Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:17:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brno MotoGP (spoilers will be inside)  (Read 9819 times)
jswledhed

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 05:57:08 AM »

He didn't use that excuse, he just manned up and said he made a mistake.  I would think if he was going to blame it on being sick, we wouldn't have seen him smiling and seeming to have a good ol' time with the boys when he got back to the pits.  They said he was fine before the race, and he didn't try to make any excuses for the crash.  He was running great lap times, I just think it was a run of the mill lowside, maybe a little hot into that corner.  Rossi and Stoner were both pushing it to the limit, as no one was gaining much ground either way.  Happens.

Good on 'im.  When he parked it next to the barrier, I fully expected a temper tantrum.  Night and day difference from Laguna. applause chug
gm2

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 06:05:52 AM »

W T F  Elias?!

michelin.  embarrassing.  how validated does rossi feel right now.

greg white was somehow about 300% less irritating.  cool beans having doohan there.

Like this is the racing, no?
Cider

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 06:41:56 AM »

With regards to a spec. tire for next year, did you guys see this article?

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2008/08/17/riders_ask_for_five_changes_to_improve_s.html
gm2

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 06:59:14 AM »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69847
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69863

mikeb
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »

A spec tire rule is nothing new but I think it makes the least amount of sense if what you're after is slowing down the corner speeds.  Unless the spec tire is the current batch of Michelins!   Grin

The narrower wheel/tire proposal is interesting.  As is the move back to 990's or weighing down the 800's. 

It's interesting that all the Michelin guys wanted the spec tire but only a majority of Bridgestone guys did.  I wonder how many of the teams wanted to move back to 990's?  Or wanted less traction control?

gm2

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 08:52:20 AM »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69876

this made me laugh.  you can just hear him saying it:
"...so he tried to make 1:56.0, and in the human world that is not possible."

Grin

mikeb
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 09:11:16 AM »

That was classic!  applause
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »

Or wanted less traction control?

Just the one's whose traction control isn't as effective as Ducati's and Yamaha's is my guess.

In other news, spec tyre for MotoGP now! popcorn
Triple J
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »

Grin

laughingdp laughingdp That's great!

Seems to me Rossi's biggest edge is that he really enjoys tight head to head racing.  Stoner on the other hand seems to like building a gap and reeling off lap after lap for the win.  It seems to me his crash was caused by pushing too hard to try and maintain his gap and avoid a head to head race with Rossi.  Huh? Rossi will always have the edge until Stoner also learns to enjoy head to head racing.

That's just my impression...maybe I'm crazy!  coffee
gm2

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 09:31:22 AM »

stupid fast & has serious racecraft vs. stupid fast.

mikeb
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »

Just the one's whose traction control isn't as effective as Ducati's and Yamaha's is my guess.

Yeah, but even Rossi says he'd rather do without it.  And so far this season he's doing alright.  So I wonder if it's really that clear cut along those lines.  Plus, Ducati's works......but not for every Ducati rider.

gm2

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »

arguably it only works for one ducati rider, elias/brno notwithstanding.  guintoli's best ride this year came as a result of having to turn the TC off completely.

different systems are different amounts of proactive vs reactive.  maybe a lot of riders feel it's become too proactive.

derby

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »

A spec tire rule is nothing new but I think it makes the least amount of sense if what you're after is slowing down the corner speeds.  Unless the spec tire is the current batch of Michelins!   Grin

how about just for safety?

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
mikeb
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 10:56:29 AM »

how about just for safety?

Well, I guess it depends on what you mean by 'spec'. 

Because if the spec tire is one of the proper working Bridgestone tires then I don't see how that's going to slow the corner speeds.  And corner speeds are what they are citing as unsafe.

But if the 'spec' is a narrower tire I can see it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:01:08 AM by mikeb » Logged
COWBOY

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »

Grin

Interesting quote.  Especially since Stoner ran an unofficial 1'56.261 today during testing.  Unlike Yami who are working on their electronics the Ducs are just being tweaked.  I wonder how much lower he'd have gone yesterday if he hadn't found the ground. 

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: