Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 03:20:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535113 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4380 on: October 29, 2011, 06:33:39 AM »

SNOW

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4381 on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »

rain ...

rain ...

rain ...

Sad

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4382 on: October 29, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »

It's a chilly 82 degrees here   laughingdp   Dolph

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4383 on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »

Yea, but how many times have you ridden those exact same what...  Seven worthwhile roads? 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4384 on: October 29, 2011, 12:47:38 PM »

It's a chilly 82 degrees here   laughingdp   Dolph

Still nice not so hot so cold weather for me ... just take away the rain ... we have those exact 82F ..

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
freeflydive

« Reply #4385 on: October 29, 2011, 01:46:55 PM »

Yea, but how many times have you ridden those exact same what...  Seven worthwhile roads?  

Don't remind me!  Luckily, there's a great group of guys to ride those roads with on Sunday.  I've been very fortunate to get my fix and play at the VIR, Thunderbolt and Willow Springs during the year I've been here.  On the other hand, Teresa misses the changing of the leaves and different seasons.    
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:15:13 PM by freeflydive » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4386 on: October 29, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »

Yea, but how many times have you ridden those exact same what...  Seven worthwhile roads? 

it's 14 if you ride them down and back... Kiss

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4387 on: October 29, 2011, 06:40:56 PM »

Especially when you have Alzheimer's.   Kiss

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4388 on: October 30, 2011, 04:43:33 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4389 on: October 30, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »

Yea, but how many times have you ridden those exact same what...  Seven worthwhile roads?  

1. Tantalus

2. Pali Hwy

3. 13 Turns

4. Norfolk

5. Tech Park

6. Snake Road

Then what??  H3??  Laukahi St.??  Kalanianaole Hwy out by Blowhole/Sandys??  Variations??

Sucks but at least we have all year.   Of course, So.Cal. has that & way better roads too!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4390 on: October 30, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »

Laukahi St.??

That and maybe some of the spots up around St Louis Heights...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4391 on: October 30, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »

That and maybe some of the spots up around St Louis Heights...

St Louis?  When did you go up there? You're probably thinking Sierra Dr.  laughingdp We went up there lots with Emile & Co. and sometimes with TurnOne.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4392 on: October 30, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »

A little bit of re-cap over the weekend. Yesterday I replaced the water pump on Gloria's 560SL.  That job used to pay 5.4 hours. I did it in 6 including a lunch break, so I don't feel too badly. Last time I did that job as a  professional was 1996 so that's 15 years ago. Doing it in almost book time was a big plus considering some parts haven't been off that engine in over 15 years. Even the owner's son, Tytus was impressed with how much came off the front of that engine to do the job.

Then we (Gloria & me) went out to the Polynesian Cultural Center to see the Haunted Lagoon show. Got rained on during the show and while driving back to Kailua. That didn't stop me from my Sat. night beer, jazz & cigar.

It was my own special tribute & remembrance for one of the two guys that taught me bike assembly & racing Tantalus over 40 years ago. Bob Felix, RIP, was born on Halloween and he & his buddy, at the time, Jim Cushing, showed me the ropes over Tantalus when I was 20 or so. We used to ride that hill every night after work and then go have Mexican, beers, etc. I had a few beers and an Opus X cigar in Bob's memory. The stories & lessons of those days is a whole different subject but remain with me to this day.

Today I replaced the gas tank on my old Monster and it worked great. Then went out to South Seas and picked up parts for the next Bimmer project and ordered parts for the 848 upcoming valve adjustment.   waytogo   Dolph

freeflydive

« Reply #4393 on: October 31, 2011, 02:18:40 AM »

Bob Felix, RIP, was born on Halloween

While I'll never get to know him, happy birthday Bob and may you rest in peace. 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4394 on: October 31, 2011, 02:20:21 AM »

A little bit of re-cap over the weekend. Yesterday I replaced the water pump on Gloria's 560SL.  That job used to pay 5.4 hours. I did it in 6 including a lunch break, so I don't feel too badly. Last time I did that job as a  professional was 1996 so that's 15 years ago. Doing it in almost book time was a big plus considering some parts haven't been off that engine in over 15 years. Even the owner's son, Tytus was impressed with how much came off the front of that engine to do the job.

Not the same, but I put a new battery in the Golf yesterday.  It never ceases to amaze me just how much of the front end (inside the engine bay) has to come off/out to do anything in that car.  Two neighbors stopped by and said they thought I was rebuilding the damn thing due to how many pieces I had laying out in the driveway.   laughingdp

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: