Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 03:18:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 540326 times)
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #1485 on: December 07, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »

Hell, I'd say we were all blessed for having that great set of tits to oogle over while having dinner.

Wait, Mac has nice tits???  How did I miss those? Shocked

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #1486 on: December 08, 2009, 05:10:39 AM »

Wait, Mac has nice tits???  How did I miss those? Shocked

Well, if you ever came out more...  j/k  More referring to the lovely lady up at Kemo'o Farms  who befriended the talented plastic surgeon...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1487 on: December 08, 2009, 05:19:36 AM »

Toady's Mothers Day here in Panama, made waffles for the wife and gave her a breakfast in bed, now, went to friends body shop to do some work on car, just came back from shop and now playing around with dog and modded fender...Thinking...gotta go to work tomorrow, so no more than 2 beers or drinks...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Xerxes1769

2012 Ducati 1199 Tri 1975 Yamaha YZ125

« Reply #1488 on: December 08, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »

Ended up taking the Monster to the shop and when I called to check on the status of the bike, I was told it was a bad fuel pump and that it was going to be $1100...now that sounds a little excessive to me...is there an aftermarket pump I can get? Or should I bite the bullet and pay it?

(hmmmmmm......maybe it IS time for a new bike)
teddy037.2
« Reply #1489 on: December 08, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »

Ended up taking the Monster to the shop and when I called to check on the status of the bike, I was told it was a bad fuel pump and that it was going to be $1100...now that sounds a little excessive to me...is there an aftermarket pump I can get? Or should I bite the bullet and pay it?

used? ebay?

otherwise that sucks, dude...
DRKWNG
« Reply #1490 on: December 08, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »

$1100 dollar fuel pump?  WTF?  Call Ducati Seattle.  What is your bike's in service date?
Xerxes1769

« Reply #1491 on: December 08, 2009, 02:59:49 PM »

Thanks!  In service date?  as in when I bought it...if so then Feb 2007
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:06:29 PM by Xerxes1769 » Logged
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1492 on: December 08, 2009, 03:18:25 PM »

Accomplished effectively nothing over many hours.  Tried to find tires for the Beetle - no go.  Got a reprinted registration and tried to get the Monster safety checked.  Apparently my blinkers - the ones I bought from South Seas to pass last time - are too small.  And I need reflectors. Like, 70 of them.  I think I actually have to cover all black or silver bits with reflectors. 

So, anybody have stock blinkers lying around?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Xerxes1769

« Reply #1493 on: December 08, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »

THANK YOU MR. DRKWNG!!!!!!  I called Ducati Seattle and asked about the price for said fuel pump...well it turns out that since Ducati only sells the complete pump/flange assembly the price IS over 1K Cry ...but Mr. Jon Payne (the Parts Manager) recommended that I speak to Ca-Cycleworks and long story short after contacting Ca-Cycleworks, they sell the pump sans the flange for only $149 plus $9 shipping (I did not hesitate to scoop that up!).  I'll have to do the work but I figure it shouldn't be too hard and if it is I'll be typing on here asking all sorts of random questions...now I have to call SS and see about picking up the Monster and towing it home...Maybe the Monster won't get set on fire after all!
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #1494 on: December 08, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »

Apparently my blinkers - the ones I bought from South Seas to pass last time - are too small.
No, not to small! They probably just need more fluid!

Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #1495 on: December 08, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

Accomplished effectively nothing over many hours.  Tried to find tires for the Beetle - no go.  Got a reprinted registration and tried to get the Monster safety checked.  Apparently my blinkers - the ones I bought from South Seas to pass last time - are too small.  And I need reflectors. Like, 70 of them.  I think I actually have to cover all black or silver bits with reflectors. 

So, anybody have stock blinkers lying around?

Nah. just take it somewhere else for the safety inspection.....PM me for some "friendly" spots

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #1496 on: December 08, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »

What did I do?  I left work a little early and took the SD out to the north shore to try and catch some of the waves.  DAMN were they impressive.  But traffic was THE SUCK, so I left and went back into town.  Got a chance to do a run up Tantalus to try out the new suspension settings.  Turns out it made a pretty big (good) difference.  Caught up to a guy descending the hill on a Triumph Sprint and damn was he smooth coming round those turns.  Can't wait to get the fueling sorted out on this bike so it isn't all herky-jerk when coming on/off the throttle.

THANK YOU MR. DRKWNG!!!!!!  I called Ducati Seattle and asked about the price for said fuel pump...well it turns out that since Ducati only sells the complete pump/flange assembly the price IS over 1K Cry ...but Mr. Jon Payne (the Parts Manager) recommended that I speak to Ca-Cycleworks and long story short after contacting Ca-Cycleworks, they sell the pump sans the flange for only $149 plus $9 shipping (I did not hesitate to scoop that up!).  I'll have to do the work but I figure it shouldn't be too hard and if it is I'll be typing on here asking all sorts of random questions...now I have to call SS and see about picking up the Monster and towing it home...Maybe the Monster won't get set on fire after all!

Nothing wrong with getting the work done down there.  Will is really good at what he does and will take great care of your bike.  

No, not to small! They probably just need more fluid!

Uh-hu...

Nah. just take it somewhere else for the safety inspection.....PM me for some "friendly" spots

I was just going to suggest you talk to Laughn about this.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:19:20 PM by DRKWNG » Logged
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1497 on: December 08, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »

The State DOT has been getting after the safety check inspectors, especially in the matter of turn signals...they must meet federal DOT regulations, which most aftermarket turn signals do not (they've got to have "DOT" on the lense).

FWIW, Stafford at Cycle Sports lost his safety check license for 90 days last year because he passed a non U.S. compliant bike.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #1498 on: December 09, 2009, 05:14:50 AM »

The State DOT has been getting after the safety check inspectors, especially in the matter of turn signals...they must meet federal DOT regulations, which most aftermarket turn signals do not (they've got to have "DOT" on the lense).

FWIW, Stafford at Cycle Sports lost his safety check license for 90 days last year because he passed a non U.S. compliant bike.

HOORAY PRH!!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1499 on: December 09, 2009, 05:31:22 AM »

HOORAY PRH!!

PRH?... Huh?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: