Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 03:13:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534061 times)
TNWINESELLER

« Reply #4875 on: March 03, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

I just realized this is a local club board. When i click "Show unread posts since last visit", this is always there. That explains the sarcasm of Ben/Drkwng(sp). Rookie mistake  Embarrassed
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4876 on: March 03, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »

Never knew....
DRKWNG is Ben Roll Eyes
Ok,   Dolph

Oh NO!  His secret identity has been revealed!   Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4877 on: March 03, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »

I ask because my profile has my location. His shows NoVa which is also not Hawaii

True that but he got started on these boards ( the old DML & this one ) when he was living and riding over here. He lives in the DC area now but is still considered a local rider. You can check out but you can never leave.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4878 on: March 03, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »

You can check out but you can never leave.

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
teddy037.3
« Reply #4879 on: March 03, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

Rookie mistake  Embarrassed

no worries, plenty of room at the hotel desmotropic. everyone is pretty cool.

'cept teddy; that guy's an asshole

You can check out but you can never leave.

Huh? is this some old guy joke? I don't get it...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4880 on: March 03, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »

no worries, plenty of room at the hotel desmotropic. everyone is pretty cool.

'cept teddy; that guy's an asshole

Huh? is this some old guy joke? I don't get it...

I believe the actual, original line went  "You can check out if you like but you can never leave."

And........... you are pretty close.......

teddy037.3
« Reply #4881 on: March 03, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »

I believe the actual, original line went  "You can check out if you like but you can never leave."

And........... you are pretty close.......

I kinda fig'd this

plenty of room at the hotel desmotropic.

woulda been a big hint that  I know the eagles' song, and I was just being cheeky

guess not.  Roll Eyes
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4882 on: March 03, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »

I kinda fig'd this

woulda been a big hint that  I know the eagles' song, and I was just being cheeky

guess not.  Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't roll those eyes too much now.  laughingdp  I knda figured that you were on it with the hotel reference but you can be inscrutably subtle at times.  Camouflaged cheekiness as it were.

Just 'cause it's an old song doesn't mean the line isn't appropriate.   Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4883 on: March 03, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »

Dropped the 620 engine out of the frame and finished gutting the bike. Well...... I still have to take the fuel pump out of the tank and take the engine apart but that doesn't count the same.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4884 on: March 03, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »

Dropped the 620 engine out of the frame and finished gutting the bike. Well...... I still have to take the fuel pump out of the tank and take the engine apart but that doesn't count the same.

watcha doint to the 620?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4885 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »

watcha doint to the 620?

Parting it out.  I'm going to remove the heads and sell them plus the alternator core & case.  Then I'm going to split the case and check the transmission and shifting cogs.  Got a friend with a persistent shift problem that we haven't been able to solve by doing the regular resets & alignments.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4886 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »

Hit 15,000 miles, exactly, just as I hit the top of Norfolk while going home this afternoon.
I thought that was kind of appropriate.

Holy Crap!!  It's been a month since I've been on the 848!! If the weather is good I've got to take it out, service due or no service due. Damn, time flies.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4887 on: March 04, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »

inscrutably subtle?  I shall take that as a compliment, sir  Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4888 on: March 04, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »

inscrutably subtle?  I shall take that as a compliment, sir  Wink

Do so then. It wasn't written with any negative connotation intended and that's for sure.  waytogo

teddy037.3
« Reply #4889 on: March 04, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »

Do so then. It wasn't written with any negative connotation intended and that's for sure.  waytogo

it didn't come across that way  chug

when I read it, I was all, "damn, I like that."
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: