Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:29:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP Get-togethers?  (Read 9857 times)
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »

Are any of us unfortunates that aren't going to Indy this weekend going to get together for beer, MotoGP, and mutual support?

Bump!
Paradux

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2008, 05:16:30 AM »

Ugh...just found out I had box seats and a ticket to have dinner with Stoner and the team tonight waytogo I'll be on an airplane instead bang head

With the rain predicted we could have a darkhorse win this thing.

When one of a good thing just isn't enough

2007 SennaStrada 1100S
2007 Team USA 999S
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 07:01:57 AM »

Just got back into town.
Missed the race on account of six-flags...

Dunno there there are any chances for a get together for the next one, but if I am here, I am down.

Smiley
superjohn

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 09:07:52 AM »

9 days to Japan. It'd be nice to see the race somewhere that I won't get wet or blown off the stands  laughingdp
ncgt1000

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 04:23:23 AM »

Got back from Indy Monday night.  Fun weekend in spite of the rain.  Sunday afternoon in turn 1 stands watching the race bikes and Ike go around was something to see!

Wild racing, what there was.  125 was great, 250 postponed then cancelled, MotoGP shortened from 28 to 20 laps.  Positively wild!  I have a few pictures and a couple of short vids, if any are interested.  Some of he best racing was actually the 125 novice class / support races.  KIDS 13 and up from AMA and FIM supported series on identical KTM bikes. 

Was there anything broadcast on TV?  I recorded some wierd program cause of the race delay.  I haven't found anything listed for Indy on any TV schedule. 

'07 GT1000 - with mods of course
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 08:16:01 AM »

Got back from Indy Monday night.  Fun weekend in spite of the rain.  Sunday afternoon in turn 1 stands watching the race bikes and Ike go around was something to see!

Wild racing, what there was.  125 was great, 250 postponed then cancelled, MotoGP shortened from 28 to 20 laps.  Positively wild!  I have a few pictures and a couple of short vids, if any are interested.  Some of he best racing was actually the 125 novice class / support races.  KIDS 13 and up from AMA and FIM supported series on identical KTM bikes. 

Was there anything broadcast on TV?  I recorded some wierd program cause of the race delay.  I haven't found anything listed for Indy on any TV schedule. 

NBC was supposed to show the GP but we got treated to an hour of paid programming for the St. Jude's Children's Hospital instead.  They never did show the race as far as I can discern.  Speed was supposed to broadcast the 250 race but since it was canceled they showed the 250 race from the previous round. They'll probably air the 125 race in a week or two.

Back to the original subject, if anyone wants to get together to watch the next round I'd definitely be interested.
superjohn

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 05:18:16 PM »

Did I just completely overlook you in Indy? If I did, I'm sorry.
ncgt1000

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 04:12:09 AM »

Did I just completely overlook you in Indy? If I did, I'm sorry.

No, not at all.  I made plans a year ago to meet up with friends from MI.  They drove their motorhome w/garage, aka "The Unit" down to Indy.  They picked up my wife and I at the airport Wed night and we were 'camping' in lot 2 next to the track.  Can you keep a secret?  I rode a 2007 HD Springer for 3 days!  Pretty cool, actually, and easy to wheel around in the crowded conditions.  Being at the track for all the practice and qualifying sessions was great.  We got to see the bikes ridden in all kinds of weather, 'cept snow of course!

I heard that a row of Ducs got blown over on Sunday.  Anyone confirm that?

'07 GT1000 - with mods of course
Paradux

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 05:02:02 AM »

Carnage here...

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=51236&highlight=pile

When one of a good thing just isn't enough

2007 SennaStrada 1100S
2007 Team USA 999S
superjohn

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 02:00:51 PM »

Including Jobu and Rameses.  Sad
superjohn

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 02:02:48 PM »

No, not at all.  I made plans a year ago to meet up with friends from MI.  They drove their motorhome w/garage, aka "The Unit" down to Indy.  They picked up my wife and I at the airport Wed night and we were 'camping' in lot 2 next to the track.  Can you keep a secret?  I rode a 2007 HD Springer for 3 days!  Pretty cool, actually, and easy to wheel around in the crowded conditions.  Being at the track for all the practice and qualifying sessions was great.  We got to see the bikes ridden in all kinds of weather, 'cept snow of course!

Cool. I was just afraid I'd stood right next to you and your wife and didn't even recognize you. I think you signed up for US Desmo right before me as well.
Jobu

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »

Including Jobu and Rameses.  Sad

Nah.  Our bikes were fine.  We were parked two rows back.  waytogo

But I got a very sick feeling when we walked up and saw those bikes on the ground.  I did not remember right off where we had parked.  vomit

Coincidental that there was a Hyper and red framed 900 monster involved in the accident.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:06:20 PM by Jobu » Logged

(@  )( @ )
Jobu

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »

I circled our bikes in this shot.  Just an excuse to get some stage time.  Tongue

(@  )( @ )
superjohn

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »

Nah.  Our bikes were fine.  We were parked two rows back.  waytogo

But I got a very sick feeling when we walked up and saw those bikes on the ground.  I did not remember right off where we had parked.  vomit

Coincidental that there was a Hyper and red framed 900 monster involved in the accident.

Whew...I thought those were you guys. Thank goodness.
Rameses

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 06:15:59 PM »

Whew...I thought those were you guys. Thank goodness.

I wish they were.

That Hyper's an S.

Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: