Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 10:20:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535992 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3645 on: April 02, 2011, 08:43:11 PM »

Was at the shop and watched/helped Rick to set my suspension in range.  Thank u Rick! Rode it thu tantalus and 13 turns, def felt diffence for the better. 

Cool!...so you're ready to rock n roll tomorrow then... [moto]

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3646 on: April 02, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »

Was at the shop and watched/helped Rick to set my suspension in range.  Thank u Rick! Rode it thu tantalus and 13 turns, def felt diffence for the better. 

waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3647 on: April 03, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »

Super Duked a squirrel today...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3648 on: April 03, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »

Didn't hurt the bike did it?  popcorn

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3649 on: April 03, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »

Super Duked a squirrel today...

Is that some sort of east coast euphemism?  Grin

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3650 on: April 03, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »

No, not at all.  Just a suicidal squirrel darted out, and straight into my line, while out riding today.  The guy behind me had his camera going and captured the twirling aftermath... 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3651 on: April 04, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=39567.msg870742#msg870742

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3652 on: April 04, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »

didn't catch the squirrel, I was preoccupied with that beautiful road... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3653 on: April 04, 2011, 03:43:41 PM »

It was about the 1:34 mark.  Kind of hard to see it with the level of compression that was applied to the video file.  But if you listen really closely you can hear Ted start laughing.   Grin

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3654 on: April 04, 2011, 04:40:26 PM »

jebus,

was offered a brand new in the box giant talon 3 for $700.00[remeber i'm not in the US] ... is it a good choice .. been so long away from the sport ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3655 on: April 06, 2011, 12:25:08 PM »

Bit more of last Sunday's ride:

Strange.  In the video it looks like I am leaning away from the turn in a lot of spots, but it feels like I am leaning into it when on that road...

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3656 on: April 06, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

Strange.  In the video it looks like I am leaning away from the turn in a lot of spots, but it feels like I am leaning into it when on that road...

very nice road ... "ham sammich edition'?

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3657 on: April 06, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »

At around the 5 minute mark I notice you leaning away to the right in left turns. Right turns more body lean to the right. Before that mark your lower body would lean into the turns, left or right, but your head and sometimes shoulders would go back to straight up.

This is something I still play with. Do I just lean over with everything and try to make sense out of an extremely tilted "video" or do I get over and then try to get my visual back to a more normal vertical viewpoint?  I haven't figured out which is better and seem to be able to do both equally well or equally bad, depending....  laughingdp

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3658 on: April 07, 2011, 06:40:07 AM »

Maybe due to the fact that the SD is more like a SM than a standard bike? Dunno, it happened to me when I took a demo ride on a 200cc SM type bike ...

Carlos
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3659 on: April 07, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »

just got back from kentucky and Ohio... i never wanted to have my bikes with me more that for the last 2 weeks. even though it was 40+ degrees

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: