Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:26:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ML builds an old truck  (Read 41961 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2022, 03:11:38 PM »

Thank you both!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2022, 05:01:49 PM »

How's the engine coming along?

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2022, 05:15:37 PM »

How's the engine coming along?

Slow but steady. I have a ton of time into cleaning things that would be reused. There was a substantial layer of grime on all kinds of things.

The block is back from the machine shop where I had it decked for flatness (heads too) I also had them install new cam bearings and hone the bores so the rings have something fresh to seat on.

Block has been painted Lunar Rock (a cool grey Toyota color)

Currently the crank and new bearings are in but I'm waiting on a torque angle gage to show up so I can torque the main caps.

15 ft/lbs then an additional 80° on the inner and 51° extra on the outer bolts.

I have the heads reassembled and ready to go.

I lapped all the valves and all the exhaust valves were pitted and only had like 50% seat contact so I replaced them all. Intakes all got reused, cleaned and lapped.

I also replaced all the valve springs as that was recommended by Brian Tooley Racing to go along with their Truck Norris cam.

It's starting to look like my 1000bhp goal will be easy to achieve. I may need to upgrade that to 1000rwhp.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2022, 05:23:34 PM »

Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »

I watched a friend of mine blow out the differential on his 1,000+HP Viper years ago.  It was the weakest link.  Doesn't seem like you'll see the same fate.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2022, 06:55:06 PM »

I watched a friend of mine blow out the differential on his 1,000+HP Viper years ago.  It was the weakest link.  Doesn't seem like you'll see the same fate.

It's hard to say. I think the real issue will be traction and once tires break loose no amount of power will break anything.

I built a 10.5" 3/4 ton rear end and I'm told the pinion will break before anything since it's a smaller diameter shaft.

Who knows though. I'm just gonna give her the beans and fix whatever breaks using stronger stuff

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2022, 07:13:54 PM »

Atta boy!

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2022, 03:22:42 AM »

Who knows though. I'm just gonna give her the beans and fix whatever breaks using stronger stuff

Yes.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2022, 02:43:36 PM »

Nice update - I love how it's all looking! Re-winding that spool of wire sounds like something I'd do as I'm a cheap bastard and two hours round trip from any welding supply shop. Of course, it'd probably take me three hours to accomplish, so it all boils down to the cheap bastard part.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2022, 03:25:50 PM »

Nice update - I love how it's all looking! Re-winding that spool of wire sounds like something I'd do as I'm a cheap bastard and two hours round trip from any welding supply shop. Of course, it'd probably take me three hours to accomplish, so it all boils down to the cheap bastard part.

You've head the phrase adapt and overcome, I'm sure.

It was a matter of principal. I wasn't throwing that spool away laughingdp

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2022, 10:03:01 AM »

It's starting to look like my 1000bhp goal will be easy to achieve. I may need to upgrade that to 1000rwhp.
You're quite mad.  Beautifully, willfully mad  waytogo

Keep up the insanity  Grin

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2022, 06:33:35 PM »

You're quite mad.  Beautifully, willfully mad  waytogo

Keep up the insanity  Grin

Trust me, I very much appreciate the support Evil

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2022, 09:32:42 PM »

Great workaround with the front end. I swear I've seen that sturdy and innovative solution somewhere before... waytogo Grin

https://www.google.com/search?q=sydney+harbour+bridge&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7-9erie76AhUVJrkGHQFaAYYQ_AUoAXoECAEQAQ&biw=1024&bih=600&dpr=1#imgrc=EghbgbAzck2K9M

2015 Scrambler 800
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2022, 02:46:29 AM »

We can call it innovative after it works Grin

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #224 on: December 18, 2022, 03:21:51 PM »

I just found out my clutch will only hold 750 horsepower.

That won't do  Evil

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: