Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 06, 2024, 06:17:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati 996 engine custom build  (Read 22998 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2019, 10:50:49 AM »

I just got an old but mint set of Staintune reverse cones, I really like your homemade ones, very nice! It seems like this muffler style has like 5 different names.

Good score waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2019, 09:15:27 AM »

the weather has been crap for a few days, so some garage time  Cheesy   made some ends for the swinging arm as I didn't like the originals and they were marked... also made some new stainless bolts. may wheel it out the garage tomorrow

buzzer

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2019, 06:37:04 AM »

Got the bike out today into the daylight for the first time in months...  Have to say my Iphone takes great pictures!  Next job is to start the wiring...  its a job I actually love doing, making a loom from scratch.  here is my collection of wire from meany years!  there is some new stuff in there as well that I got from some newish cars in the  vehicle dismantlers last year.  Its just too expensive to buy all the colours you need new, its a great source of wire!

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2019, 06:58:22 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp cheeky waytogo

You're different.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
buzzer

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2019, 07:06:16 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp cheeky waytogo

You're different.

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp waytogo
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2019, 12:05:21 PM »

Got the bike out today into the daylight for the first time in months...  Have to say my Iphone takes great pictures!  Next job is to start the wiring...  its a job I actually love doing, making a loom from scratch.  here is my collection .

Whoa!  Shocked  

Serlina from MIB II was banished to a shed somewhere in Britain  Grin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:21:55 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2019, 09:45:54 AM »

I wanna see that jewelry box.  Grin

Well here you go... Its finished!  It started life as a writing box, my wife saw it when we were helping clear a friends mothers house, and it was going to be thrown out as it was badly damaged...  But my wife liked the box so we took it...  been in the loft for a couple of years, I saw it a few months ago, around the time she mentioned she would like a jewellery box...  I hope she likes it!  The way its been flocked makes it look and feel nice inside, and I am pleased the way the wood has come up with a few coats of 2K lacquer

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »

Handy waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2019, 06:20:45 AM »

I have been pondering how to switch the radiator fan on and off as I am no longer running with an ECU... I popped around to my mate yesterday and he suggested using one of these units which is adjustable for temperature. he uses them on factory machinery. I have put the thermocouple in the original sensor (snug fit, but used some heat sink Grease used on computer CPU's) and some Araldite to hold it in place. Its 12V, you can adjust the temperature and it has a 20 amp relay on the board which is more than enough for the fan... tested it today in some boiling water and it works well! The unit is very cheap at around £5!   

Also made a good start on the wiring..  I know a lot of people struggle with this but I find it easy, enjoyable and quite therapeutic! Sad I know!  I start by making a drawing of each circuit on a page, and wire that circuit on the bike. As I go along I write the wire colours on the diagram for future reference. Use pipe cleaners to hold the wire bundles together till all the circuits are in place.  then run them through sheathing , and then crimp/solder the ends on!

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2019, 07:28:40 AM »

Who makes that fan control widget?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
buzzer

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2019, 10:26:31 AM »

Who makes that fan control widget?

here it is...  my mate uses a lot of these and says they are quite reliable...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Temperature-Control-Digital-LED-Thermostat-Relay-Switch-12V-DC-With-Sensor/232987888186
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »

here it is...  my mate uses a lot of these and says they are quite reliable...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Temperature-Control-Digital-LED-Thermostat-Relay-Switch-12V-DC-With-Sensor/232987888186

Thanks!  chug

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
buzzer

« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2019, 02:38:33 AM »

The wiring is coming on well, just a couple of minor circuits to do.  I like this fuse box.  one lead in, and all the fuses come off that, and it has a single earth point as well.  All the ends are crimped and soldered… and covered with the glue lined heat shrink.  When its finally done I can tidy it up and tape the joints with self amalgamating tape. As I had changed the location of the coils I needed custom leads, cheap and easy job.  That crimp tool has not seen much use since the 70’s though, when it was used all the time!  I had better get some resistor plugs as there is not much in the leads!

Also finished the throttle cable.  I wanted to make  the bracket slightly adjustable, so I made the mounting eccentric.  couldn’t be bothered to change the chuck!

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2019, 02:50:02 AM »

waytogo
Happy NY

2015 Scrambler 800
buzzer

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2020, 11:42:33 AM »

waytogo
Happy NY

and the same to you!

Not much progress of late...  I came down with the flu, and its knocked me sideways...  getting there now though....  here is a 15 second clip of the throttle linkage

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: