Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:18:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QBE Insurance issues  (Read 1952 times)
madalf71

relaxing at home

« on: November 21, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »

Has any body been having any issues with QBE or is it just me?

They seem to have really dropped the ball.....
Recieved a refund earlier in the year for over charging,
Then two different house insurance renewals,
And to top it off my storm damage claim.....big gumtree meets fence, has taken nearly two months, the online process is soooo slow, sometimes a two week turn around on emails....that looks like they were written by the work experience student!
techno

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »

I deal with QBE a bit but only their workers comp division. Haven't noticed any major disorganisation there. They are making a big enough profit to be getting good staff. Not sure whats up with your experiences Alf.

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
madalf71

relaxing at home

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »

Gets better, once finished with claims today I asked to be put through to billing......"yes sir, we'll just put you on hold while we find out if we can do that" WTF?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
Nibor

insanity far outweighs horsepower

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »

Just mention the "O" word  waytogo
Sundog

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »

I use QBE for bike and car insurance and they've been great, responsive, understanding and price competitive. Saying this though, within QBE the separate insurance areas, like MC, Car, Brick & Mortar etc are usually different divisions under the broader QBE umbrella. For instance the MC division is not the same as the Car division. They have different computer systems, management staff and handlers.

It sounds like the Bricks & Mortar division need to pick up their game based on your experience.

M1100 2010 in Ducati Titanium Grey
Custom Wizard Sleeve pipes & PC5 with O2 opt
14T Front
DP Anodized Pressure Plate DP Tail Chop
DP LED Indicators               Rizoma Rearset & Mirrors
Oggie Sliders                     Rizoma Bars & Levers
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:18:59 AM »

They are making a big enough profit to be getting good staff.
laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp bang head What planet are you on?  Big companies make the big profit by employing monkeys and paying peanuts. 

I work for a multinational... I have contact with our clients every day... and the complaints I hear most frequently are that our call centre staff and accounts dept are hopelessly incompetent. 

And I know their complaints to be valid as I have to deal with the same make the beast with two backswits too. 

But next week it will be a different group of make the beast with two backswits coz this lot already upped and left when they got a better offer elsewhere.  And so the cycle of incompetence perpetuates.  But its cheap and so its profitable today. 

End rant  Grin

And QBE?  My QBE Duc insurance is due to be paid.... I like the price so I'll risk it (just like every other whinging customer of every other cost cutting corporation).

...oops I think I just ranted some more  Grin

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
dan_t

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 03:57:35 PM »

I insure with QBE & have done for a few years now.
The only time you will actually get to know whether they're any good, or a bunch of nit wits, is when you need to claim.

Fortunately for me, when I did need to claim around 4 years ago, they paid out almost immediately. I didn't have a 'fixed price' insurance agreement at the time (have ever since though) and had the assessor price the payout at $17,000 on my MV Brutale.
After some very easy two way discussions (I couldn't believe he was so open to even talking to me) he agreed to reassess the payout at $21,000!!!
I couldn't believe how easy they were to deal with at the time.
Probably the reason I've stayed with them ever since.

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
madalf71

relaxing at home

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 05:53:13 PM »

Yes the general feeling is that the Home/Contents insurance is very different to MC division.

The big "O", ha, off to Shannon's, they also have a $10k garage equipment/spares/parts covered as a minimum included. And $150 cheaper.
techno

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:09 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp bang head What planet are you on?  Big companies make the big profit by employing monkeys and paying peanuts. 

I work for a multinational... I have contact with our clients every day... and the complaints I hear most frequently are that our call centre staff and accounts dept are hopelessly incompetent. 

And I know their complaints to be valid as I have to deal with the same make the beast with two backswits too. 

You missed my point. I'm saying they have the money, not that they spend it on good staff.

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »

You missed my point. I'm saying they have the money, not that they spend it on good staff.
You're right.  I did miss your point  bang head

Now that I read your words again, I cant see how I couldnt see  Undecided  bang head.

Often wrong.  Never in doubt   Wink.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
techno

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 06:33:47 PM »

No worries  waytogo

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: