Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 09:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534592 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4665 on: January 17, 2012, 07:58:31 PM »

Looks like I'm getting another rear brake master replaced!  My brakes felt soft on Sunday.  I bled the rear brakes thinking it's air in the lines....only to discover I had a leaking rear brake master!  I stopped at SSC today for diagnostics and Shawn/Eddie ordered another brake master.  Unfortunately, I already had it replaced last summer.

I ran into Brandon (S1000RR) and Brian (1198) while at the shop...Brian has his bike in storage and will be deploying to Afghanistan tomorrow.  

MadDuck...they still have the R1/anniv colors in the showroom  waytogo    
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:37:56 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4666 on: January 17, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »

Looks like I'm getting another rear brake master replaced!  My brakes felt soft on Sunday.  I bled the rear brakes thinking it's air in the lines....only to discover I had a leaking rear brake master!  I stopped at SSC today for diagnostics and Shawn/Eddie ordered another brake master.  Unfortunately, I already had it replaced last summer.

I ran into Brandon (S1000RR) and Brian (1198) while at the shop...Brian has his bike in storage and will be deploying to Afghanistan tomorrow.  

MadDuck...they still have the R1/anniv colors in the showroom  waytogo    

Too bad you need another rear master! What's up with that stuff?  Sorry to hear Brian is being shipped off to the sandbox. By the time he gets back they'll likely be stationing him at Fort Carson in Colorado. I would have liked to spent more time racing around with him. Oh Well.............

Oh, I didn't need to know that they still had the Anniversary.......... but thanks anyway.   cheeky

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #4667 on: January 18, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

Yeah, it's unfortunate Brian wasn't able to come out to more of the Sunday rides.  He made a few attempts, but he either got rained out or dealt w/ road closures.  At least both, him and his wife, get to deploy at the same time to get it over with.   

As for the rear-brake master, the rubber tube/grommet that feed into the top leaks and free-rotates.  While it's simple for a tech to diagnose, I was proud of being able to figure it out on my own...thanks for teaching me how to bleed the brakes/clutch. 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4668 on: January 18, 2012, 03:05:26 AM »

You know, I was starting to get pretty interested in those R1s right up up until I say on one for a while. DAMN that thing is wide in the front end!!!  Hopped on a new CBR immediately afterwards; it was much more svelte.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4669 on: January 18, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »

Yeah, it's unfortunate Brian wasn't able to come out to more of the Sunday rides.  He made a few attempts, but he either got rained out or dealt w/ road closures.  At least both, him and his wife, get to deploy at the same time to get it over with.   

As for the rear-brake master, the rubber tube/grommet that feed into the top leaks and free-rotates.  While it's simple for a tech to diagnose, I was proud of being able to figure it out on my own...thanks for teaching me how to bleed the brakes/clutch. 

Is that the brake master or just the feed hose?  From the picture it looks like it is only a hose. Hard to tell for sure.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4670 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:12 AM »

You know, I was starting to get pretty interested in those R1s right up up until I say on one for a while. DAMN that thing is wide in the front end!!!  Hopped on a new CBR immediately afterwards; it was much more svelte.

When I tried on a R1 at the dealer it was wide but it didn't seem so bad. Maybe I was being blinded by the colors.  laughingdp  Sat behind one in traffic this morning that had aftermarket cans. Dang that thing sounded pretty darn good with that crossplane firing.

CBR is definitely slimmer but I'd have to have the REPSOL version.   Roll Eyes

freeflydive

« Reply #4671 on: January 18, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »

Is that the brake master or just the feed hose?  From the picture it looks like it is only a hose. Hard to tell for sure.

It's the rubber piece that sits in the master cylinder piston...which is not supposed to rotate in place (per SSC). On a different issue, some change the metal clamp connecting the hose to the master because the OEM clamp "reportedly " occasionally loosens enough to draw in air. I still have my warranty until this summer, but this is giving me an incentive to look at extended warranty options! 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4672 on: January 18, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »

CBR is definitely slimmer but I'd have to have the REPSOL version.   Roll Eyes

I'd end up sending it to Nate and have it painted up in Simoncelli colors.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4673 on: January 19, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »

Did an abbreviated JJ ride this morning...autocrossing on Sunday, so this will be it for me for the week...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #4674 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »

I'm on duty tonight & craving pizza & cheesy bread! 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4675 on: January 22, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »

Gave up the regular Sunday ride today in order to work on some tools for my upcoming service project. The tool thing is an increasingly frustrating exercise in patience & sourcing parts / pieces.  Further proof that I am completely out of my mind.  Roll Eyes

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4676 on: January 22, 2012, 04:48:51 PM »

MadDuck,

Where there ADSS that that had the same bolt pattern as the DSS?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4677 on: January 22, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »

What is this service project you speak of?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4678 on: January 22, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »

MadDuck,

Where there ADSS that that had the same bolt pattern as the DSS?

? ? ? No comprende.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4679 on: January 22, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »

What is this service project you speak of?

Something crazy.

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: