Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:52:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkansas - Where Texans go to crash  (Read 18095 times)
TresGatos

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »

Looks like they drilled out your tibia marrow to put in the rod - no wonder you are on pain meds!  Shocked   Shots

Bet you heal up well from being active your whole life waytogo

Best wishes   Smiley

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
RichD

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 07:47:30 AM »

I just saw this -holy crap!

I hope you heal up 100%
Very sorry to see this.  

If you're looking for a new hobby:
Airplanes, guns, and motorcycles go together well.
you'll meet the same exact people at all three.

I bet you'd be a good F-class shooter!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:53:23 AM by RichD » Logged

DFW-MFer!
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »

I just saw this -holy crap!

I hope you heal up 100%
Very sorry to see this.  

If you're looking for a new hobby:
Airplanes, guns, and motorcycles go together well.
you'll meet the same exact people at all three.

I bet you'd be a good F-class shooter!

Thanks, Rich.  Before Sam was born, Alan and I were regulars at the range.  We have a Glock, a Baretta, and a long barrel 22mm pistol.  It was a fun hobby but obviously not kid friendly so the guns have been put away for twenty years.

I also have experience now with compund bows and indoor target practtice.  There are competitive groups for all ages and skill levels.

Those two hobbies would certainly be interesting and fun enough to keep me interestd.  In fact, Alan was talking the other day about starting a collection of older, historic guns, so that is hobby we could do together.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:25:40 AM by Cher » Logged
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 07:22:02 PM »

Thanks, Rich.  Before Sam was born, Alan and I were regulars at the range.  We have a Glock, a Baretta, and a long barrel 22mm pistol.  It was a fun hobby but obviously not kid friendly so the guns have been put away for twenty years.

Again, not necessarily... it all has to do with training, supervision, and responsibility...

This is my daughter busting caps at age 15, she's been shooting since she was 12.  TBH, she's not really a gun enthusiast, but along with her martial arts experiences, I rolled in firearms training.... all goodies in the kit bag, so to speak.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
muskrat

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »

so, good news from Doc?

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 07:58:17 AM »

so, good news from Doc?

No, not really.  This is shaping up to be exactly the same experience as my track day crash back in 2010 where I broke my right schaephoid and index metacarple; they want you to follow-up every week until the bones heel enough to put a cast on. Unfortunately for me,  I had the misfortune to crash out-of-state so my weekly follow-up trips involve a drive five hours each way in a big rental car to Little Rock so the doctor that did the reconstructive surgery on the tibia can properly monitor the leg's prgroess.

Yestersay's ten hour extravaganza didn't even warrant fresh x-rays. just a change of the dressings and a re-tape of the compression bandage.  Grand total of time with the Doc; less than 10 minutes. And there's still obviously way too much swelling and bruising to consider any other course of action, like a cast..

SOOOO this coming Tuesday Alan and I are already scheduled to spend another ten hours drivingin back and forth to Little Rock having the attnding physcian monitor my broken leg,  "Yep, still broken.  Let's wait another week or so and see what happens.  As you were."

On a side note I have 30 stitches -15 right above my ankle bone and fifteen one the inside of my kneecap.  Oddly enough they don't hurt, it's just the ligaments around my knee and inside of my ankle that are causing the aggravation.

ANYWAY, JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS… WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT CRASH.  BUT IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE IT'S SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO HOME, DEFINITELY NOT TEN HOURS OUT- OF-STATE.

chug

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:04:24 AM by Cher » Logged
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 08:01:25 AM »

Again, not necessarily... it all has to do with training, supervision, and responsibility...

This is my daughter busting caps at age 15, she's been shooting since she was 12.  TBH, she's not really a gun enthusiast, but along with her martial arts experiences, I rolled in firearms training.... all goodies in the kit bag, so to speak.

Cool.  Great picture.  Something to think about.  Thanks.
webspoke

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »

Oh crap, so sorry to hear this.  If you need taxi service (locally) or anything let us know.  I will add to the don't crash part - crashing on pit bikes is much less traumatic physically.  Does pain remedy include  Shots

Streetfighter 1098S
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »

Oh crap, so sorry to hear this.  If you need taxi service (locally) or anything let us know.  I will add to the don't crash part - crashing on pit bikes is much less traumatic physically.  Does pain remedy include  Shots

Thanks!  Might be time for a pit bike… or a Big Wheel laughingdp  And, unfortunately, pain remedies in my case never end in Walker or Daniels… if only  Lips Sealed    Pretty sure my quality of life would be 1000% better.
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 06:11:02 AM »

Thanks!  Might be time for a pit bike… or a Big Wheel laughingdp 

Just don't stoop to a Harley... life can't be that bad.   Grin

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS

Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2016, 07:47:35 AM »

Just don't stoop to a Harley... life can't be that bad.   Grin

laughingdp  laughingdp  When my husband and I met 35 years ago, he rode a 1200 AMF Harley Davidson Sportster.  Yes, it was a total piece of @#&# but I sure did not mind riding on the back through the hill country surrounding Austin.  I din't ride at the time so it was all good.  

Anyway,  I've got no real issues with Harleys - in fact, our resident Harley rider Dax got me on a Wideglide about three years ago.  Not a bad ride, but it was a massive amount of work just to get it up off the kick stand.  Rode nice though once I was underway.  

Of course dressing like a pirate will be the challenge… If you've meet me, I'm more the equivalent of a pair of Birkenstocks than chaps with fringe  laughingdp  Sorry for the stereo type….  I'm going to blame the meds… of which there are many  bang head
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2016, 07:55:38 AM »

And just in the way of a brief update:

We FINALLY found an orthopedic surgeon locally who will do the required follow-up exams on my broken leg.  This means no more ten hour trips to Little Rock, woo-hoo!!!!!

My first appointment with the local surgeon is today at the UT Southwestern Campus in UTD - about ten minutes from my house.  Yeah!
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »

And just in the way of a brief update:

We FINALLY found an orthopedic surgeon locally who will do the required follow-up exams on my broken leg.  This means no more ten hour trips to Little Rock, woo-hoo!!!!!

My first appointment with the local surgeon is today at the UT Southwestern Campus in UTD - about ten minutes from my house.  Yeah!

waytogo waytogo waytogo

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »

That is so much better. Glad to hear.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »

Last update on this mess for a while, I reckon; met with the UT Southwest orthopedic surgeon this afternoon.  All is going as planned.  Will require no further surgery.  I'll do all my physical therapy through their office twice a week.  Expected full recovery in three and a half months - mid-February or so.

Thanks for cheering me on these last few days - it really means a lot to me.  You guys rock  waytogo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 04:18:20 PM by Cher » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: