Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:20:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514918 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5475 on: March 07, 2013, 04:04:30 AM »

How about this one?

http://ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fp-duc

it says it fits s2r1000

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5476 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43:26 AM »

How about this one?

http://ca-cycleworks.com/products/fuel-carbs/fp-duc

it says it fits s2r1000

It probably does work but it's not a simple plug & play. The "flange" fuel pump of course has to come out of the tank and then be disassembled to install that part. This is where I was alluding to the dark, downward spiral potential. It would be replacing a part of a larger assembly and who knows what the actual integrity of the larger assembly is. In English that means something might break doing this and you would be right back to square one. I don't know if South Seas would do that and certainly not for the $175 labor that was quoted. Now in the midst of all of this it would still be highly recommended to replace the hoses and the O ring seal for the whole assembly.

I would chance it for the amount of money that SSD is asking and it would/could be done at Jing's place or he could just bring the tank to me.  Another thought here, was the filter changed during that recent big service? is the fuel pump actually physically not running or just not putting out any pressure? If the diagnosis says no pressure but not sure of actual running even with good power and ground then it is still possible fuel hose problem. Even more possible hose problem if the filter was replaced but still using old fuel hoses inside the tank. A whole parts catalog is easily downloaded from Ducati.com under the service and maintenance section. I downloaded one last night to look at all of this. Jing -- PM or call me.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5477 on: March 07, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »

Thank you everyone!  I found this on ebay and I bought it.  (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151004895876)  This should give me the opportunity to get my bike out of SSD quicker.  Also I plan to work with MD (if I may and MD is available) to troubleshoot the broken one and maybe fix it if possible.  Either keep it for future needs or there is always ebay for the other s2r1k owner.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5478 on: March 07, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

Great!, hope it works for you..I've had dealings with Houston Superbikes and they appear to be straight shooters...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #5479 on: March 07, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

Yes, good luck Sta!!

Me did my 2012 Taxes.... boo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5480 on: March 07, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »

Thank you everyone!  I found this on ebay and I bought it.  (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151004895876)  This should give me the opportunity to get my bike out of SSD quicker.  Also I plan to work with MD (if I may and MD is available) to troubleshoot the broken one and maybe fix it if possible.  Either keep it for future needs or there is always ebay for the other s2r1k owner.

Just a recommendation here.  I noticed a bit of corrosion around the base in one picture.  I would suggest getting a new O ring seal for the base! It is the only thing keeping gas from leaking out of the bottom of the tank.

No problem checking the old pump assembly.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5481 on: March 07, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »

PLAYED "SPEED RACER" up around Tantalus.
First run on the Daytona up there....sure was fun!!!
Bike definately has way more ability than me.... Roll Eyes

Did you notice how quickly it takes off downhill?  Also everything happens a bit quicker.  You just have to watch out a bit as things can get out of hand a little easier up there with that bike. The flip side is that it can handle the road easier too.  Depends on the pilot.  I've run away from Daytonas up there on the BMW but I had a big advantage over those guys.   Evil  Roll Eyes  Evil

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5482 on: March 07, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »

Yeah, but whose Daytona was it?  Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.

« Reply #5483 on: March 07, 2013, 03:35:27 PM »

MD Quote:
Did you notice how quickly it takes off downhill?  Also everything happens a bit quicker.  You just have to watch out a bit as things can get out of hand a little easier up there with that bike. The flip side is that it can handle the road easier too.  Depends on the pilot.  I've run away from Daytonas up there on the BMW but I had a big advantage over those guys.       

Yes, I did notice how the 675 wants to fly downhill....couple that with much less engine braking &....shit starts happening fast!!!

Still very new to this bike  & I would never consider myself a fast rider to begin with: so I am giving the Daytona a lot of respect. Cool

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5484 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »

Have you done anything to get the suspension set up for you yer?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.

« Reply #5485 on: March 07, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »

Have you done anything to get the suspension set up for you yer?

No nothing
I want MD to ride  it give his thoughts...we are about the same weight & I liked how the Monster was set up
MD Huh??

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5486 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »

Just a recommendation here.  I noticed a bit of corrosion around the base in one picture.  I would suggest getting a new O ring seal for the base! It is the only thing keeping gas from leaking out of the bottom of the tank.

No problem checking the old pump assembly.

Thanks MD.  I will email them and see if they have a new o-ring to shop together.  Also I saw the below from them, is this the same as the one you have?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUCATI-MONSTER-620-695-S2R-800-1000-S4R-METAL-FUEL-GAS-PETRAL-TANK-/181068283679?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D6088711983569945124%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D151004895876%26

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5487 on: March 07, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »

It is but the one I have is perfect. No dents, no dings, no scratches. Perfect. But it won't fit your bike without lots of work, and I mean lots.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5488 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:32 PM »

Yeah, but whose Daytona was it?  Grin

A couple of newbies. New to the bikes and new to the hill.   laughingdp  laughingdp  Like I said, they had no idea & I had every advantage.  All they knew was that some old guy on a touring sport bike ran away from them 3 different times.   Evil  Evil

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5489 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »

No nothing
I want MD to ride  it give his thoughts...we are about the same weight & I liked how the Monster was set up
MD Huh??

None of my bikes were set up in a day.  You better be careful about what you wish for.   Grin

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: