Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:11:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to 2014  (Read 7423 times)
reddog

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 06:50:22 PM »

Twodogs; rearsets for Mrs Dogs new 696 .
what kind of rearsets are you considering? I have been agonising over rizoma versus ducabike.Just wondering about the relacement parts and do i import (cheaper) or buy via  Australian importer in case of problems?
By the end of this year i want to see new bars(because of the RUST!) CRG Bar end mirrors, Arrow or  Lanesplitters, CRG levers and some  rearsets of some kind. Maybe a cool sprocket cover but not high on the list.    Smiley
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 02:28:38 PM »

Hi reddog
The Rizomas are probably the best from what Ung recommended lots of adjustability and bling factor but grossly expensive.
Woodcraft were on my list but after some research I found out that have no brake switch and have some issues with spacers on the brake side , these and Sato's seem aimed at track use and are both at a hefty price .
I plan on getting these :
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2441
much cheaper ,good quality , they are not adjustable but place the feet further back and up .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:40:41 PM by Two dogs » Logged
reddog

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 04:41:39 AM »

Ha , yet another change of heart (or mind). Reckon im going to go for metaltech , just love that chunky look. It doesnt seem to be easy to get rearsets for a reasonable price in Aus. Everytime i find something and their website says "In Stock" , after ringing and checking it appears that all stockists or distributors are just middle men who have to actually import these parts and then pass it on to you. May as well just order from overseas to start with. Huh?
Two dogs

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »

Had the same issue , no one actually holds them in stock. boo

Ended up on a different path , after reading some stuff on the main board I have installed
thanks to Brian for donating  waytogo a set of OEM rearsets from his S4R .
Pretty much a straight bolt up if you have the complete unit.
They look so much better now without the horrid chicken wings which also push your heals out
and when I put some nice black grippy pegs on and finish the CF heal gaurds which I am making
it will look fantastic.......lucky Mrs Dogs.
The left hand side easy peasy the brake side not soo.
As Brian had given away the brake lever to another member , I quickly discovered that there is a few issues.

The master cylinder adjustment rod is too short from the 696 as the cylinder is bolted inboard too the inside of the rearset hidden from view.
So I am waiting on a used one from Metro spares $20 also the micro switch on the 696 threads into the rearset,
 on the S4R it pokes through a hole with something called a "special nut " holding it in place.
In Ducati's infinite wisdom  Roll Eyes bang head  it is half the thickness of any nut available in the Friken WORLD  bang head laughingdp so its wait three weeks for a delivery from Italy or buy one from Eurobrit spares in Melbourne AT A BARGAIN PRICE OF $33  laughingdp

Still so far its cost make the beast with two backs all so I cant complain and I haven't paid Brian $50  laughingdp for the brake lever which he paid for and had his brother -inlaw pick up from D-Moto so that will be fun stretching that out for 12 months  Grin Evil

I did how ever offer him payment in 5c pieces which I calculated at a weight of 2.830 kilo's  cheeky

So far he hasn't taken up that offer  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp applause popcorn
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:48:39 PM by Two dogs » Logged
reddog

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:15 AM »

Not bloody winning now i hear the company that makes metaltech is belly up  bang head

might see if some one has them in stock.......surely? Huh?

Twodogs, pity im 1200kms away it would be cool to meet up with Mrs Twodogs for monster rides.My other half is considering getting a M1100, he has been converted(gixxers) since there has been a black duc in the driveway applause
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »

Tell him to save the Gixxer for track days, but get the big twin for the street, much more fun at any speed. Wink
In the Peoples Republic of Victoria, the Gixxer would land me in jail if I rode it on the street, so its set up purely for the track.

2015 Scrambler 800
Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »

Agree with Koko, since getting off super sports and onto my M1100 my license is a little safer and I am enjoying riding more.

I am also on the hunt for rearsets and also am looking at either a set of s*r OEM's or even getting a set of 1100 evo OEM's as they are already black and from US are actually not badly priced. Need to research if they are a direct fit on the 1100/796/696. But my issue is I need pillion pegs as I take my eldest daughter with me. So am thinking of a Rizoma pillion setup with either of the above. I don't want to mess with peg position to much as I like where it is now (yes they are low and regularly drag my boot slider) but I cannot stand the 'CHICKEN WINGS'! The shape is horrid but on mine with a black frame, black swingarm and black skins the rough cast natural alloy just looks out of place and wrong!

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
Two dogs

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »

Ended up finding a nut that fit the thread , took to it on the grinder until it was thin enough to fit the micro switch.
The adjuster rod I ordered from the wrecker arrive but was the same length  Roll Eyes in the bin it went .
Making do with the set up brake pedal is a bit low but she is getting use to it so no drama.
Made some CF boot gaurds now too order some grippy pegs.
Much nicer to ride on without the chicken wings pushing your heals out and IMO looks better.

heatherp

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »

Do the motorcycle tour of Patagonia that I put off last year.

I fly out to Buenos Aires via Sydney tonight.  waytogo Dolph (will be at Sydney airport for 6 hours tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join me for   coffeeRoll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:55:15 PM by heatherp » Logged
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 10:24:03 PM »

Do the motorcycle tour of Patagonia that I put off last year.

I fly out to Buenos Aires via Sydney tonight.  waytogo Dolph (will be at Sydney airport for 6 hours tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join me for   coffeeRoll Eyes

Geez you kept that on the quiet.

Sorry, I can't make it to the airport tomorrow ... enjoy your trip, stay safe and (it should go without saying) take plenty of photos to share. Oh and a diary - share that too.

Believe post content at your own risk.
heatherp

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 10:50:05 PM »

Well I have been pretty busy in the last 12 months so, yes I have been keeping a few things quiet.   Grin

Spoke so much about doing this trip last year and then it didn't happen Cry so didn't want to get my hopes up. And since re-booking I have been really ill and not sure I would be able to go  boo have fixed that by eating several bags of cement.  Still won't really believe it until I land in Argentina I think.  Didn't post up about transiting through Sydney because I wasn't going to be there long but my flights have now changed, hence the six hour wait.  I'm sure I will find something to do in that time (sleeping would be good  Wink)

Will be posting photos for sure.  On facebook for starters because it's so easy (me and Jukie are FB friends so you can see them there) and then when I come back I'll chuck something up on here.
Bazz21

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »

have fun heather and stay safe look forward to hearing about your big advanture  waytogo

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
rendang

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2014, 02:26:25 AM »

have fun heather and stay safe look forward to hearing about your big advanture  waytogo

+ 1     waytogo

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
monstermick58

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 02:18:43 AM »

Hey Heather,

You are on my FB so I will be looking forward to your updates stay safe have fun and lots of photos

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
GK

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »

My plans for the Italian Lady Friend are hi comp pistons and dyno tune using the PCIII.

And MORE riding.

GK

Well the pistons are in - what a difference! Once the rings are bedded in I'll try a map or two on the PC3, and see what needs to be done from there.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: