anyone tried using it on an S2R1000?

Race version only allows mapping of the upper RPMs and leaves the lower RPM range untouched. How much lower in the RPM range does it lock out? i dont know. Any one know more about this?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »

Race version either starts around 4K rpm or 25% throttle.  I've hard both depending on which model and year for PCIII.  I'm not sure Dynojet has truly crack the code yet.
arai_speed
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 02:55:22 PM »

OK - so I just read this entire thread.  Correct me if I'm wrong as this topic is greek to me.

For the S4RS models, the easiest setup is a DP ECU w/Termis?  Everything else (PC3, Arrows) will suffer from nagging problems? Or further mods?

Again, my apologies for my ignorance, the next big step on my bike is to install a full-system (preferably Arrows) but now I'm not 100% I want to embark on that path  Undecided
JDS 07 S4Rs

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »

Welcome to the "Dont Want to Put on Termi's Club"
Oh shit,, I think both the Arrow Exhaust Cans come up on the Clutch side like the Termi's  bang head Smiley

If I had to do it again(not yet knowing how my RB3 is going to work) I would buy the Termi's with DP ECU. Sell the Termi's & buy what exhaust I really wanted.

So far,, no one with the RB3 & a S4RS has posted better performance gains then the DP ECU. Other pipes do work with the DP ECU.

Edited. To my knowledge. Termi's & DP ECU = $2000 - $2400 installed. That was a Yr ago. Prices are probably up (not sure if tuning bike is included in this cost) DP ECU = $1100 if bought separately. That was also last Yr. IF(note the BIG "IF") A person could sell the Termi's for,, lets say 1200 - 1400. U might save,,,,,,,,,,,,ahhh frick,Just go buy the DP ECU & get it over with,lol Grin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:02:46 PM by JDS 07 S4Rs » Logged

2007 S4RS
2007 1098S Salvage Title (that's it. NO MORE BIKES)
02 GSXR 750 Trackbike - Ins Write/off
06 ZX636R Trackbike  - Ins Write-off (I couldnt help it, the price was right)
2003 BMW 1150R
2004 450 YZ
&,,, a few others :-)
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 07:10:40 PM »

Race track version of the PC3 is available for the Hypermotard. Has anyone tried using it on an S2R1000?

Race version only allows mapping of the upper RPMs and leaves the lower RPM range untouched. How much lower in the RPM range does it lock out? i dont know. Any one know more about this?

I'm not sure the Hm has an O2 sensor does it? If so, has DJ figured out a way around it? and if so, why the hell haven't they figured it out for the S2R1K??

Also if your going to get a PCIII for an S2R1K wouldn't it make more sense to get one for an M1000? They both have the same DS engine.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:28:13 PM by Monstermash » Logged

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 08:39:30 PM »

I'm not sure the Hm has an O2 sensor does it? If so, has DJ figured out a way around it? and if so, why the hell haven't they figured it out for the S2R1K??

Also if your going to get a PCIII for an S2R1K wouldn't it make more sense to get one for an M1000? They both have the same DS engine.

I question the value of buying a PCIII that locks out the adjustment at low RPMs and/or partial throttle.  I'm convinced that its the remapping in those areas that provides the most noticable improvement in day-to-day rideability (how much time do you spend at WOT on the street?).  Once you get the DP ECU, you can add one of the older PCIIIs that allows adjustment of the entire map.  You might even be satisfied with just the DP ECU.

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 09:21:27 PM »

the m1000 PC3 doenst have a way around the ECU. the HM1100 PC3 does. Most people who have gotten the PC3 to work with the S2R1k used the m1000ie one.

If only Ultimap came out with a stepper motor compatible ECU already. 600 bucks for RB3 like controls that completely replace your ECU.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
bfoster

2006 Monster S4R

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2008, 03:53:40 AM »

My apologies if this was covered in the last 4 pages... honestly somewhere around the middle of page 3 I think I lost consciousness.  coffee

I would just like to know if I have ordered all I need to order.
The bike: 2006 S4R
The parts: Arrow CF Full exhaust, PCIII (old version) and a flat K&N filter.

I realize that it will need to be tuned… planning on 2 -3 hours of Dyno tuning at the dealer however, do I need any additional parts? Does my bike have an 02 sensor?
brad black

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2008, 05:20:05 AM »

If only Ultimap came out with a stepper motor compatible ECU already. 600 bucks for RB3 like controls that completely replace your ECU.

the latest version of the U59 is capable of running the idle valve.

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2008, 05:46:38 AM »

the latest version of the U59 is capable of running the idle valve.

Brad, Thanks for the heads-up.  That's very exciting!  Can't wait to see people's feedback and find someone near NYC who knows how to tune it!

From FIM's website:
Major Website update coming soon !!
It's been a long time, and things are always changing, so for now this page has shrunk to nothing. We will be adding information about the current U59 third generation ECU and all the new models its covers (including Hypermotard)...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:56:52 AM by CDawg » Logged
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27:07 AM »

Minor update from Dynojet on Power Commanders:

PowerCommander III - Dynojet now lists a PCIII for a 2008 S4R (which is odd...as there are no S4R in 2008) module which does not tune below 5250 RPM and below 19% throttle unless you also have the DP ECU.  Their 1098 PCIII has the same disclosure. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: