Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 04:31:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ML builds an old truck  (Read 41967 times)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2021, 11:30:18 AM »

I'm having three pedal thoughts now ...
Yeah... nah  boo

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2021, 12:09:06 PM »

Yeah... nah  boo

Really?  You're against manual transmissions?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2021, 12:49:54 PM »

Really?  You're against manual transmissions?
Nope..  Only one auto trans on our fleet.  But for this application I'd want auto.... but that's me.

And this is your build  waytogo

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2021, 02:19:29 PM »

Nope..  Only one auto trans on our fleet.  But for this application I'd want auto.... but that's me.

And this is your build  waytogo

I have to rip gears. It's in my blood.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2021, 03:22:43 PM »

It’s gotta have 3 pedals.  Evil

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2021, 06:22:35 AM »

I'm also grabbing a crate rear end.  Looking like a 9" with a Detroit Tru-trac diff.  4:11 gears with the T56 trans should put me at 80mph around 2000 rpm in 6th gear.  I can make that work.  The 9" should hold all the power I can throw at it. Proabably U joints would be the weak link.

1350 u-joints will take everything you'll throw at them. The aftermarket makes some very stout units, spec a 1350 yoke when you order up the axle.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2021, 06:59:52 AM »

1350 u-joints will take everything you'll throw at them. The aftermarket makes some very stout units, spec a 1350 yoke when you order up the axle.

waytogo Good advice, thanks!

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2021, 09:47:33 AM »

Getting ready to cut 5-1/2 inches out of this frame so I can put a short bed on a long bed frame.

2021-12-31_12-43-14 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2021, 11:04:00 AM »

Just about ready to cut it

2021-12-31_01-56-57 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2021, 11:19:43 AM »

Just about ready to cut it

2021-12-31_01-56-57 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

I hope you have measured at least twice.  Evil

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »

I hope you have measured at least twice.  Evil

Kind of one and a half times. I'm pretty sure I got it right. And, since nothing I do yet really makes a difference in the long run this isn't that big of a deal. If the mounting holes are off for the bed I'll just redrill them.

The entire rear suspension is going away anyway so I don't even have to keep things square for that although I will obviously.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2021, 12:16:23 PM »

2021-12-31_03-14-42 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »

Some pie cuts to allow me to adjust the angle of the frame since the front part of the frame is narrower.

2021-12-31_03-59-35 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »

What are you using for a weldor?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

What are you using for a weldor?

I'm going to tack it together with a Miller synchro Wave 180 TIG. Final welding will be a 250 amp Lincoln MIG welder I picked up at an auction. I'm also going to plate the outside and fit a 6x2 channel on the inside of the frame rails as far as I can go in each direction over the seam.

I'm also going to box the frame and I'll tie that into the 6x2 channel.

I'm not a fabrication scientist for a living but I think that might be enough.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: