Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 03:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535321 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4230 on: September 18, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »

Good to hear you're mostly OK, but, not a good way to learn how crashworthy a bike is ...

Bummers about the crash, but good to hear that you're okay...hope the SD is not too bad off...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4231 on: September 18, 2011, 11:15:24 PM »

hope the SD is not too bad off...

It made it through remarkably unscathed.  Scuffed up the upper and lower frame slider on the right side, the bar end and the peg on the new rear-sets, plus a scratch on the mirror.  The only things that actually got broken was the front brake lever (at the break-away point) and the left rear turn signal, which either his bike took off or my foot did when I (mini) high-sided my way into the air.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4232 on: September 19, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »

Well, shit. Very glad that you're mostly OK & the bike too.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #4233 on: September 20, 2011, 08:18:44 AM »

Glad to hear u r okay. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4234 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »

R-Lo's are low mounts (695)... I really like the hyper's 2-1 Ti system.  but I don't like the price. otherwise they have a carbon 2-2 slip-on that is undertail like the stock

Good on you for gettin' with it.  waytogo  The Hyper is about turning and not top speed but, of course, you already know that!

I installed the Termi 1 into 2 slip ons on my friends HM1100. They won't make big noise even with the dB killers out. Your old 620 with the Arrows was louder than the slip on set up. I know because my friend's wife has a 620 and it's louder than his Hyper. The good thing with that is the ECU and the fueling. I'd go with the the 2 into 1 pipe up the side but as you say....... very pricey.  Tongue

Maybe you could get a homemade exhaust recipe from Will.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4235 on: September 21, 2011, 09:29:41 AM »

I installed the Termi 1 into 2 slip ons on my friends HM1100. They won't make big noise even with the dB killers out. Your old 620 with the Arrows was louder than the slip on set up. I know because my friend's wife has a 620 and it's louder than his Hyper. The good thing with that is the ECU and the fueling. I'd go with the the 2 into 1 pipe up the side but as you say....... very pricey.  Tongue

I'm fine with it not being loud, just miss the deeper tone and all that.  if I stay undertail, I do like how the Zard pentas look, and I don't know if I really need the full cat-deleted setup and all that.  also not sure about the whole ECU reflash thing vs. warranty.

my issue with the termi is that it's CF... not a fan, really.  I was also told that the extended warranty applies to DP bits installed on the bike, so sticking with termi would make the most sense.

meh. broke anyway. exhaust is waaayyyy down the line if I ever do it.  Roll Eyes
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4236 on: September 21, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

This was the route we were on last Sunday, when Brian took me out.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4237 on: September 21, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »

looks like a nice ride ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4238 on: September 21, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »

This was the route we were on last Sunday, when Brian took me out.

Was it just not clearing a turn or was it more a he thinks a right turn is happening and you think a straight is happening?  Almost like when Lester almost took out Craig down at the bottom of Snake Road where the right turn to Haleiwa is?

Did I miss something or was there little to none discussion of that over at CAM?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4239 on: September 22, 2011, 02:25:28 AM »

Well...  I had never been on the part of the route that we were on, so Brian was leading.  We had discussed ahead of time that we were going to stay on Old 55W for most of the way, so all seemed good.  We were coming up on an intersection, with a stop sign, that was sign posted O 55W straight ahead, so we were all slowing down.  As we were almost at the intersection, I started to pull alongside Brian just as he leaned over and decided to turn right without indicating.  Didn't really have any time to react as he ran into me immediately after he initiated the turn.  I started to reach out and push/kick him away, but both bikes had already tangled by then and down we went. 

Haven't really been talking much about it over in CAM as I said what I had to say to him at the scene. 

teddy037.3
« Reply #4240 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »

1st service, bought torque wrench, lunch.

firefight thursday.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4241 on: September 23, 2011, 12:33:50 PM »

firefight thursday.

Huh?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4242 on: September 23, 2011, 12:56:20 PM »

Huh?

game mode in Halo: Reach
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4243 on: September 23, 2011, 07:22:16 PM »

Put up 12 new screens and rescreened four others at Ken's new place this afternoon...having a Stella Artois at the moment... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4244 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:58 AM »

Put up 12 new screens and rescreened four others at Ken's new place this afternoon...having a Stella Artois at the moment... Grin

I'll also go ahead and get a coupleof those at the specialty liquor store on my Oktoberfest purchase trip .. !!!

BTW, how autocross going?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: