Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: moving to TX this year  (Read 8857 times)
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« on: February 24, 2014, 11:49:45 AM »

hey guys and girls of tx..   the wife and i want to move out of ny..    tx is top on the list..  still havent decided what area..   most likely just put a 100 mile or so circle around waco to cover austin and  dallas but other areas may be of interest..     

first off, is anyone here selling or renting or know of some one who is?   might just rent for a year first but if the price is right to buy might as well.  we know the closer towards austin more money it is per acre.

to let you know what we want,  land, 10 acres or more (more being better)..   good enough soil and water to grow on and start our homestead..  we wouldn't mind being tied to the grid at first but we will eventually get off it. looking to grow food and small animals..  been looking on landandfarm.com  and of course cheaper is in desert and close to mexico border.. 

want to be far enough from people but close enough to work.  don't mind an hour or so drive.  homeschooling community is best but good schools would work as well.   shes a medical biller and i'm a cable tech with a security alarms license but can basically do any job with the right trainer.

think i should i also put a thread in the dfw sention or no?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
Drjones

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:42:02 PM »

Sounds like you're looking closer to the DFW group, so I'd drop in over there too.  Seems that most in this section are Houston, San Antonio, Austin dwellers.

I don't know much about the rural life, but I do know enough that you need pay very close attention to water reserves especially around the active shale reserves.  Each fracking job uses around 1 million gallons of water.  Kind of a yin-yang thing; on one hand you could get a nice pay day from leasing land space to an operator and on the other you could be in piss fight over water rights or worse have one screw the pooch with a surface spill.

Job prospects would be better in DFW, SA or HOU.  Austin and Kileen areas not so much due to Dell sliding down the PC market slide and military budget cuts in the respective areas.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »

thanks..   yea, don't want the fracking buis messing with my water..  i want to grow  stuff..

I WIN

About the goat...
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:51:54 PM »

Pluegerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown to the North of Austin and Buda and Kyle are South.  All are close enough to Austin and can be less or more than an hour away.

We've been in Plano..North of Dallas.  Muskrat is in Frisco.  You might find some areas in or around McKinney and Allen.

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Drjones

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:45:27 AM »

Belleville, Brenham, LaGrange area isn't half bad either.

other things to watch for; proposed high speed rail line between Dallas and Houston and the once proposed Trans-Texas Corridor.  The TTC has been "dropped," but that doesn't mean it wont be resurrected in the future.

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »

Dr,   when you say watch for, are you meaning land wise or work wise?   or people getting in my way wise? 

I WIN

About the goat...
Drjones

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »

Land wise; eyesore, property valuation, screwing via eminent domain theft offers, etc.

Digging out the proposed routes when looking where to/not to buy would be recommended.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:37:17 AM by Drjones » Logged

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »

thanks

I WIN

About the goat...
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »

This area is dead.  Well, we've made the move to DE area.

I WIN

About the goat...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: