Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 27, 2024, 02:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 533881 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5400 on: February 10, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »

Since it was raining today I went down to the shop.  Took the aluminum swing arm off the old Monster engine & cleaned it up. Drained the oil. Cleaned the engine with a couple three cans of brake cleaner ( Thanks Frederick, snark, snark  laughingdp ) -- took off the clutch slave & clutch hub / basket. I'll bust it completely down next weekend.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #5401 on: February 10, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »

Whatcha talkin about Willis,
That thing was spotless
 Roll Eyes

Shocked

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5402 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:09 PM »

Took the SF in to SSD this morning for that starting issue that I've been having, bad rectifier/regulator...to be replaced under my Ever Red extended warranty...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:53:29 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5403 on: February 13, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

Took the SF in to SSD this morning for that starting issue that I've been having, bad rectifier/regulator...to be replaced under my Forever Red extended warranty...

How long do you think that fix will take?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5404 on: February 13, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »

Well, they called me around noon but I don't know exactly when Eddie finished the job...will find out tomorrow...

On a side note, Ever Red stated that my 36 month warranty expired in June of last year.  For some unknown reason their system shows the effective date of the warranty as 6/24/09, the day I purchased the bike, instead of the date the factory warranty ran out...Aaron the finance guy is working to resolve the issue.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:57:01 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5405 on: February 14, 2013, 11:55:59 AM »

The charge was 1.5 hrs, plus $179 for the R/R, plus tax...cost me the $50 deducable under the warranty.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5406 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »

On a side note, Ever Red stated that my 36 month warranty expired in June of last year.  For some unknown reason their system shows the effective date of the warranty as 6/24/09, the day I purchased the bike, instead of the date the factory warranty ran out...Aaron the finance guy is working to resolve the issue.

Learned today that the Ever Red warranty starts the day that the new vehicle is purchased and runs concurrently with the manufactuer's warranty.  Thus if you have a 36 month warranty, as in my case, you only get 12 months of coverage after the factory warranty expires...so my coverage was indeed expired as of last June.

SSD erred when they offered me the warranty as 36 months on top of the 24 month factory warranty.

Props to SSD however, as today's repair has been covered and they are paying Ever Red to extend my coverage out to June of 2014... waytogo

http://nedoc.org/forums/index.php?topic=2816.0

« Reply #5407 on: February 14, 2013, 02:14:52 PM »

Good for you, FP!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5408 on: February 14, 2013, 11:28:02 PM »

Well, they called me around noon but I don't know exactly when Eddie finished the job...will find out tomorrow...

It's good that they stepped up and helped you out.  What you ran into was a common problem with salesmen and extended warranties. They don't read and don't understand the fine print.   Roll Eyes  Happens all the time.   Roll Eyes  EverRed sold three different time plans.  The 36 month, the 48 month and the 60 month plans. All starting from the in service date. You bought a 36 month thinking, or led to believe, that it would be 36 months ( 3 years ) from when you bought it instead of from the in service date. You have to read the contract front page closely. I do that as part of my job.  What you needed was the 60 month plan.   Shocked   Salesmen are stupid and/or they lie.  I have seen huge problems with that and have had to go to court on the service dept. side of things when coverage was denied. Bad news for everyone.

And double good if they can get the extension for you.  As I understand it Ducati no longer offers the EverRed warranty.   Actually they just front it and it is really underwritten by another extended warranty company. Heritage Warranty I believe. But everyone gets their skim you know.  They might also have to go with Western Warranty and/or you might be able to purchase an even longer time/mileage extension on your own from Western.   You should look into that.   popcorn
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:34:32 PM by MacDuck » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5409 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

you might be able to purchase an even longer time/mileage extension on your own from Western.   You should look into that.   popcorn

Good idea...either that or another bike when the current warranty expires... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5410 on: February 15, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »

Good idea...either that or another bike when the current warranty expires... Grin

A possibility for sure but you & I both know that with the high mileages on our bikes that we'll have to ride them into the ground or give them away cheap.  Tongue  I still ponder selling mine sometimes but it's a hell of a gap to the next one I'd like. Or not, if I found a good used, low mileage Streetfighter.   popcorn

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5411 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:12 AM »

Or not, if I found a good used, low mileage Streetfighter.   popcorn

I know of a good used one, but it's not low mileage... Wink

Quite a few on the mainland, but buying one there and bringing it over would be a pain.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5412 on: February 15, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »

buying one there and bringing it over would be a pain.

Not really.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5413 on: February 15, 2013, 03:13:43 PM »

Not really.

Oh, I forgot about our mainland connection... Grin

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5414 on: February 15, 2013, 03:15:03 PM »

More referring to the fact that it's not all that difficult to get a bike from the mainland and ship it down there.  Hell, I did just that with the two bikes that I currently own. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: