Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:25:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP Get-togethers?  (Read 9856 times)
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 07:34:03 PM »

I doubt I'll wait until 11pm to watch the Misano race this weekend.  I'll probably snag a copy of the Eurosport feed and watch it earlier in the day instead.  We'll definitely work out an Indy viewing party though!

snag a huh?  how is that possible, do tell!
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »

snag a huh?  how is that possible, do tell!

PM sent yesterday.
Jobu

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »

I doubt I'll wait until 11pm to watch the Misano race this weekend.  I'll probably snag a copy of the Eurosport feed and watch it earlier in the day instead.  We'll definitely work out an Indy viewing party though!

I had heard the Eurosport wasn't allowed to carry the races any more.  Just BBC.  Huh?

(@  )( @ )
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »

I had heard the Eurosport wasn't allowed to carry the races any more.  Just BBC.  Huh?

2008 is the last season Eurosport will be carrying MotoGP coverage.  That's too bad, because Julian, Toby, and Randy are the best English-speaking MotoGP announcers on the planet by a LONG way.  I hope that, whatever happens, those three guys are kept together.  If Dorna was smart they'd can the guys who do the announcing on the "official" Dorna feed (the one that's heard on SpeedTV) and hire the Eurosport guys instead.
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 07:54:57 AM »

Considering the number of fans that attend these, its hard to believe that it will be even harder to find on the telly.  Sad
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 08:49:42 AM »

Considering the number of fans that attend these, its hard to believe that it will be even harder to find on the telly.  Sad

The impression I get is that it's not hard to find on the telly... in Europe. :-)  It's just us unenlightened, NASCAR-crazed Americans that don't "get it."
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 02:11:20 PM »

The impression I get is that it's not hard to find on the telly... in Europe. :-)  It's just us unenlightened, NASCAR-crazed Americans that don't "get it."

Nascar....  oh yeah. isnt that, the car thing where they just drive around in circles??

Wink
superjohn

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »

Nascar....  oh yeah. isnt that, the car thing where they just drive around in circles??

Wink

And yet, they get 17+ hours of television coverage a week devoted to chronicling the soap opera that apparently ensues when 45 guys get in 80's technology cars with 60's technology engines and bang into one another around a circular track. Kind of sad.
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 05:25:07 PM »

yeah, I just dont 'get it'...   Roll Eyes

Another reason why I think about moving abroad...
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »

I'm with y'all on that one.  I've never figured the attraction of NASCAR.  500 miles of cars driving in a circle? I'd rather watch my grass grow.  I have this conversation with my brother all the time.  He's even a motorcyclist (well, that may be going a bit far.  He rides a Hardley Ableson) but he doesn't watch motorcycle racing and is an absolute NASCAR freak. I just don't understand.
Paradux

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 07:29:42 PM »

Was it here that I heard that watching NASCAR is like watching someone flush skittles down the toilet?

At least NASCAR will be around next year, unlike AMA racing, so I'll give 'em some credit there.

When one of a good thing just isn't enough

2007 SennaStrada 1100S
2007 Team USA 999S
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »

Just finished watching Misano qualifying.  Stoner took the boots to 'em once again.  I thought he was gonna end up in 3rd and then, with just over a minute to left in the session: BOOM! He clicks the Desmosedici into 7th gear (or whatever the hell he does) and destroyed the field by 6 tenths of a second.  Rossi managed to make up a tenth on him in his last-ditch flyer, but Stoner still won Pole by half a second.  Good stuff.
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 08:27:05 AM »

Was it here that I heard that watching NASCAR is like watching someone flush skittles down the toilet?

At least NASCAR will be around next year, unlike AMA racing, so I'll give 'em some credit there.

Awesome, I have not heard that one b4 and will have to use it.  Wink
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 08:28:16 AM »

Just finished watching Misano qualifying.  Stoner took the boots to 'em once again.  I thought he was gonna end up in 3rd and then, with just over a minute to left in the session: BOOM! He clicks the Desmosedici into 7th gear (or whatever the hell he does) and destroyed the field by 6 tenths of a second.  Rossi managed to make up a tenth on him in his last-ditch flyer, but Stoner still won Pole by half a second.  Good stuff.

GO CASEY!!  That kid is wicked fast.  I just hope he doesnt fall trying to push it to the limit again..   Sad
ntnunk

2008 S4RS Tricolore #014

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 12:44:13 PM »

Are any of us unfortunates that aren't going to Indy this weekend going to get together for beer, MotoGP, and mutual support?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: