Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 12:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514416 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5685 on: July 28, 2013, 08:34:20 PM »

What?  No horn?

Looks like it's time for a new SL.

If I was making your money I'd buy her one in a heartbeat. 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5686 on: July 29, 2013, 03:02:14 AM »

If I was making your money I'd buy her one in a heartbeat. 

Ok, you almost owed me another keyboard from the coffee rapidly exiting my nose/mouth in laughter. 

Maybe (think BIG maybe here) I'd be able to afford that after my two upcoming "vacations", but I kind of doubt it. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5687 on: July 29, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »

Maybe (think BIG maybe here) I'd be able to afford that after my two upcoming "vacations", but I kind of doubt it. 

BIG MAYBE?  This is where you make off with the 2 $100.00 plates on one trip and the Halliburton full of big bills on the other trip ..................  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5688 on: July 29, 2013, 09:31:11 AM »

BIG MAYBE?  This is where you make off with the 2 $100.00 plates on one trip and the Halliburton full of big bills on the other trip ..................  Grin

laughingdp laughingdp

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5689 on: August 01, 2013, 10:03:41 PM »

Did the windward portion of the Sunday JJ ride this morning...felt good to get on the bike after a nearly two week sabbatical... Dolph

Midway through the ride on H3 I was passed by a guy on a V-Rod coming down the hill from the Marine base.  As he went by me with twin megaphones a booming he gave me what appeared to be a condescending look.  A bit later at the Kam Hwy off ramp, I motored around him at a fair clip as he was slowing and struggling to get that V-Rod to bank over on that fat 240 rear tire for the exit...what a joke...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5690 on: August 01, 2013, 10:16:41 PM »

Harleys. Sniff.    You can make some of them go but none of them turn nor stop.   boo

Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5691 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:55 PM »

I had a HD totally cut me off coming onto the H2 from Kam Hwy because there was a slower car in front of him.  The guy got on the HD for all it was worth but, sheesh, I had to downshift two before I smoked his ass.

Said it before & again it's pretty pathetic the proverbial "chick bike" CBR 6 will smoke ANY  of the HD's.  One of my workers dumped his dresser on the way to work two weeks ago so I rode it back to the shop from the crash site.  Had to make a left onto Nimitz on the damn thing and almost didn't make it.  Hog or Pig?

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5692 on: August 02, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »

... A bit later at the Kam Hwy off ramp, I motored around him at a fair clip as he was slowing and struggling to get that V-Rod to bank over on that fat 240 rear tire for the exit...what a joke...

waytogo Evil
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5693 on: August 03, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »

The plan was to drop the wheels off the R12S and get new tires.  Couldn't budge the front axle loose.  Angry  Ended up 3+ hours later with a new welded up tool and had to finally air gun the axle out ( ouch! -- I hate that!!  bang head ) -- So no new tires today but I did get the new hugger on the rear.  Got Gloria's SL horn to work again but we'll see how long that lasts.  Roll Eyes  Also rehab'ed her electric antenna.  The usual customer pick ups - drop offs and off to Gordon Biersch for a couple with my old buddy Jeff from German Car Service.  Will have to go to shop again tomorrow to do prep work for Monday.   Tongue
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:45:08 PM by MacDuck » Logged

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5694 on: August 03, 2013, 09:16:11 PM »

The plan was to drop the wheels off the R12S and get new tires.  Couldn't budge the front axle loose.  Angry  Ended up 3+ hours later with a new welded up tool and had to finally air gun the axle out ( ouch! -- I hate that!!  bang head )

Funny, I had to learn how to remove my wheels at the last track day to get new tires mounted.  The rear wheel gave me a hard time, but gave way to the BFH!  My axle was extremely dry and salt managed to creep in from being in Hawaii.  I probably over did it w/ the axle grease (I know, a dab will do), but I won't have an issue with the axle sticking for my next set of tires.  

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:19:19 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5695 on: August 03, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »

Will have to go to shop again tomorrow to do prep work for Monday.   Tongue

You gonna be able to ride tomorrow?...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5696 on: August 13, 2013, 03:40:50 PM »

Took the SF into SSD this morning to have the TPS reset.  Along with the TPS reset, the tech found and cleared a TPS fault code...hopefully that cures the throttle problems I was having the last time Jing and I rode..

While I was waiting for the SF, in rode Danny Miyasato?, Miyashiro? on an HPD solo bike.  He and his brother Les used to run Island Cycle Works, a small independent shop on Koapaka Street.  Danny is now an HPD tech and his brother works for Aloha Power Equipment....couple of real nice guys and straight shooters, MD may know of them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:01:57 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5697 on: August 13, 2013, 11:23:34 PM »

Took the SF into SSD this morning to have the TPS reset.  Along with the TPS reset, the tech found and cleared a TPS fault code...hopefully that cures the throttle problems I was having the last time Jing and I rode..

While I was waiting for the SF, in rode Danny Miyasato?, Miyashiro? on an HPD solo bike.  He and his brother Les used to run Island Cycle Works, a small independent shop on Koapaka Street.  Danny is now an HPD tech and his brother works for Aloha Power Equipment....couple of real nice guys and straight shooters, MD may know of them.

Not by name but maybe by sight.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5698 on: August 15, 2013, 08:37:27 PM »

The plan was to drop the wheels off the R12S and get new tires.  

Ever get those new skins mounted up?...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5699 on: August 16, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »

Ever get those new skins mounted up?...

This Sat if all goes according to plan.       Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: