Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 11:57:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513387 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »

Damn, that sounds pretty steep.  Especially with you only pulling 7-9 with a triple on the front.  What sort of cluster are you running on the rear?

Alex and I ended up going out to Schofield this evening to hit the gym up there.  First time I had been there in a while and they have gotten some really nice equip in the weight rooms.

It's not that steep. I'm weak. ------ Running a 12-25 now but I'm thinking seriously about a 13-26, not so much for the low gearing but because there's gap in the middle ranges of the 12-25 that the 13-26 doesn't have. I'm not in the 12 except on downhills so I really don't need it.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #226 on: July 01, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »

It's not that steep. I'm weak.

Me too.  Especially when you consider that I haven't been doing much of any hill work for the last year or so...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »

Me too.  Especially when you consider that I haven't been doing much of any hill work for the last year or so...

Shame on you!!  Grin Look where you live. You could be Marco Pantani #2. (Like I should talk)

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »

Shame on you!!  Grin Look where you live. You could be Marco Pantani #2. (Like I should talk)

Complete with the ears! 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »

You could be Marco Pantani #2.

I don't know, I almost look like I ate Marco Pantani.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2008, 10:47:51 PM »

I don't know, I almost look like I ate Marco Pantani.

Almost? I did and it still doesn't help.  When I was at German Car Service I used to pedal up Alewa Hgts. 2 or 3 times after work, depending on the time of year. There was always this other guy on the hill, older, shorter, lighter, always wore white knee socks up to his knees and no helmet, always a cycling cap. With all due respect that motherf***** could climb. He owns that hill!

DRKWNG
« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »

Well, that hill would more than likely own me!  Sad

But on a lighter note, went and saw that Sport 1000 out in Kailua today.  Dude wasn't home yet when I got there, so did a couple of passes on Norfolk to kill some time.   Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2008, 08:49:01 AM »

Complete with the ears! 

No kidding. But kidding aside I preferred the "Il Pirata" nickname over the  "Dumbo". Too bad. Sometimes the flashier character is also the more troubled.  I wonder how many places his name is still painted on the road.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »

Oh, I agree.  Pantani was badass, and Dumbo, umm, isn't.  I have a thought.

Edit:
Thought completed; new bicycle thread.

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=6202.0

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 09:05:24 AM by elTreesto » Logged

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »

Put a check for $7000 in the mail today.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2008, 11:46:15 PM »

The waiting officially begins.

DRKWNG
« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2008, 11:59:32 PM »

Yep, the waiting is the hardest part.  Bad thing is, probably won't be able to get the bike picked up (in Michigan) until the 21st.  Sad

And the funny thing is that the Monster is still sitting in my garage. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2008, 08:40:23 AM »

Owning a Ducati = being able to be extremely patient

DRKWNG
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

Not really one of my abilities I am afraid...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2008, 02:36:46 PM »

Not really one of my abilities I am afraid...

Not one of mine either...... we both get to practice.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: