Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 03:22:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535712 times)
WillS

« Reply #3900 on: June 24, 2011, 11:12:37 PM »

cap comes complete, not separate parts. but feel free to check it out.

not putting any pressure on lip of tank when shut

no, there is a drain built into the cap

gas leaking by, draining down tube, getting on motor

there also is a hairline crack on one part of the cap.

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3901 on: June 24, 2011, 11:23:47 PM »

Ah so desu ca (sp?)   makes sense

Warranty, no?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3902 on: June 24, 2011, 11:54:28 PM »

Ah so desu ca (sp?)   makes sense

Warranty, no?

Ah so desu ka?...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3903 on: June 25, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »

Can't speak for the Streetfighter but for the 848 the cap doesn't even come separately from the fuel tank.  Checked out 114 pages and no separate listing for the cap or seal. Totally strange and it could be the effect of three beers but I've made five complete sweeps of all 114 pages of parts & listings for the SBK. No separate cap or seal.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3904 on: June 25, 2011, 12:36:12 AM »

Ah so desu ka?...

Well, I noted the spelling might be off but it is as close as I can remember from Japanese language lessons  for something like " yes, that is so, isn't it "

WillS

« Reply #3905 on: June 25, 2011, 01:22:25 AM »

you can get the cap separate for the 848.
WillS

« Reply #3906 on: June 25, 2011, 08:36:51 AM »

que?
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3907 on: June 25, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »

was?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3908 on: June 25, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »

Is that why they burst into flames before they go through the bug screen on a Lear Jet?

I guess I'd better watch my altitude when flying on the SF, no?... Shocked

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3909 on: June 25, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »

you can get the cap separate for the 848.

OK. After two separate searches this morning, and completely sober, (as opposed to last night  Roll Eyes) -- I think I found the picture. If it's what I think it is, it shows up as a "Locks Kit", pictured in a bag like thing along with the ignition switch tumbler. Pesky parts catalog people.  laughingdp

This searching stuff can drive you nuts. I have to do this constantly every day at work. Where the F is that thing? ?  Maybe that's what makes me like I am.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3910 on: June 25, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

que?

That went over my head too.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3911 on: June 25, 2011, 11:56:35 AM »

Maybe that's what makes me like I am.

and how is that?... Wink

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3912 on: June 25, 2011, 11:35:26 PM »

Changed the oil on the '02 R1100S. The filter will come soon when I get the filter tool. Replaced the rear brake pads and the oil level sight glass. What a pain!! Got closer to figuring out the central locking problem on the 240D, which means I eliminated certain problem areas but there is still more to go.........

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3913 on: June 26, 2011, 03:51:47 AM »

Changed the oil on the '02 R1100S. The filter will come soon when I get the filter tool. Replaced the rear brake pads and the oil level sight glass. What a pain!! Got closer to figuring out the central locking problem on the 240D, which means I eliminated certain problem areas but there is still more to go.........

How are the vacumm hoses and reservoirs and pump?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3914 on: June 26, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »

How are the vacumm hoses and reservoirs and pump?

Vacuum pump is good. So are the servos in both rear doors, the trunk & fuel flap door. I thought I found it in the rear right where there was a vacuum hose barely holding onto the servo. Fixed that and tested the servo. It's in the front right door or the vacuum line connections somewhere. Leak is in the unlocked circuit. The engine still shuts off so that's good. That project gets put on the calender for next week.

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: