Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 12:24:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536029 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3630 on: March 27, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »

Put the pedal down, listen to the too-loud-for-my-taste exhaust let everyone know you've put  your foot down, and feel, well, not much. 

Dosen't sound like a healthy E36M3 to me, unless the convertible is a real porker compared to the coupe...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3631 on: March 27, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »

Glad to hear the engine/trans issues are minimal.  I drove the car yesterday.  It was... underwhelming.  It didn't occur to me at the time, but it seemed a little reminiscent of the ti when the cat was shot.  Put the pedal down, listen to the too-loud-for-my-taste exhaust let everyone know you've put  your foot down, and feel, well, not much.  Oh, and your warning about the power top mechanism was spot on - it requires a "nudge".   That said, it's decent overall, he seems to have kept on top of maintenance - preventative and otherwise.  Not sure about this one.

Bring it by the shop if you can and we'll give it a look over. Free.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3632 on: March 27, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »

Dosen't sound like a healthy E36M3 to me, unless the convertible is a real porker compared to the coupe...

I fear for it's health as well.  I'm sure the convertible is slower and heavier, but I think it's worse than it should be.

Bring it by the shop if you can and we'll give it a look over. Free.

I appreciate the offer.  I spoke to the seller (Mike, i think), and it turns out he works around Queen and Ward.  He seems willing to do the legwork for me and bring it over.  Feel free to charge him as much as you'd like!  cheeky

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3633 on: March 27, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »

I fear for it's health as well.  I'm sure the convertible is slower and heavier, but I think it's worse than it should be.

I appreciate the offer.  I spoke to the seller (Mike, i think), and it turns out he works around Queen and Ward.  He seems willing to do the legwork for me and bring it over.  Feel free to charge him as much as you'd like!  cheeky

No problemo.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3634 on: March 30, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »

Speaking of free shop work we should do your suspension this Saturday Jing!   [moto]

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #3635 on: March 31, 2011, 06:00:34 PM »

Hey, that sounds like a good plan.  Thank u Rick.  What time shall I show up?  More importantly, which beer should I bring?
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3636 on: March 31, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »

More importantly, which beer should I bring?

You just opened Pandora's Box right there...   drink

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3637 on: March 31, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »

Came home from work at 0830, sick like Russian dog.  I blame the economy.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3638 on: March 31, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »

Hey, that sounds like a good plan.  Thank u Rick.  What time shall I show up?  More importantly, which beer should I bring?

A six pack of Sierra Nevada Porter or Sierra Nevada Torpedo will do nicely. Even a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good too. Or a 12 pack of Bitburger. Should be easy but if not don't worry about showing up. You get your suspension done, beer or not.  waytogo

sta

« Reply #3639 on: April 01, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »

Now we got the important part out of the way drink, so the other matter would be the time?  At your convenience of course.  waytogo
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3640 on: April 01, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »

Short ride to visit the snake & back...three HPD officers enforcing the speed limit on Wilikina Drive...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3641 on: April 01, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

There have been crazy reports of a sudden increased HPD presence lately. I saw a blue & white parked on the grass between the UH off ramp & on ramp going west bound the other night. In 40 something years of driving here I have never, ever seen that.  Shocked

I bet it'll be dangerous out there this weekend.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:42:25 PM by MadDuck » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3642 on: April 01, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »

I bet it'll be dangerous out there this weekend.

Good time to hang out and do suspension work. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3643 on: April 01, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »

Good time to hang out and do suspension work. 

Or ride bicycles.

sta

« Reply #3644 on: April 02, 2011, 07:15:42 PM »

Was at the shop and watched/helped Rick to set my suspension in range.  Thank u Rick! Rode it thu tantalus and 13 turns, def felt diffence for the better. 
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: