Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 12:40:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327169 times)
army_intel

« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »

Anyone try Monstermash's ECU reflash yet?  I havent seen any feedback and I am looking to do this for my 08 S2R1k.
MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2009, 09:53:45 PM »

Has anybody seen this? Does it work? Is it safe? I'm just looking for something to run an after market pipe with and not run too lean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120365487936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

2009 M696, 14T front sprocket, M1100 bars and riser, DP bar ends, CRG levers, R&G tail tidy, Exan carbon fiber exhaust cans, DP low profile seat, 12v port for charger and TomTom, Motovation frame sliders, axle sliders and fork sliders. LH Euro air shroud with charcoal canister removed. GIPro gear indicator. Rizoma rearsets.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »

Has anybody seen this? Does it work? Is it safe? I'm just looking for something to run an after market pipe with and not run too lean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120365487936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Should work, but I have not see any feedback on that product.  FatDuc produce operates on similar principal by tricking the O2 exhaust sensor.  That product have been tested by a couple of DMF'er to their satisfaction.

The :+15~35 hp" is likely puffery unless your bike is badly, badly tuned from the factory. 
MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2009, 08:35:43 PM »

Thanks Cdawg! Does anyone have any insight as to what is the better way of manipulating the ECU? Modify the O2 sensor output, or modify the intake temp output?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 11:16:37 PM by MadDaddy » Logged

2009 M696, 14T front sprocket, M1100 bars and riser, DP bar ends, CRG levers, R&G tail tidy, Exan carbon fiber exhaust cans, DP low profile seat, 12v port for charger and TomTom, Motovation frame sliders, axle sliders and fork sliders. LH Euro air shroud with charcoal canister removed. GIPro gear indicator. Rizoma rearsets.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2009, 05:10:20 AM »

Fat Duc waytogo 
Keld

« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »

Started a new thread about my Nemesis:
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=18082.0

So no more Closed Loop for me  Grin [moto]
MadDaddy

'09 M696, '98 RS250

« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2009, 06:23:17 PM »

Fat Duc waytogo 

Doh! Just got an email from Fat Duc saying they have been having problems with the 696's so it's a no go. Got an email from the guy in Hungary about the Magnum Performance chip and the broken english left me with as many questions as I had before.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:01:45 AM by MadDaddy » Logged

Raux
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2009, 05:00:02 AM »

ok, didn't realize this was the thread for ECU/fueling mods.

for the 696. i checked around. found the following systems
two brothers juice box. fits into the fuel injector system doesnt mod the ecu or trick o2 sensors
dobreck powercard. makers of their own system and the two brothers. (designed by the guy who made the first powercommander)
GPR extreme. another fuel injector system mod.
Dynojet PC V does all sorts of things to the system and way versatile but very complicated
i also check on that ebay o2 trick thing. seems like it makes the computer read cold engine readings so it pumps more fuel, and to avoid the o2 from fixing the mix, it intercepts the o2 signal.

from my money i went with the two brothers. altough a rebadged dobreck it does add some interface simplicity.

that's all i found for the 696 below $500

Raux
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2009, 05:09:58 AM »

so i'm sitting here reading this and wondering.
if the juice box adds fuel but doesnt modify the o2 signal, why wouldn't the ecu just readjust the fuel mixture to compensate for the rich conditions that the juice box creates? damn gotta call two brothers now.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »

Raux,
It should and does...that's why folks are using the FatDuc on the low closed loop portion of the map.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »

Need some big brain help on the new DynoJet product: PowerCommander V

Question: Is the analog input portion essuntially a built-in FatDuc?

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_v_information.aspx
NEW Power Commander V Basic Features List
Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
Gear/Speed input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2009, 02:54:46 PM »

Need some big brain help on the new DynoJet product: PowerCommander V

Question: Is the analog input portion essuntially a built-in FatDuc?

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_v_information.aspx
NEW Power Commander V Basic Features List
Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
Gear/Speed input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

to my understanding, the O2 sensor is just one type of the 0-5v sensors on your bike. The pressure/temp sensor near your guages is another one. this would be able to work with both them i guess?

the autotune feature is pretty cool. I remember trying to tune my friends buell, you could plug  bike into your laptop, throw it on your back and go for a ride. the program would collect all types of data such as A/F at various rpms and speeds, and take into account your riding style, and you could build a map based on the A/F. thought it was still tps/rpm related.

this looks like it just plugs into your o2 bung and builds a map based on the target afr for a given load automatically. neato! this would simplify street tuning. but i bet the thing cost $200 or something.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Raux
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2009, 11:45:02 AM »

ok long and short. apparently the Two Brothers Juice box does intercept the O2 signal as well as pump extra fuel. but i haven't confirmed that with Two Brothers yet.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2009, 06:49:46 AM »

UPDATED:
FatDuc O2 Manipulator - Aftermarket plug-n-play that sits between the O2 sensor and the ECU.  It has a dial that allows the user to modify the reading that the O2 sensor is sending back to the ECU.  This causes the ECU to think it is running lean thereby adding more fuel. The effect should only be felt during the closed loop part of the ECU map.  Most people seems to be happy with the results; haven't heard any negative stories yet.  http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=16051.0
The cost is only $80.
http://www.fatduc.com/

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »

UPDATED - added new product:
ProTune ECU Remap Kit - Allows reprograming of the Magneti Marelli 5AM and previous 59M units, which are used on all post 1987 Ducati models with 9 stages of tuning available (including reverting to OEM map).  Product introduced March'09...need user input!
http://www.motowheels.com
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: