Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 03:18:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535700 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3915 on: June 26, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »

Vacuum pump is good. So are the servos in both rear doors, the trunk & fuel flap door. I thought I found it in the rear right where there was a vacuum hose barely holding onto the servo. Fixed that and tested the servo. It's in the front right door or the vacuum line connections somewhere. Leak is in the unlocked circuit. The engine still shuts off so that's good. That project gets put on the calender for next week.

Forgot to askm is it a W123?

If so, I might, read carefully, might have a repair manual and if so, could scan vacuum systems's and email ... as said, not sure if I still have said manual ... OEM from MB ...

Many times those vacuum hoses "look" OK but if you spray 'em with some soapy water, as you know, it is possible that it could be cracked ... just and idea for next week !!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday  ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3916 on: June 26, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »

Appreciate the tip. Yep. It's a 123. been working on them since '79.  waytogo IMO it's one of the best cars ever built.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3917 on: June 27, 2011, 04:48:55 AM »

Appreciate the tip. Yep. It's a 123. been working on them since '79.  waytogo IMO it's one of the best cars ever built.

Do share your opinion ... I did my apprenticeship in MB Sindelfingen ...

Up to now, haven't founded the manual, I'm still looking ... many boxes to look thru ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3918 on: June 27, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »

Do share your opinion ... I did my apprenticeship in MB Sindelfingen ...

Up to now, haven't founded the manual, I'm still looking ... many boxes to look thru ...

No worries. I have the shop manual on DVD. I don't think I'll need a manual or the DVD to sort this out. The central locking system is tatooed on my internal hard drive.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3919 on: June 27, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »

No worries. I have the shop manual on DVD. I don't think I'll need a manual or the DVD to sort this out. The central locking system is tatooed on my internal hard drive.

OH, OK ... then ... you on your own ... jajajaja joking ....

This sounds like a cracked hose somewhere in the  Rh side ...either the plastic ones or the rubber links ...

Carlos
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #3920 on: June 27, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »

Went for a 5 mile run, installed the sato fork/axle sliders and ordered the Kyle Ducati Throttle Tube through Josh @ SSC.  The Termi slips should arrive this week...can't wait to get them on!    

drink Dolph (not in that order)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:36:38 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3921 on: June 27, 2011, 10:10:02 PM »

ordered the Kyle Ducati Throttle Tube

Let us know how that works out...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3922 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:32 AM »

Why did you het the throttle tube?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

« Reply #3923 on: June 28, 2011, 03:22:36 AM »

Why did you get the throttle tube?

I'm trying to smooth out the bottom end a bit and tighten up the slack...I figured I would try it, along with the termi/DP ECU.  The Dan Kyle throttle tube seems to have good reviews/feedback.  

I spoke with Rick about it this wkend...like him, I don't expect miracles from aftermarket gadgets, but hoping it will provide that incremental improvement.  With that said, I need to attend a track day/school on the mainland and become a better rider...or in Rick's words "pilot."  I can never get my DC/VA trips lined up w/ Keith Code's schedule at the VIR.  

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3924 on: June 28, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »

This might sound a bit pedestrian, but have you checked to make sure your throttle cables are adjusted correctly? 

And just so you know, VIR is a pretty good ways from the DC metro area.  You'd be better off going to NJ Motorsports Park instead.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3925 on: June 28, 2011, 02:23:24 PM »

I'll be getting a G2 throttle tammer for my M620 ... let's see if this takes care of the "on/off' responce of the Ducati throttle ... I just want to be able to be a bit smoother of turns and somehow not have my jewels as necktie every time I come 'hot'[for me] of a turn ...

Carlos
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3926 on: June 28, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »

I think it's funny that people are complaining about that on current Ducatis.  You should go ride a newer KTM.   

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3927 on: June 28, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »

I'm not complaining ... just saying, Ducatis have this /on/off' throttle that it's hard to 'tame' ...

To be honest, last KTM I rode was a Duke 640 and saw I couldn't own one unless I got legs transplants ...

Carlos
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3928 on: June 28, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »

Worked on my pain therapy...H3, 13 turns, Norfolk, the Pali, etc... Dolph

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #3929 on: June 28, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »

Worked on my pain therapy...H3, 13 turns, Norfolk, the Pali, etc... Dolph

I know therapy can be drawn out and painful, but stick to it...just remember, there's always a fast sweeper at the end of the tunnel!  

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: