Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 11:14:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534687 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4635 on: January 13, 2012, 02:25:01 PM »

Just had the 4th tank for the SC coated.  Got my fingers crossed...  

And oh yeah, found out today that I was selected for a position on the support team to ONI.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4636 on: January 13, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

And oh yeah, found out today that I was selected for a position on the support team to ONI.

What brand of coating did you use?

Congrats on your selection!...civilian or military?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4637 on: January 13, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

Just had the 4th tank for the SC coated.  Got my fingers crossed...   

Congrats on selection ...

Goodluck with tank ! ! !

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4638 on: January 13, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

What brand of coating did you use?

Caswell

Congrats on your selection!...civilian or military?

Civilian.  I'm done with the AF near the end of May.  I've got just over two months of leave saved up, so I'll be able to start working as a civvie for those two months and double down on the pay.  

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4639 on: January 13, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »

Civilian.  I'm done with the AF near the end of May.  I've got just over two months of leave saved up, so I'll be able to start working as a civvie for those two months and double down on the pay.  

Cool, I'll have a beer for you tonight!... waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4640 on: January 13, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Just had the 4th tank for the SC coated.  Got my fingers crossed...   

Congrats on the job offer.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4641 on: January 14, 2012, 05:07:53 AM »

Make sure you take at least a little of that sep leave as, you know, leave.  Rest - it does a body good!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4642 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »

Good on you!  Do you know where you'll be working?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4643 on: January 14, 2012, 09:12:12 AM »

I haven't accepted the position yet, as I haven't seen the offer.  If this one goes through, it will be at ONI HQ, which is in Suitland Maryland; just outside the beltway.  I had applied to a few other internal openings though, and I'm waiting to see what comes of those before I commit to anything.

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #4644 on: January 14, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »

My wife and I did the urban dare in 1:58.  Its like an amazing race, but much smaller.  Though it did confirm that we could be divorced if we did the real thing.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4645 on: January 14, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »

I haven't accepted the position yet, as I haven't seen the offer.  If this one goes through, it will be at ONI HQ, which is in Suitland Maryland; just outside the beltway.  I had applied to a few other internal openings though, and I'm waiting to see what comes of those before I commit to anything.

Options are good.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4646 on: January 14, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »

BTW --- what was up with the charging system problem?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4647 on: January 15, 2012, 03:35:39 AM »

Haven't been bothered to diagnose it yet.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4648 on: January 15, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »

MacDuck,

talking about charging systems, is there an upgrade for the alternator? Non Ducati that is, they told me the one they had listed on the catalog is no longer in production ...

Asking since I might install some HID light on the bike

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4649 on: January 15, 2012, 09:42:33 AM »

MacDuck,

talking about charging systems, is there an upgrade for the alternator? Non Ducati that is, they told me the one they had listed on the catalog is no longer in production ...

Asking since I might install some HID light on the bike

Alternator for what vehicle??

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: