Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 02:23:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536411 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3390 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »

So did you adjust the front end dampening back to the original settings? 

Heck no. Now it feels better than it ever has!  This bike's front always was a little wiggly even with proper tire pressures front & rear. It finally acted pretty good going around the Pali "hairpin" coming home the other night.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3391 on: January 24, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »

Wow.  Go go strong sidewalls!

You bet. Pirelli Diablo Corse III. About 3,200 miles on them and they are getting worn in the middle. With any luck at all they might make it to being replaced because they're worn out and not because of the leak.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3392 on: January 24, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »

test rode a BMW 323is with the customer, customer was complaining of 'not enough power to power slide in a curve' ... I think I showed he was either wrong or doesn't know how to drive ... btw an E36 ...5sp

Good for you! That's always fun to do. Hey, anyone can power slide a Z28 or Firebird 400.  Well.......................... maybe not anyone...............

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3393 on: January 25, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »

How did the steering damper work out on the 848?...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3394 on: January 25, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »

Killed some bugs on a ride over to Kailua side & back late this morning...lots of police activity at the top & bottom of Auloa Road and on the Pali Hwy inbetween those spots, almost as if they were looking for someone... Police

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3395 on: January 25, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »

How did the steering damper work out on the 848?...

So far so good but the real test will come when I hit that stupid bump before the tunnel going townbound at 70 plus.    Wait! .....  I don't ride that fast.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3396 on: January 26, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »

hey all ..

can any of you bmw guys, tell me why x3 front shock absorbers,even am, are so expensive Huh??

BTW , good evening ..

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3397 on: January 26, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »

hey all ..

can any of you bmw guys, tell me why x3 front shock absorbers,even am, are so expensive Huh??

BTW , good evening ..

Because they're for a BMW...I'm disappointed that you couldn't figure that out... Roll Eyes

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3398 on: January 26, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »

Because they're for a BMW...I'm disappointed that you couldn't figure that out... Roll Eyes

yeah, i figured that out, but, i see nothing special on them to make the front two cost that much !!!

the m6 we replaced last week,all four, bilstein, costed $1000.00 including taxes and shipping to Panama ... from Germany ... the x3 ones are bilstein aftermarket ... not OEM ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3399 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »

yeah, i figured that out, but, i see nothing special on them to make the front two cost that much !!!

the m6 we replaced last week,all four, bilstein, costed $1000.00 including taxes and shipping to Panama ... from Germany ... the x3 ones are bilstein aftermarket ... not OEM ...

Checked today and the X3 Bilstein aftermarket rear shocks are $140.00 ea mainland USA retail list.  The X3 front struts are around $340.00 ea retail. That's the complete strut and not a cartridge insert. So yep, that brings them to a little over a grand before shipping and any import duty, retail that is.  There are a few internet sites that advertise them for wholesale pricing but the question is whether they have them in stock and the ones I saw didn't.

I would expect the M6 to cost even more if they are for the later E63 M6, in fact a lot more.  If you're looking at the old E24 M6, one of my all time favorites BTW, then maybe not so bad.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3400 on: January 28, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »

Checked today and the X3 Bilstein aftermarket rear shocks are $140.00 ea mainland USA retail list.  The X3 front struts are around $340.00 ea retail. That's the complete strut and not a cartridge insert. So yep, that brings them to a little over a grand before shipping and any import duty, retail that is.  There are a few internet sites that advertise them for wholesale pricing but the question is whether they have them in stock and the ones I saw didn't.

I would expect the M6 to cost even more if they are for the later E63 M6, in fact a lot more.  If you're looking at the old E24 M6, one of my all time favorites BTW, then maybe not so bad.

M6 I was talking is the E24 ... it has only 32000kms ... model year '86 ... everything in the car, except oil and fuel are OEM ... even the TRX tires ...

The struts we took off ... are ONE piece no insert ... all 4 of them ... no wires no nutin' ... plain shocks ... the M6 ones were, what can I tell you,m the car was so low on the ground we had to drive it on 4" of wood in order to jack it up ... there was no oil left in the old units ...

Today we got 69 trouble codes of an X5 3.0i ... the only thing working properly was the horn ...

Carlos
DRKWNG
« Reply #3401 on: January 28, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »

make the beast with two backs make the beast with two backs make the beast with two backs!!!!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3402 on: January 28, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »

make the beast with two backs make the beast with two backs make the beast with two backs!!!!

I guess the snow is starting to get to you....been feeling for you the last couple of weeks or so... Sad

DRKWNG
« Reply #3403 on: January 28, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »

No.  Received an email today outlining how I am expected to show up at Ft Bragg on Monday, to start my way through the training queue...  Which would then turn into a 365 day deployment.  Funny thing is, no one at big AF knows anything about this, and no orders have been cut...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3404 on: January 28, 2011, 05:42:21 PM »

Howfer?  That no make-a no sense!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: