Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 06:22:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday 7/20 Ride/Meetup/MotoGP  (Read 7758 times)
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« on: July 14, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »

So there might be a group of us headed South this Sunday per this thread.

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=7023.0

Perhaps a meeting of the MHM & SoCo groups somewhere along the way?

Watch the MotoGP race in the Springs somewhere?

Discuss.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:57:27 PM by Randimus Maximus » Logged

Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »

Sounds cool!  It's Monday night and I've had a few cocktails, can't think of a spot we could watch here in the Springs, other than maybe Champs, but that doesn't seem like a good first choice.  Any ideas among my sober brethren?
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »

Sounds cool!  It's Monday night and I've had a few cocktails, can't think of a spot we could watch here in the Springs, other than maybe Champs, but that doesn't seem like a good first choice.  Any ideas among my sober brethren?

Back East Bar and Grill off of Briargate Parkway...  It's about a 1/2 mile from the Shops at Briargate and off of I-25 and Hwy 83 North.   chug

Randimus thanks for thinking of us SoCo Dogs too!   applause

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:21:35 PM »

Blasted weddings!!!!!   Here's another ride I'll miss   Cry  I need to end these sensless obligations, and my job!!!  That way I'll always be able to make the ride!!! 

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »

I may be able to meet up....  Cheesy

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »

The primary requirement would be good tv in a place that will put the race on for us.

Brew's place would be good.  Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Smitch

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:10:20 AM »

Back East Bar and Grill off of Briargate Parkway...  It's about a 1/2 mile from the Shops at Briargate and off of I-25 and Hwy 83 North.   chug

Randimus thanks for thinking of us SoCo Dogs too!   applause

Oh yeah, I've heard of it.  I'll be there!  Should we call ahead and let them know we're coming El Presidente?
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:25:29 AM »

So if we leave Morrison @ 8:15, we would be in Deckers @ 9:00 or Woodland Park @ 9:30.

Post up or PM who we need to be looking for, and where.

Smitch, and a few others, I look forward to meeting you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:13:55 AM by Bick » Logged

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Smitch

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »

You too Bick!

The race starts at 3pm, so you Denver guys wouldn't have leave as early as 8am if you didn't want to.  Don't know if I'll be able to meet up in Deckers before hand.  I'll post here if I can meet you guys before the race. Any other So Co Dogs feel like running up to meet MHM in Deckers?  1pm or 1:30 meet up there would give us time to get to the bar for the race.  Or earlier, thoughts?

I just called Back East Bar and Grill, they said they'd turn it on for us no problem.

The address is 9475 Briar Village Pt. #168, Colorado Springs, CO 80920

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:07:32 PM by Smitch » Logged
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 01:12:13 PM »

The race starts at 3pm, so you Denver guys wouldn't have leave as early as 8am if you didn't want to.

My wife used to watch with me, but she's not as interested any more. Hope everybody makes it!

The plan is to go down to Cripple Creek, then catch the race on the way back (and let the day cool down a bit before the trek back north)

So your wife got frustrated with CBS announcing, too?

Smitch

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »

Nah, but she's upset with my mouth lately, now that we're parents.  I was holding my 4 month old son, saying "These F-ing announcers F-ing suck!"

Admittedly, I need to clean that up if I don't want him repeating such things at an early age!

I could meet you guys at that Conoco where 67 meets 24 if you're coming back that way from Cripple Creek.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:51:53 PM by Smitch » Logged
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 05:10:24 PM »

I'm teaching my daughter to say "shit". Cool It's a useful word.....  Grin

Smitch

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »

Hey WDB man, wanna ride Sunday with me to meet the Denver guys in Divide, and then head to Back East Bar for the GP race?  Cooleye? Pres?  J_Slyter? Walter?  Where my DOGS at (jeez, that's so wanna-be gangsta). 

Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »

Hey WDB man, wanna ride Sunday with me to meet the Denver guys in Divide, and then head to Back East Bar for the GP race?  Cooleye? Pres?  J_Slyter? Walter?  Where my DOGS at (jeez, that's so wanna-be gangsta). 

Smitch I'm in for the Moto GP at Back East.  I may be in for the ride with you to Woodland Park.  I'm commited to getting things ready for a road trip, but I might be able to fit it all in if the timing is right (read late start).  Let me know when you want head out.  We could meet at the 7-11 next to Back East.  Let me know.

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »

I don't think I'll be available that early. I gotta run down to Raton, NM. I will probably even be running late to the race, but I am going to swing by for sure.  waytogo

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: