Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:14:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brno MotoGP (spoilers will be inside)  (Read 9822 times)
derby

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 05:05:38 AM »

so... rossi with another win and a duc that isn't stoner's on the box.

also, it looks like you guys watching on cbs may get some mick doohan on the announcing team, or at least as a pitlane reporter.

czech out those legs on the podium.   Shocked

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 05:45:55 AM »

my oh my that randy just can't seem to keep the bike on the track  Roll Eyes

surprising to see elias on the podium too  waytogo

what do you guys think caused casey's crash, a bump?

TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 05:46:50 AM »

czech out those legs on the podium.   Shocked

her eyes were crazie blue too  waytogo
derby

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »

i initially thought he looked too far to the inside of the turn and rubbed up against the curbing, but after watching again that doesn't appear to be what happened.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:29:24 AM by derby » Logged

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 08:04:41 AM »

Hard to say.  It looked to me like he was a little heavy on the trail-braking form the aerial view, but form the others, I really can't tell.  Probably he was just pushing so hard trying to break Rossi that there wasn't any margin for error, so when he hit a bump, he was already at the limits of traction and then he just lost it.
Jester

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 10:36:14 AM »

Probably he was just pushing so hard trying to break Rossi that there wasn't any margin for error

+1

I think he got frustrated seeing Rossi stick with him lap after lap and kept pushing harder until he dropped the bike.  After the first lap, Stoner had no advantage at all.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
Triple J
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »

What a bummer Stoner crashed out. I was really hoping Rossi would just sit there until the last few laps when we'd see a battle for the win.  Oh well.  Cry

I thought Doohan did pretty well annoucing as well.  waytogo I wish Greg White would quit yelling though.  laughingdp For some reason it works when the Brit announcers go ape...not when Greg does though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:46:18 AM by Triple J » Logged
Chococat
"Hi"

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »

my oh my that randy just can't seem to keep the bike on the track  Roll Eyes

surprising to see elias on the podium too  waytogo

I think it was due to the fact that he was leaning 46 degrees too far and at 46% throttle he hit the 46th bump and adios amigo.  laughingdp

The only reason he had a lead was because Hopper got in Rossi's way in the first turn.
A message to Hopper, "Know your role and get out of way next time."

It's nice to see that Rossi has finally figured Stoner out. First Biaggi, second Gibernau and third time is a charm.
"Dunt dunt dunt....another bites the dust...."

Nice to see Capirex on the podium. waytogo
mikeb
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »

Was really looking forward to the end of that race.  Once Rossi got around Hopper he was able to keep his gap to Stoner pretty much level.  Was even pulling back a little when Stoner went down.  With the amount of laps left I was looking forward to another fight between the two.  Too bad Stoner dropped it.  Just one little mistake.........

Even though I'm a Rossi fan you gotta feel bad for Stoner.  He was doing what he needed to do.  He's gotta be kicking himself right now.

NAKD1

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 11:14:22 AM »

I think someone sabotaged his front end, again. Wink
jswledhed

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »

I had a WTH? moment when they showed Stoner back in the pits after he retired.  He didn't seem too depressed aboutt he crash.  Almost looked like he was smiling when they showed him on CBS.  Said he was sick as a dog Friday, wonder if that had to more to do with his error than Rossi shadowing him. Undecided

Happy to see Capirossi do well.  Really happy to see Elias do well. applause
Jester

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »

Said he was sick as a dog Friday, wonder if that had to more to do with his error than Rossi shadowing him

He didn't use that excuse, he just manned up and said he made a mistake.  I would think if he was going to blame it on being sick, we wouldn't have seen him smiling and seeming to have a good ol' time with the boys when he got back to the pits.  They said he was fine before the race, and he didn't try to make any excuses for the crash.  He was running great lap times, I just think it was a run of the mill lowside, maybe a little hot into that corner.  Rossi and Stoner were both pushing it to the limit, as no one was gaining much ground either way.  Happens.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

Nice to see Alice Ducati doing well.

other than that, yawn.

mitt

Chococat
"Hi"

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »

Also, even though I'm happy Rossi won I think it's crap that poor tires are holding back that many riders. At least we know that Rossi wasn't crazy last year. But damn. I think a spec tire or at least one manufacturer is where it's headed. Not where it should be but what major team is going to ride Michelins next year? I'd bet one dollar that Repsol Honda makes the change before everyone else. Fiat Yamaha will be a full B-stone team next year.

Poor Pedro. Didn't he also try to make the switch last offseason? I thought I read where he wanted to ride Bridgestones.
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »

Poor Pedro. Didn't he also try to make the switch last offseason? I thought I read where he wanted to ride Bridgestones.

You probably read it in a couple of my posts earlier in this thread Wink  And yes, it was discussed in some trade mags.

Only 5 riders are even on Michelins this year and their best developmental rider (CEII) is PISSED with them.  As I said earlier, regardless if there is a mono-tire rule, there will only be one tire on the grid next year.  No way that Repsol or Tech 3 or Lorenzo is going to just forgo their chances at a championship just so somebody will still run the French rubber.  If anyone wants to compete with Rossi and Stoner they can't afford to just give away points like that by having shit tires.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: