Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 10:18:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536534 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #3285 on: December 24, 2010, 05:39:40 AM »

the dude in question has a tank on the way

Will, sent you a pm.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3286 on: December 24, 2010, 08:26:49 AM »

whats the price difference between the aluminum tank and the plastic one?

The actual bare bones plastic tank (less the cap, pump & fittings) costs more than the aluminum tank but then again the plastic tank comes painted whereas the aluminum is just that, plain aluminum.

No, Ducati will not replace a plastic tank with an aluminum tank and will not participate in any cost adjustment whatsoever. I already asked.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3287 on: December 24, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »

the dude in question has a tank on the way

Ummm what's to keep the replacment plastic tank from doing the same thing? How many tanks will ducati replace on the same bike

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3288 on: December 24, 2010, 11:48:10 AM »

Ummm what's to keep the replacment plastic tank from doing the same thing? How many tanks will ducati replace on the same bike

Nothing keeps them from doing the same thing.  In fact, there are several bikes that have the third, and in some cases forth tanks.  Read through the these:

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=43639.0
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=25074.msg438664#msg438664
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3289 on: December 24, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »

Stay away from SMG. Stay very far away. That is unless, of course, you have more money than sense and you bring it to me to fix.   Grin

you also wrench bimmers? owner told me that i could have the car saturday and sunday against a signed 'pink slip' of my bike ... will update on monday ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3290 on: December 24, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »

took the Christmas ham to my daughter's place for cooking this morning, 'cause we set our oven on clean cycle last night and now the oven door is locked and won't open... boo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3291 on: December 24, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »

was woken up at 4am to go to wallmart before the last minute Rush. and it worked out pretty well.

i found this for $3.00

so i bought all 3 of them  Grin

from what i hear they have 1198s , 696s, 749s, and hypermotards also but none in stock as of today

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3292 on: December 24, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »

you also wrench bimmers? owner told me that i could have the car saturday and sunday against a signed 'pink slip' of my bike ... will update on monday ...

Sign that pink slip & he'll own your bike and his car all at the same time.

I have wrenched on Bimmers and Benzs but lately I've been the service manager at an independent BMW shop.  The shop is also an unofficial hangout workshop for a few of the Duc owners I ride with.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3293 on: December 24, 2010, 11:09:38 PM »

was woken up at 4am to go to wallmart before the last minute Rush. and it worked out pretty well.

i found this for $3.00

so i bought all 3 of them  Grin

from what i hear they have 1198s , 696s, 749s, and hypermotards also but none in stock as of today

cool, you're the only guy on the island with 4 white 848s... waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3294 on: December 24, 2010, 11:13:31 PM »

Had our Christmas dinner on the eve this year rather than Christmas day, a good time was had by one and all... Vino!

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3295 on: December 25, 2010, 06:52:19 AM »

Sign that pink slip & he'll own your bike and his car all at the same time.

I have wrenched on Bimmers and Benzs but lately I've been the service manager at an independent BMW shop.  The shop is also an unofficial hangout workshop for a few of the Duc owners I ride with.

First of all, Merry Xmas everyone ...

mac, I'll sign the pink slip if, and only if something happens to the car, bike won't leave my garage and pink slip will not be signed, unless ... that's the deal ...

Cool, you have the job I once had ... SM at an independent shop, but, I was SM at a dealership ... 2 many issues of the 'paper trail' type and things took 2 long to get solved, so I told owner to step it up or ... 3 months later I quit, open my own shop with equipment from the dealership that had gone bellyup due to 'lack of service'[people commented how good the guys in the shop worked without much needed tools and parts] and it lasted about 5 years ... untill, I had to close down. Had to sell everything, my OBD1/2 diagnostics, my euro-diagnostics, my CO2 analyzer ... in tota, about, $45K of tools and equipment for $10K... And this car once came to my shop for a brake pad replacement ... He installed EBC all around, I remember ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3296 on: December 25, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »

Did the dealership service manager thing too. Twice. Saved them from a horrible warranty audit but then the business was sold. Over the long run my service philosophy clashed too often with the new owners so we had to part ways. They continue along in their finest tradition which benefits us greatly. I hope they never change.  laughingdp

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3297 on: December 25, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »

Did the dealership service manager thing too. Twice. Saved them from a horrible warranty audit but then the business was sold. Over the long run my service philosophy clashed too often with the new owners so we had to part ways. They continue along in their finest tradition which benefits us greatly. I hope they never change.  laughingdp

Yes, dealers love their customers, that's why we have independent shops all over the world; and now with tools available to everyone ... Even 'OEM' only diagnostics, like Bosch's KTS 670 ... it's a hoot to work solo ...

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3298 on: December 25, 2010, 01:22:52 PM »

Had our Christmas dinner on the eve this year rather than Christmas day, a good time was had by one and all... Vino!

Did you get your oven open?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3299 on: December 25, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

Did you get your oven open?

No, technician coming on the 28th...was no problem though as my daughter took care of the ham and the stove top was still operable...

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: