Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 12, 2024, 12:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kopf's bus thread  (Read 79969 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2016, 07:18:01 PM »

That teal bus and trailer look cool.

Can they be fitted with a realistic modern motor?

How far can you go toward current motors before the purists start yelling?

No disrespect intended, but I've driven later models, and I wouldn't want to hitch a trailer to 'em.
Any hill or headwind and you're stopped.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2016, 07:28:03 PM »

There's tons of 'hot rod' engines that can be run. A good 1600cc dual port will move along pretty well. Next step would be 1776 or 1800, but if you want to do wheelies you can go to 1914cc and up. These guys build all kinds of turn key motors.

http://www.mofoco.com/category/TurnKey_VW_Engines/c70

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:35:29 PM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2016, 02:42:04 PM »

Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »

This ones got my attention big time. I prefer the 'tin top', and this is a really clean example.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1898352

Cool shot this guy took from inside of that Westy.     waytogo

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2016, 04:14:47 PM »

Yeah it is.  Cool

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2016, 06:34:49 AM »

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2016, 07:19:45 AM »

It runs

Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »

It runs

At Spa no less!

Evil Evil waytogo

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »

70 or 71 model

flat hub caps give it away.

that's exactly the model i had. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2016, 11:06:19 AM »

There's tons of 'hot rod' engines that can be run. A good 1600cc dual port will move along pretty well. Next step would be 1776 or 1800, but if you want to do wheelies you can go to 1914cc and up. These guys build all kinds of turn key motors.

http://www.mofoco.com/category/TurnKey_VW_Engines/c70

My bus motor was a ground-up brand new Gene Berg case and crank.   Stroked crank.  Put out just over 1900cc.  The crank was fully balanced and blueprinted.

I used the dual Kadron carbs that Berg sold. I wanted to try his EFI setup that he developed, but never did it.

Berg modified the case to use a full flow oil filter, with a bypass at the pump.  It was incredible.  I used an Oberg mesh filter with the sensor.  All stuff that Gene Berg used in his drag cars.

Heads were flycut to keep compression lowish, i think it was around 8:1 with that stroker crank.  But it ran very smoothly.  Gene set me up with a matching cam profile that kept it streetable.  It was such a work of art.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2016, 06:09:33 AM »

the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2016, 05:57:22 AM »

Can't remember if I posted this.  My brother-in-law's:

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2016, 06:13:01 AM »

Nice  waytogo

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:21 AM »

Can't remember if I posted this.  My brother-in-law's:

JM

71 Campmobile? 

last year of the type 1 engine models.  flat hubcaps give it away.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: