Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 31, 2024, 10:17:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardo Systems  (Read 3259 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« on: February 04, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Needle99

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »

or

2004 S4R, Full Termi Kit, marving midpipe, DP Clutch pressure plate, Rizoma Open Clutch Cover,  Ducabike Slave Cyl and some tasteful carbon blingy goodness
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:17 PM »

Great commercials.  Although as the proud owner of a G9 setup for two bikes, I can safely say I am so glad it was free.  If I had paid $400.00 for the pair I would be really upset and would have sent it back to Revzilla.  As it was won from the monthly Revzilla drawing (with a GoPro3+ and Kriega backpack) we kept them.  Quick review below:

Buttons are tough to use on the fly and hard to feel though gloves. 

You gotta yell Urp (or something really loud) at it to get it to accept the next voice command.  If you leave the channel between you and your buddy open and buy the quietest helmets money can buy and you will still get a ton of road noise in your ear and the batteries will die in like four hours of riding.

To top that all off the mount sucks badly.  The clamp on mount will screw up your helmet padding and the sticky mount falls off when hot.  Oh and it hangs below the bottom edge of the helmet so just the act of setting your helmet down will peel the sticky off on a warm day.

My official rating is.... boo boo 

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Scoober1103
Good morning my

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 11:52:09 PM »

Great commercials.  Although as the proud owner of a G9 setup for two bikes,

Major snip.

My official rating is.... boo boo 

I'm confused?

So no good then?

Does anyone have anything good to say about Cardo Systems or Sena products for that matter?

Our group of riders are looking at investing in a system for up to 4 riders and a couple of pillions!

09 M1100 + stuff.
07 GSXR750 stock as a......
15 KTM Freeride 250r for hurting myself!

Don't buy cheap shit, it can cut your balls off.
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »

I'm confused?

So no good then?

Does anyone have anything good to say about Cardo Systems or Sena products for that matter?

Our group of riders are looking at investing in a system for up to 4 riders and a couple of pillions!

The Cardo system works and it is one of the better systems.  It is just a pain to use.  I did read somewhere that they are coming out with a new mount for the G9x and that should fix the falling off too easily problem.  The buttons and their multiple uses are enough to drive me nuts.

Oh and the intercom does not seem to work when using the bluetooth for navigation.

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 07:18:40 AM »

I've just switched to the Uclear HBC 200.  Intercom sound is great, music is a little low, phone is great.

Boomless magic (adaptive beamforming is the technical term) for the microphone.  I answered the phone, and the second thing out of the other side was "Are you at home?"

Only three buttons.

Supposedly it can connect up to 10 riders, and allows 700 meters between each one through magical networking capabilities.  I've not tried this.

Updateable firmware through USB.

small form factor compared to cardo or sena that I have seen, about the same as the one that I had before that I can't remember the name of...

They supposedly email when there is new firmware, but it turns out they don't.  I just found that they are now claiming cross-brand intercom.

http://www.amazon.com/UClear-HBC200-Bluetooth-Intercom-Communicators/dp/B009UOICIE

Customer service is stateside, and actually uses the product.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:20:47 AM by Dirty Duc » Logged

ChrisK

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »

I had really great experience with a Sena SMH-10. My only complaint with the unit was that it didn't work after I pummeled it into the pavement at 80 mph.  Roll Eyes

1998 M900
2007 CBR600RR Track Bike
1982 Virago 920 Cafe/Fighter Project
1980 Lambretta Moped
Supra Boats enthusiast

"There is no minimum."  - some guy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: