Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:58:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP Get-togethers?  (Read 9860 times)
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 01:03:16 PM »

It wouldn't be in HD. I read something just a couple of days ago that Dorna is trying to upgrade all the equipment so they can start filming in HD in 2010.  Apparently it's pretty complicated since that means all the onboard cameras have to be HD as well.  I can see that as a problem because you're talking about a quantum jump in bandwidth needed for the camera-to-pit link.

The amount of cameras it takes to following bikes or cars around a track, and the mounted camera makes switching to HD a very difficult and expensive task..
Will be exciting if they actually get that all figured out.   Smiley

Would love to get together for a GP race sometime...  thought the next one is showing pretty late at night...
let me know if anyone has a plan?
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 03:14:57 PM »

The amount of cameras it takes to following bikes or cars around a track, and the mounted camera makes switching to HD a very difficult and expensive task..
Will be exciting if they actually get that all figured out.   Smiley

Would love to get together for a GP race sometime...  thought the next one is showing pretty late at night...
let me know if anyone has a plan?

Ditto!  I've always watched races by myself, it'd be nice to have some folks around to shout at the screen with.  Tongue
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »

Its much more fun to be rowdy when there are others that share it.
I have had my monster owner/neighbor over for the last few, but my tv is crap.

Would be awesome if there was a place around to watch..  or, if people want to hang at my place thats cool too...  I have beer(that has to count for something!  drink
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »

Its much more fun to be rowdy when there are others that share it.
I have had my monster owner/neighbor over for the last few, but my tv is crap.

Would be awesome if there was a place around to watch..  or, if people want to hang at my place thats cool too...  I have beer(that has to count for something!  drink

Don't know about any places around to watch but I'd be happy to host a few folks.  I've got a fully-stocked beer fridge and a 53" TV... Cheesy
Blackout

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 09:15:34 AM »

A group of us used to get together at either Woody's in Cary or Four Corners in Chapel Hill.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »

A group of us used to get together at either Woody's in Cary or Four Corners in Chapel Hill.

I don't know where Four Corners is, but Woody's would be great for me.  Not too far from home.
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 02:37:56 PM »

Don't know about any places around to watch but I'd be happy to host a few folks.  I've got a fully-stocked beer fridge and a 53" TV... Cheesy

now I am just jealous...
 Wink
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »

I don't know where Four Corners is, but Woody's would be great for me.  Not too far from home.

I dont know where either of those are...   but I am happy to follow someone!  [moto]
superjohn

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »

I can probably get to Woody's on Sunday for this weeks race.

The bad thing from here on out is football season will occupy every publicly viewable plasma display where food and beer are served.

Rameses

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »

I can probably get to Woody's on Sunday for this weeks race.

The bad thing from here on out is football season will occupy every publicly viewable plasma display where food and beer are served.

I can almost guarantee you that the bar in the restaurant I work at won't have a crowd for football.

Two plasma screens and an LCD.

And $2 Dos Equis drafts on Sundays.

ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 02:58:24 AM »

Well, looks like there won't be any get-togothers for the Misano GP since lack-of-speed channel isn't showing it until 11pm.  I suppose anyone interested could meet up and watch some AMA racing from Road Atlanta, but it just doesn't seem like the same thing.

At any rate, I'd definitely be amenable to going to Woody's or wherever (Sparky: I can meet ya and lead you to Woody's if you wish, I'm in the Cary/Morrisville area near the intersection of Davis and Morrisville-Carpender/Aviation Pkwy).  I sure would love to get to at least one get-together before the remainder of the season is done.
superjohn

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 04:13:08 AM »

Well, looks like there won't be any get-togothers for the Misano GP since lack-of-speed channel isn't showing it until 11pm.  I suppose anyone interested could meet up and watch some AMA racing from Road Atlanta, but it just doesn't seem like the same thing.

At any rate, I'd definitely be amenable to going to Woody's or wherever (Sparky: I can meet ya and lead you to Woody's if you wish, I'm in the Cary/Morrisville area near the intersection of Davis and Morrisville-Carpender/Aviation Pkwy).  I sure would love to get to at least one get-together before the remainder of the season is done.

Well, I guess I can't make it to that, and I'll be at the race in Indy. Maybe I'll make it for Japan or Australia. I'm also in Morrisville off of Davis.
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 09:02:37 AM »

Well, I guess I can't make it to that, and I'll be at the race in Indy. Maybe I'll make it for Japan or Australia. I'm also in Morrisville off of Davis.

Lucky you.  I had every intention of going to Indy this year but things just didn't work out for it to be possible.  We'll definitely try to gather a crowd for one of the later races.

For those (like me) who aren't going to be lucky enough to see the Indy GP in person, I'm SURE that race will be shown at a decent time...
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »

I am down for Woody's whenever.  Were you thinking this weekend?
I will be watching the GP at 11PM, but I kinda figured people wouldnt want to get together that late..
Indy watching party sounds good (for those who are not going...  lucky   Tongue )
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 02:42:40 AM »

I am down for Woody's whenever.  Were you thinking this weekend?
I will be watching the GP at 11PM, but I kinda figured people wouldnt want to get together that late..
Indy watching party sounds good (for those who are not going...  lucky   Tongue )

I doubt I'll wait until 11pm to watch the Misano race this weekend.  I'll probably snag a copy of the Eurosport feed and watch it earlier in the day instead.  We'll definitely work out an Indy viewing party though!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: