Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 03:15:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534375 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4740 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »

So, when do you start?

Working on that now. It will be a while (it's the fed, so that's expected), and I'm I'm only getting started on the paperwork in Monday.

NGA is a good organization to work for...and I've always had great support from their guys that deploy w/ us.

I know. I've basically been working their office of counterterrorism for the last several years. The ONI part itself is only temporary. I'll either be looking to move over to Kennedy or a different NGA job within a year or so.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4741 on: February 03, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »

Went to SSD this morning and had a new front 2CT fitted, then went for a ride to get some miles on the tire before Sunday...asked Eddie the tech how my SF compares to others he's ridden, he said mine is an animal and is the most sorted of those he's had experience with... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4742 on: February 03, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »

asked Eddie the tech how my SF compares to others he's ridden, he said mine is an animal and is the most sorted of those he's had experience with... Evil

He said the same about my bike...I think they say that to most of us when we ask!  It's like telling a parent their baby looks beautiful, when their cone shaped head looks like a strange alien!  

drink

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4743 on: February 03, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »

He said the same about my bike...I think they say that to most of us when we ask!  It's like telling a parent their baby looks beautiful, when their cone shaped head looks like a strange alien!  

drink

I've been around long enough to know that...but it makes me feel good anyways... Kiss

freeflydive

« Reply #4744 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:53 PM »

Kiss

Can I get a hug with that?   Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4745 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:23 PM »

Can I get a hug with that?   Grin

didn't want to say it on a public forum, but he actually told me that my bike would kick your bike's a**... Grin

freeflydive

« Reply #4746 on: February 04, 2012, 04:07:55 AM »

didn't want to say it on a public forum, but he actually told me that my bike would kick your bike's a**... Grin

The way I ride, I could get passed by a moped!

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4747 on: February 04, 2012, 04:56:40 AM »

I was told once by a Ducati Italy tech[he was down here giving training to the once local dealer] that my M620D, felt different and he wanted to perform some tests ... it comes out that my M620 somehow, got some engine parts[pistons he said] in that do not belong on a M620 and that's why I felt the bike was different to the other M620's I had test riden ... come to think about it, I have kicked other M620's asses with mine ...Grin

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4748 on: February 04, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »

I was told once by a Ducati Italy tech[he was down here giving training to the once local dealer] that my M620D, felt different and he wanted to perform some tests ... it comes out that my M620 somehow, got some engine parts[pistons he said] in that do not belong on a M620 and that's why I felt the bike was different to the other M620's I had test riden ... come to think about it, I have kicked other M620's asses with mine ...Grin

You must have gotten the same pistons that Randy's CapriRex 620 had.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4749 on: February 04, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »

higher comp is what he told me ... no dyno locally but it was calculated that my bike shuld be pushing close to 70hp instead of the 60hp it should have ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4750 on: February 04, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4751 on: February 04, 2012, 12:29:56 PM »

higher comp is what he told me ... no dyno locally but it was calculated that my bike shuld be pushing close to 70hp instead of the 60hp it should have ...

What does a compression test show? PSI wise.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #4752 on: February 04, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »

That's a potent 620!
Didn't know you could get numbers like that ... from the Factory waytogo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4753 on: February 04, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

What does a compression test show? PSI wise.

OK it was done in KPa/Bar ...OK, found the paper, 11.12Bar ... like 1Bar=14.7psi ... round 160+PSI ...

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4754 on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

Hit 15,000 miles, exactly, just as I hit the top of Norfolk while going home this afternoon.
I thought that was kind of appropriate.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: